Dst Ideas in Mind (Plz Read Klei)

Everyone! Okay! Let's redo this list, forget about the comments... 

First, I have very minimal ideas in mind for QoL...

Okay, I still want the Pearl's pearl to be located on the map, I can't get that idea out of my mind

We need shipwrecked boats in the game, I don't want to be on a slow pancake on water, Shipwrecked boats would be nice

I feel the Celestial Champion should have a respawn timer, like other bosses, cuz you could just fight the celestial champion however many times you want without waiting

An idea for later content updates...

How about a killer bee queen, like misery toadstool sort of, 
I'm thinking of her having 34,000 hp, summons killer grumbles, they should deal more damage and have more hp, like 320
Other than her that, her other mechanics should stay...
She should drop 10 - 14 royal jelly instead of 6 - 7
I've thought about another idea for the crown, but its too dumb to even add, but I'm gonna say my idea anyway,
How about the killer crown reverts positive sanity auras to negative ones if you're looking to stay insane instead of sane

Just some little ideas in mind

1 hour ago, ShadowQueen said:

I feel you should nerf some things to make them less overpowered

for the love of god please no, the devs are horrible at balancing and I'm glad they generally avoid nerfing stuff because they know it

Nerf the drops of spumonkeys and shadow ones, because it's an overpowered source of food, manure, nightmare fuel, etc... like you did with bunnymen, just use LICHEN FOR FOOD 

there's way better food sources lmfao, you can live off seeds and butterfly wings if you want but that doesn't make them op

How about enraged dfly having a 50% chance to calm down using the pan flute, and 50% not to calm down, or else the fight is too easy from my opinion

you can just, not use the pan flute if you want to fight her enraged

PLEASE KLEI YOU JUST HAVE TO READ THIS NEXT ONE
I REALLY WANT ENRAGED KLAUS TO DROP A GUARANTEED KRAMPUS SACK, OR ELSE THE FIGHT ITSELF IS WORTHLESS

this is one of those things that sound cool on paper but everybody would ignore if it were actually added

Ayo you should also nerf scale farming (DON'T HURT MY SHROOM SKIN FARMING)
Just, when you craft scaled flooring, it's an easy source for scales, and no one fights dfly for more scales, welp maybe some people

you're asking them to nerf a decorative item

I mean I understand the desire for a QoL update, I myself would like to see one; the only problem is that a lot of these are opinions. The problem with nerfing something is that it's subjective on who thinks something should change to begin with, and as a result, most final changes are buffs.

Truth is, most of us have our own definition of "balanced" with the same going for the devs; so who has the nerve to say their version of balanced is better? Perhaps the veterans for being the most dedicated. Perhaps the devs for their ownership and vision of their game. Or perhaps the newer players that want a fresh take on an old game. Overall it takes a lot of work to push out a QoL because of the arguments that go into what should and shouldn't be changed. From the way I see it, you can't please everyone, but you can certainly at least try to compromise.

2 hours ago, ShadowQueen said:

Here's another dumb one,

How about enraged dfly having a 50% chance to calm down using the pan flute, and 50% not to calm down, or else the fight is too easy from my opinion

You're right, it is dumb. So dumb that I hope this never becomes a thing ever so long as DST exists.

3 hours ago, ShadowQueen said:

I like the idea of Pearl's Pearl being located on the map, ever since day 400 on my longterm world on console, I have lost the pearl... and I really want some way to find it, and this is my idea

Not a bad idea really.

How about the celestial champion having sculptures for each phase, it's a stupid but fun idea

Also a good idea, considering it's the only boss with each phase having completely different sprite.

I feel you should nerf some things to make them less overpowered, I know, sounds stupid, but so many things are left too Op in this game
Nerf the drops of spumonkeys and shadow ones, because it's an overpowered source of food, manure, nightmare fuel, etc... like you did with bunnymen, just use LICHEN FOR FOOD 

Play Uncompromising mode.

I REALLY WANT ENRAGED KLAUS TO DROP A GUARANTEED KRAMPUS SACK, OR ELSE THE FIGHT ITSELF IS WORTHLESS

Cool idea, until you realize you can just bring normal Klaus to 1 hp in 2nd phase, kill one deer, and then kill Enraged Klaus for ez Sack. It's an overpowered item, there's a reason it's so damn rare to get it. So no.

Have you tried fighting Enraged Dragonfly lol.

