[Game Update] - 471338

• Developer

Hello friends!

This update contains some significant performance improvements for all players, as well as continued work on the Spaced Out! Colony Imperatives and worldgen. Finally, a number of crashes have been fixed. Let us know if you see any other problems with the Base Game, and thanks once again for all your feedback and bug reports during this mergedown!

Features

• Performance improvements
    • Optimized some messaging between objects being slower than intended. In big bases, this can often save > 50% of a frame (in one base, ~63% performance was gained over many frames)
    • Research screen now shows and hides more responsively.
    • Spread out Colony Diagnostic checks and UI updates across frames to make performance more consistent and less spikey.
    • Resources Panel no longer updates when collapsed, preventing large performance spikes.
  • Spaced Out!
    • Refined Regolith Asteroid world generation and added it to all clusters.
    • Added audio for Cosmic Archaeology victory short.

Changes and improvements

• Fridges now go into a low power "energy saver" mode when their contents are cooled.
  • Added a dialog that appears when upgrading base game saves to the newest version to explain the major differences.
  • Spaced Out!
    • Moved Temporal Ripper from Superconductive Asteroid to Tundra Asteroid and updated POI.
    • Updated Temporal Ripper animations.
    • Reduced Temporal Ripper Radbolt processing speed.
    • Added Temporal Tear open/closed animation and status items.
    • Added inspect analyzed artifact popup to Artifact Analysis Station side screen.
    • Added launching and landing animations to starmap rockets.
    • Added cobalt Atmo Suit recipe to the Exosuit Forge.
    • Added starmap launch/land animation to rockets
    • Added Meteor Shower season to Regolith Asteroid.
    • Reduced amount of Iron Volcanoes on Tundra Asteroid temporarily. It will return to the previous numbers in the next update.
    • Added audio for nuclear waste barrel fx.
    • Added starmap artwork for Regolith Asteroid.
    • Final line thickness polish on new victory monument artworks.
    • Made revisions to Duplicant face artwork in victory monuments.
    • Made small adjustments to Classic asteroid artworks.

Bugs

• Players who don't own Spaced Out once again have sound.
  • Fixed an issue sometimes preventing buildings from showing status items when they needed materials delivered.
  • Restored comma separated number formatting to calorie display in resources screen.
  • Duplicant condition panel no longer shows radiation exposure in base game.
  • Seafood and Lettuce products no longer provide radiation resistance in the base game.
  • Reordered Exosuit Forge recipes to so worn suit recipes appear after the suit they repair.
  • Meteor Showers are working again in the base game
  • Space Scanner once again gives warning of approaching meteors.
  • Spaced Out! artifact victory condition information no longer shows up in base game.
  • Spaced Out!
    • Fixed crash when using the Telescope.
    • Fixed issue where Atmo Suits from pre-merge saves would sometimes lose their internal oxygen. This was causing Duplicants to be unable to use checkpoints that had previously been working.
    • Fixed misleading tooltips for rocket height limit condition.
    • Fixed crash opening Crafting Table Codex page.
    • Minor art updates to victory monument artwork (replaced rocket modules with likeness of modules that are actually in the game).
    • Small adjustments to artifact artwork to fix floating artifacts in the Artifact Analysis Station.
    • Fixed an issue where some asteroids would not reveal their surface.
    • Adjusted “set rocket destination” tooltip.
    • Drillcone description fixed to include Cargo Module reference.
    • Temporal Ripper can no longer be damaged by meteors.

View full update

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4
  • Ninja 1
  • Health 1
  • Big Ups 3
  • GL Happy 2

41 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Fridges now go into a low power "energy saver" mode when their contents are cooled.

Please, please, please tell me it's 10W with no heating, and not something stupid like 30W with heating. My thermoregulator setups use ~33W average to freeze food in 3 fridges in basic little pits.
We also still could really do with a freezer building and food storage buildings protecting their contents from bad gases around (basically should be normal atmosphere at worst).

EDIT:

ONI_YouCallThisLowPower.png.bfffeb38fce9c8ad727850ce752ac61e.png

Okay, 20W is probably about fair (it's likely what a thermoregulator would be pulling average to cool down a small area to 2C), but while producing the same amount of heat as when it's running in full power mode? This contributes a non-negligible amount of heat in Solo Spacefarer modules that on top of a battery quickly leads to toasty conditions. I really hope you remove the heat production when in low power mode in the next testing update.

• Added cobalt Atmo Suit recipe to the Exosuit Forge.

Nice, I was kind of annoyed at this being missing, as then my one colony had to rely on shipped-over iron suits. What about Iron Ore Oxygen Masks, though? I think those were also strangely missing.
While on the subject, if AquaTuners could be made of refined metals instead of just metal ores, it would greatly help when all I want is a little cooling solution somewhere that really shouldn't need steel to be shipped over. Also, it's weird Cobalt doesn't convey overheat bonus when it has both a high melting point and high thermal conductivity...

• Reduced amount of Iron Volcanoes on Tundra Asteroid temporarily. It will return to the previous numbers in the next update.

But...why though? Like, what's the reason for such a temporary change that makes us want to not test because the world gen is changing again anyways? Is this because the ripper would run into iron volcanoes otherwise?

Edited by Nebbie
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Red Shark said:

I could not figure out how to activate "energy saver" mode on the fridges. Either in Spaced Out or the base game. The line draws 120 watts (as reported by the energy grid view), even after contents were cooled to 2*C.

28134803_DoubleCursor.png.21a8d11794067af61b484d22d31b2b12.png

Looks like there might be a masking or camera culling issue in the base game, though -- the cursor and effects (such as oxylite sublimation), appear duplicated in a separate camera view that is overlaid on top of the main game camera.

