The first question I would ask would be "why ?" but then I remembered it is oxygen not included, so I just thought "how ?!"
I guess it would require some supercoolant and insulation, and let it run for some cycles ! I guess you wouldn't count if I did it in sandbox, but I don't have a playthrough in survival, still waiting for the full release to have it all at once :D

@Hokaeru Would be cool to see :p

As a side effect it could also give some viewers a better understanding how to get stuff in to rockets, people tend to get other ideas from ideas they see.

Like if I see such things I maybe would then investigate if it possible to punch the rocket window out and if Klei supports that the -273 Celsius gas overflows out of the rocket through that gap, into the cryo rocket launch silo ( just got this idea, currently I always do steam rocket power gen. rooms )...That`d be great :excitement:

I`m always up for special effects and effect reactions in maps. Perfect would be if Klei has fire in the game and its -273C Hydrogen, then I could have hot Oxygen flowing besides the rocket and try to have a permanent flamethrower where the stacked rocket start through + glowing Plutonium spraying the rocket + UV light going and multi spectrum laser beamer for visuals. I like it leaky, exploding, bubbling and with screws flying around. Hoping for so much more in future DLC`s :angel:

Fire would add so much to the game, we need real emergencies escalating in the base via player fails. :flustered: + Microwave beamer`s grilling "biomass" :D That`s the great thing with this game, endless lego combination possibilities.

I would be interested in screenshots on your experiments :p So far I have never pumped any stuff in to a rocket via pipes. Also, if someone manages to make it -273 Celsius inside a rocket, that would be exciting :ghost:

I see that the rocket map is insulated in the "outer inside view " with vacuum, is there any way to remove that vacuum with survival mode gameplay, with real playing ? Or would anything always just off-gas anyway in to space ? @JRup :cheerful:

image.thumb.png.aae1fcca810d738a19f96d3ee904ebbc.png The "inside rocket outside view" vacuum

4 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

1492265306_lookslikebug.thumb.png.ba49d4aa29314dab3c3fd075672207d7.png

it seems like it losing allot liquid to nowhere

I never looked in to this...The rocket walls are steel, is the temperature emitting in to space tiles, via steel walls... and escaping in that way ? Maybe you could test it with heat fluid in the inside pipes and then switch to the thermal view. :confused:

3 minutes ago, babba said:

I never looked in to this...The rocket walls are steel, is the heat emitting in to space tiles, via steel walls... and escaping in that way ?

walls are steel yes but space is vacuum, soo only rocked tiles are cooled down

535985709_lookslikebug.thumb.png.295ce90dc4699af0aca8b5eee200c0c0.png

5 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

walls are steel yes but space is vacuum, soo only rocked tiles are cooled down

..but you say you are loosing temperature inside the rocket ? What I know is that my insides get hotter and hotter, as I only have heat producers in my rockets. The insides are at 50 Celsius, that heat allotted over several hundred cycles slowly...but most of the time they are parked in the the hot steam room rocket silo, I must point that out :congratulatory: Is it possible in survival to replace the rocket walls with glass,as insulator ? I cant seem to destruct the wall in survival...Maybe one could build another layer of glass inside, next to the wall.

3 minutes ago, babba said:

..but you say you are loosing temperature inside the rocket ? What I know is that my insides get hotter and hotter, as I only have heat producers in my rockets. The insides are at 50 Celsius, that allotted over several hundred cycles slowly...but most of the time they are parked in the the hot steam room rocket silo, I must point that out :congratulatory: Is it possible in survival to replace the rocket walls with glass ?

nono, i say i losing the liquid from pipes to somewhere, as you talked -273, and that is what im testing

Ah I see :flustered: For testing these kind of things the sandbox is of course perfect. Keep posting if you manage to make the inside very cold and what the problems are :encouragement:

Really never looked in to this, just noticed that the vacuum and space graphics even are there when the rocket cabin is standing in a steam room, doh !

In survival mode I noticed that the glass window can not be destructed by dupes, but autorepair can be disabled and maybe it can be melted with 4000 Celsius, to at least mess with the vacuum ?

Mhhhh...If someone manages to create 4000 Celsius ( in survivial would be master ace ) inside a rocket ? Is and how would that perhaps be possible ? ...and can the rocket glass be melted ? @Occam Blazer @mathmanican @Electroely @sakura_sk @The Plum Gate @MinhPham @Hokaeru @UnderwearApp :p Kindly asking around...

image.png.99024d5444eff312f23327d3615f2e38.pngimage.png.0a8ca4c4b510b4a99e58178498da6d25.png

Added challenge: I only have Steel/Ceramic currently :lol: ...perhaps 4000 Celsius ( and -273C Celsius as achievement ) can be one time dumped in to the rocket somehow ? As fire and forget solution ?