Just, when you craft scaled flooring, it's an easy source for scales, and no one fights dfly for more scales, welp maybe some people

In that logic Klei should nerf shroom skin farming too. And people do farm Dragonfly for those sweet gems.

4 hours ago, ShadowQueen said:

I feel you should nerf some things to make them less overpowered, I know, sounds stupid, but so many things are left too Op in this game

The problem with your suggestion is that you are suggesting to nerf something extremely niche in purpose, from of a source that isn't transportable, can easily make s**t hit the fan if you accidently get too many of them, and if only really mass farmable with 4 characters. (Wendy with a nice slaughter demon, Woodie when he decides to become a car stopping monstrosity, Wormwood when he decides to actually glance at his exclusive crafting items, and Winona with her Carrypults). All other characters have to slowly kill them one by one, leading to results that could be sustainable, but not game breaking. Besides that, the balance of the game (item-wise), seems to be fairly balanced in that a large majority, if not all, of the items have a intended purpose and do well enough to be in the game and accommodate differing playstyles.

Also

-Any normal farm can bring the monkeys to shame food wise

-Any excess veggies or lightbulbs could be fed to a Werepig for far more manure then the monkeys could even imagine

-Nightmare fuel can easily be farmed if you have glass cutters and a nightmare amulet, even better if you are playing with Willow with Bernie, or with Maxwell who can make himself permeantly insane (temporarily) for the cost of 2 spears and a shovel.

So let me pull an example from another game, Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne. Near the end you have to fight a boss that forces you to play a game of "Follow my random rules else you die a swift death". You use a move that was banned, you die from the boss. The twist is the death move is one that actually consumes Mp from the boss, meaning if you can him lose it all, he won't be able to use it all. Besides making a debatably funny image: 

Spoiler

9yDuLUF_d.thumb.png.fa05a6570deb579334c069fdd58c2784.png

The method itself is actually impractable for a number of reasons, but the player can still do it. A player can still beat enraged Klaus, and thus while impractable, it remains an options because gives you a choice of whenever you want to fight with the deer or not. One choice being blatantly more easy then the other, but still. Plus, what's the issue of having a difficult boss that can only really be attempted with end game gear? I may not want to do it, but there can be a certain masochistic pleasure on conquering something just for the sake of conquering it. Sure, they could add a reward for the difficulty, but then it would devaule the factor of panic and fear of trying to fight something way beyond your normal power. I just like the idea of their being bosses that are still difficult even after you triumph over all the overs, and being a matter of if then why. I hope I explained that well enough.

Ah yes, RnGesus shall decide our fates. Doesn't matter how skilled or dedicated you are, we have to constantly remind everyone that everything was made out of complete random chance and that personal improvement through hard and vigorous training in squat compared to those sweet, sweet dice rolls. Sarcasm aside, this is a bad idea because you actively removing the only consistent method of removing it aside from water balloons, which are a massive pain to amass enough to even attempt a fight with them. You are just actively removing a counter to a mechanic that makes the fight extremely difficult as the way only method of protection is through the exact same boss you are fighting. I also understand how this might conflict with my previous statement, but what you are asking is to make the baseline experience harder instead of having a harder alternative. Being forced to deal with bs mechanics is different from personally going out of your way to fight the harder fight.

5 hours ago, ShadowQueen said:

Mean, regardless of what ever the following text may entail, this is just hypocritical as you think that the exact same "problem" for two different boss items would be treated differently because of one being harder to get.

5 hours ago, ShadowQueen said:

I mean, if that was all that the winged menace dropped, then you might have a point, but Dragonfly also drops gold and gems, resources that anybody could find as for, and more of. I also think that the scaled items only really work if you have a bunch of them, so having a method to trade green gems for those scales seems like a pretty fair trade off to me.

Overall, I feel that you just have a real bad idea of what is broken in this game or not. While you are entitled to your opinion, I feel that you are finding obtruse mechanics and trying to find ways to make them more of a pain to deal with with no rhyme or reason.

Also this belongs in Suggestions and Feedback.

Alright so there is a fair amount of disdain for OP's ideas, let's not get carried away.

I disagree with the Dragonfly idea, too. I think Dragonfly is perfect in the way that it's a challenge for new players, but you can make it a challenge as an experienced player, too (by not putting her enraged form to sleep). I think that right now we have a fair variety of easier and more complex bosses, so there is no need to rework those. Remember that beginners play this game, too - everything gets easy once you played a lot.