Not sure what's going on in your game, but I'm seeing it work in mine, and confirmed in the energy panel.ONI_FridgeEnergy.thumb.png.041e102871ed99b27400beef0d8d1bd6.png

• Like 1

• Developer
2 hours ago, Red Shark said:

Can confirm. Looks like Steam hasn't recognized the update exists for me at all, yet. I'll remove my previous post lest it cause more confusion.

Are you on the public testing branch?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Protoz2001 said:

is this it?

This is a "testing branch" update so.. maybe expect some more changes for spaced out and probably some more fixes for base game's Mergedown until Thursday.

Edit: If you mean that below .. I have no idea :lol:

image.png.815b3d7911e63038a4e9909569583988.png

Edited by sakura_sk

5 hours ago, crbd115 said:

now we just need the space scanner back to automate bunker doors

Why would you want to automate the doors with a space scanner, when you can control the meteor shower ? - You're litterally "summoning" the meteor shower, so you'll know exactly when it arrives also...

8 minutes ago, SkunkMaster said:

You're litterally "summoning" the meteor shower, so you'll know exactly when it arrives also...

Doesn't the "Added Meteor Shower season to Regolith Asteroid." mean you will not know when it will come? (Unless it is only after the "trigger" that meteors spawn). Also, I don't think it happens only once after the fact. It could be regular and predictable though (I haven't played that many cycles to test it)

34 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

Doesn't the "Added Meteor Shower season to Regolith Asteroid." mean you will not know when it will come? (Unless it is only after the "trigger" that meteors spawn). Also, I don't think it happens only once after the fact. It could be regular and predictable though (I haven't played that many cycles to test it)

I watched for 20 cycles, its appears constant and random

48 minutes ago, SkunkMaster said:

Why would you want to automate the doors with a space scanner, when you can control the meteor shower ? - You're litterally "summoning" the meteor shower, so you'll know exactly when it arrives also...

They added the regolith moon with meteor showers that can happen from day one. That seems to be the majority of its purpose.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moved Temporal Ripper from Superconductive Asteroid to Tundra Asteroid and updated POI.

I don't know. I liked the idea that it's on a somewhat difficult to tame asteroid and thus endgame content even more clearly

With this update, I suddenly notice my starting planet (classic forest planet) has meteor shower now. 

Does this patch intend to bring meteor shower back to the starting planet on DLC classic mode?

• GL Happy 1

12 hours ago, crbd115 said:

now we just need the space scanner back to automate bunker doors

You mean like this line from change log:

• Space Scanner once again gives warning of approaching meteors.

(Disclaimer: I did not check if it works actually yet :D )

Performance improvements - Many many many thanks, need to check it out sometime :cheerful:

More (optional ) endgame colony extinction threats please, RimWorld style :ghost::confused:

image.png.650646578217fe9e8fd243a11a8bc94d.png

Game FPS performance

image.png.4874eeedc3856a59ef9ab429b4fcbfb2.png

Also...Tank u for pizza rego (lith) :afro:

image.png.46a98b6b8a8e9112915b08c980ca7b37.pngimage.thumb.png.b56fc8f7dde799b684050a7b198afd0c.png

Edited by babba
  • Haha 1
  • Potato Cup 1

-------------------------------------
Translated Report (Full Report Below)
-------------------------------------

Process:               Oxygen Not Included [13939]
Path:                  /Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Steam/*/OxygenNotIncluded.app/Contents/MacOS/Oxygen Not Included
Identifier:            unity.Klei.Oxygen Not Included
Version:               1.0 (0)
Code Type:             ARM-64 (Native)
Parent Process:        launchd [1]
User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2021-07-15 22:17:36.5313 +0300
OS Version:            macOS 12.0 (21A5284e)
Report Version:        12
Anonymous UUID:        07730361-8BCE-72E4-D71E-E747468A5970

Sleep/Wake UUID:       849E0759-640D-4C54-843F-44DCC5B82DB1

Time Awake Since Boot: 11000 seconds
Time Since Wake:       7463 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        0

Exception Type:        EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes:       0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason:    Namespace DYLD, Code 9 
tried: '/steamloader.dylib' (no such file), '/Users/myusername/Library/Application Support/Steam/Steam.AppBundle/Steam/Contents/MacOS/steamloader.dylib' (fat file, but missing compatible architecture (have 'i386,x86_64', need 'arm64e')), '/Users/myusername/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/OxygenNotIncluded/steamloader.dylib' (no such file), '/Users/myusername/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/OxygenNotIncluded/bin/steamloader.dylib' (no such file), '/usr/local/lib/steamloader.dylib' (no such file), '/lib/steamloader.dylib' (no such file), '/usr/lib/steamloader.dylib' (no such file)

Application Specific Information:

Thread 0 Crashed:
0   dyld                          	       0x102c7a27c __abort_with_payload + 8
1   dyld                          	       0x102c811ec abort_with_payload_wrapper_internal + 104
2   dyld                          	       0x102c81220 abort_with_payload + 16
3   dyld                          	       0x102c3a620 dyld4::halt(char const*) + 328
4   dyld                          	       0x102c36750 invocation function for block in dyld4::prepare(dyld4::APIs&, dyld3::MachOAnalyzer const*) + 292
5   dyld                          	       0x102c38dec dyld4::ProcessConfig::PathOverrides::forEachInColonList(char const*, char const*, void (char const*, bool&) block_pointer) + 204
6   dyld                          	       0x102c39114 dyld4::ProcessConfig::PathOverrides::forEachInsertedDylib(void (char const*, bool&) block_pointer) const + 116
7   dyld                          	       0x102c354f8 dyld4::prepare(dyld4::APIs&, dyld3::MachOAnalyzer const*) + 780
8   dyld                          	       0x102c350dc start + 488

After the update i can't play with my M1 mac anymore