I don`t even know if this the normal game steel around the rocket and if that can be perhaps melted :confused: If I start using the editor wont play survival mode anymore, I know myself ``

33 minutes ago, babba said:

Mhhhh...If some manages to create 4000 Celsius ( in survivial would be master ace ) inside a rocket ? Is and how would that perhaps be possible ? ...and can the rocket glass be melted ? @Occam Blazer @mathmanican @Electroely @sakura_sk @The Plum Gate :p Kindly asking around...

I only make practical things in ONI.

Like this:

never done it but i will sure try :) there is a cryo bed in the second planet where you find a dupe ....they cant skip the possibility of making bases freezes to use almost only automation and be able to micromanage somewhere else... would have been neat to have cold void puffs when colliding radbolts (wich still make 4700 celsius ) and therefore making cold.yeah mods are there for a reason hehe ..im finishing to reboot my computer properly and im back at it . i plan on  building 2 massives machines that no one bothered to do yet.

edit: the more complex is the automation the most fun it is :)

that circuit bottlecap is really neat haha @Occam Blazer

Theoretically, bringing it as low as supercoolant will allow shouldn't be too hard to do internally.

CjjYbSv.png

Once everything outside the steam chamber is cooled, turn on both pumps to vaccum the interior, then deconstruct everything except the lower layer of insulated tiles (you need those to prevent the debris from the hot aquatuner landing on the steel tiles and exchanging heat) and sweep it all out.

(Edit) the gas pump outside the steam chamber is unnecessary, because the hydrogen will freeze. This also prevents temperature exchange, which will will kill the steam turbine. Luckily, the rockets steel shell can be brought to -272.2 C before that happens.

-272.2 is supercoolant's minimum temperature, so I'm going to call that a success.

FmpOPlW.jpg

What happens if a dupe goes into a module without a floor? Do they fall forever in the void?

If spacefarer modules are perfectly insulated they seem like a great place to build a self contained lox/lh or spom or farm or anything that could use temperature control. The door is basically a tube access without any plastic or power requirement.

16 minutes ago, oosyrag said:

What happens if a dupe goes into a module without a floor? Do they fall forever in the void?

If spacefarer modules are perfectly insulated they seem like a great place to build a self contained lox/lh or spom or farm or anything that could use temperature control. The door is basically a tube access without any plastic or power requirement.

Great idea with the insulation :congratulatory:

Someone could try to get dupes to drop through the floor and get materials fall down :confused: The @Hokaeru Jacuzzi animation show is really cool. Maybe dropping down to the map bottom ends in a bug, dupe death, game crash, disappearance, or the dupe drops in to the main game map ( if rocket grounded ) :confused:

New competition challenge:

Melt the cabins outer walls as the rocket is flying in space, in survival mode.

If someone achieves that, that person will be the official Jedi of ONI :ghost:

Right now it shows this error message about your upload @sakura_sk

image.png.5c71cc21bd4da71f8d7e8b7ab5ea82de.png

Yeah, it would be about melting all cabin floors and then have dupes and materials drop down, to see what happens :cool-new::excitement::confused:

If stuff would drop in to the main map, if grounded, then I would open lots of new options to do things...But its probably just a hopeful dream of mine. Originally I thought it would be possible to poke the rocket windows out and to stream gas somehow in to the main map, that was my original hope.

In a perfect world I could pump gas/fluid in to the cabin via pipes and then have it leak out in to the main map, that is my original dream. I love to build my deep cave special effects rocket silos...

25 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

hmmm... view via Chrome?

Let me check, i was using Firefox...One sec :p

Would love to see it :distracted: Update: Works with Chrome here now ! I fell for looking at my own screenshot of the error :lol:

-----------------------

Ah that is interesting, it does a loop - Yeah, great that it does not crash. Does it do the same loop with materials :confused: :p @sakura_sk

Does the dupe still breath and "function" normal ? I don`t know what a dupe exactly does when he falls...

Many thanks, yeah. I found out that the media type (webm) is a Google developed one - Perhaps other browsers/users can`t play it, Google World Domination Strategy haha. I have posted some questions above :p

Archived