I sort of agree with Enraged Klaus though. Because defeating him is pure painful grind, having him as an alternative boss is a deterrent to killing the gem deer. If you want to give people a reason to want to fight him, then the boss should be reworked as well. Make him a big challenge, but not in a grindy way. And give him something more unique than the Krampus sack (although that's a neat idea, too).

I have no problem with the splumonkeys, they're secluded in such a remote area of the map that I hardly ever feel the need to farm them. That's just my playstyle though, maybe I'm missing out on something.

I don't necessarily want different sculptures for the champion (but why not, they make good decorations). What I do want is a magnificent ornament for the champion, but I'm sure we'll get that next Winter's Feast.

Pearl's pearl located on the map once you get it, sure, it's useful.

My ideas for a QoL update are not super unique, but they're worth repeating:

1. Spyglass for easier ocean exploration. PLEASE.

2. Glass walls for decorative purposes.

3. Okay this is something I don't see often, but the ability to start rains. I know you can kinda do it with the telelocator staff, but maybe something specifically for this purpose. I like using the morning star for boss fights, but it's a shame I have to wait for certain seasons to have enough rain to use it. Maybe it could be another late game item.

4. Schools of fish appearing more often. Whenever I try to complete my collection, or try to catch heavy fish for Pearl, I spend entire seasons just sailing and waiting around. I like a lot of the ocean content, but I wish this aspect was less of a grind.

Spoiler

Generally, things shouldn't be nerfed unless they're obscenely overpowered. The nerfs in RWYS didn't go over too incredibly well, and there's no pressing need to nerf things in a non-competitive game.

Pearl being on map would be nice, I guess.

Sculptures for each phase... eh? Two of them would just be orbs.

Why did you go to *splumonkeys* as an overpowered food source? They're in a secluded area of the map and only drop morsels. They don't need to be nerfed.

Enraged Klaus is meant to be a punishment for people who make mistakes, you aren't supposed to seek it out intentionally and the lack of any special items reinforces this. 

...Why make pan fluting Dragonfly up to rng? Either have it work or don't have it work. It's fine as it is anyways.

...Scale farming is fine...? Yet you don't want them to hurt shroom skin farming... both items are for QoL structures and should be left as is.

42 minutes ago, Hornete said:

That's the point, Enraged Klaus is a punishment for you killing his deer.

Even more so, a fair one. His magic attacks are the main challenge of the fight. You spend over half your time dodging and countering them. When you try to remove such vital part, game says "you don't like fun mechanics, eh? Have a fist then" and makes you kite for your life. 

I think it's genius. 

7 hours ago, ShadowQueen said:

It's not worthless. The point of the fight is that you aren't supposed to kill the deer. Instead of making the deer invulnerable, or making you instantly die if you kill the deer, it just makes the fight way harder. You aren't supposed to fight enraged Klaus. It's a bad thing for him to be enraged. It's a challenge run if you do it on purpose.

Btw the problem with enraged klaus dropping something special is quite obvious - you can just enrage him when he's at 5% health left, second form, and reap the same benefits as if you went through the trouble of his entire enraged health pool.

1 hour ago, Well-met said:

Btw the problem with enraged klaus dropping something special is quite obvious - you can just enrage him when he's at 5% health left, second form, and reap the same benefits as if you went through the trouble of his entire enraged health pool.

Maybe if his HP reset when he enters his enraged form... I don't know, I still see the merit in making enraged Klaus its own special boss fight with its own special reward. Make it super hard, just not in a grindy way.

1 hour ago, Well-met said:

That could be fixed easily enough by just having enraged klaus heal back up to a certain hp threshold.

Personally I think a krampus sack wouldn't cut it though, you'd either have to add something like a "klaus sack" with like 16-20 slots or something, or just add something useless but neat like a unique critter (baby deer maybe) or a cool looking walking cane or something. 

7 hours ago, Roodmas said:

Maybe if his HP reset when he enters his enraged form...

7 hours ago, Masked Koopa said:

That could be fixed easily enough by just having enraged klaus heal back up to a certain hp threshold.

I don't like the idea of potentially ruining somebody's fight completely just so that the 5 people who want to fight enraged Klaus and get a v-buck from it can do so. It's not very likely, but the deer can get killed on accident (such as with Wendy).

If enraged Klaus were to get something special, which I would just want it to be something more of a trophy than anything else like Toadstool's drops, maybe it could require enraging him above 95% health in phase 1 or something.

Archived