Ipsquiggle

Spaced Out! - Mine The Gap Update - 466411

SamLogan    1118

World regen is required for the new points-of-interest to show up. (This version)

Space POIs are now added to legacy saves that do not have them. (Patch before this one)

EDIT : ok it should be a mistake in the text because my old save get the new starmap content. :)

gravitas.thumb.png.1c1db8f57f8ea7d770c2e867e537efe9.png
Edited by SamLogan
  • Sanity 1

WeSaidMeh    42
1 minute ago, SamLogan said:

???

Other than that the patch looks cool. :)

My guess is:

• The new locations on the starmap will show up (the one you can mine with the drill).
  • Updated POIs on existing planetoids (for the artifacts) will not show up and require a new worldgen.

babba    1922
5 minutes ago, Hokaeru said:

Rad update, mine the gap, the pun level is getting crazy around here haha ! :D 

image.png.85941ac9c7702e959389530416769b95.pngimage.thumb.png.911129106760a3f678f56dc3f2c284b0.png ...Mhhhh, what comes next :confused::distracted::ghost::afro::p:encouragement:

• Haha 2

WeSaidMeh    42

Does it take a moment on Steam? Or is the Linux version late maybe? I also restarted Steam, but no update yet.

• GL Happy 1

SamLogan    1118
51 minutes ago, WeSaidMeh said:
  • Updated POIs on existing planetoids (for the artifacts) will not show up and require a new worldgen.

You obtain the artifacts for the new interests points with the new artifact module. :)

babba    1922
17 minutes ago, WeSaidMeh said:

Does it take a moment on Steam? Or is the Linux version late maybe? I also restarted Steam, but no update yet.

Wait a bit together with me :p

image.png.a58ac93ee4d9d66e877c2d9514319c6f.png

Edited by babba

Sergadra    15

1 hour ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Added sounds for second Spaced Out! main menu duplicant.

I wonder i never saw a main menue Duplicant except the one who tells when the new Update Drops? What is meant with it ^^

• Like 1

WeSaidMeh    42
1 minute ago, babba said:

Got it :encouragement:@WeSaidMeh

Me too, thanks for letting me know :)

Just now, JarrettM said:

This update is also now live on the public_testing beta in Steam.

Oh that's what it was - thanks!

• GL Happy 1

sakura_sk    1214
2 hours ago, SamLogan said:

ok it should be a mistake in the text because my old save get the new starmap content.

There is also new POI to each planetoid that contain artifacts. I think that is what needs new worldgen, any other starmap POI doesn't need generating a new map.

Edited by sakura_sk
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Foods in vacuum now use exclusively their internal temperature to decide if they are refrigerated or not.

Why Klei? Just why?? Stop messing with my food.:cry:

6 minutes ago, SamLogan said:

Because it was illogical and overpowered. There's no exchange in vacuum so the food can be deep freeze.

How is that overpowered? It's just food. I wouldn't call that overpowered. The food was fine before that. There was no reason to make the changes they made. I've got enough crap going on in my base without micromanaging my food. 

Edited by hypnotoad2016
  • Like 1

sakura_sk    1214
2 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Welcome to the Mine The Gap Update for Spaced Out!

Peculiar gap...? :distant:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.afc72524cfd0069481f44d70bcf1ee92.png

• Haha 4

SamLogan    1118
7 minutes ago, hypnotoad2016 said:

How is that overpowered? It's just food. I wouldn't call that overpowered. The food was fine before that. There was no reason to make the changes they made. I've got enough crap going on in my base without micromanaging my food. 

Just food? Like just Oxygen? The ressource you need to survive? Yes, it's a central ressource and yes, it was overpowered since the last patch where vacuum add the deep freeze bonus for free while a wired fridge was less efficient. Klei change the food conservation system with the last patch, they just forgot to check the vacuum.

And don't worry, you will have a 9% malus. Produce less food and don't over store it, and you will not have problem.

Check my analysis, you will understand :

Edited by SamLogan
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, SamLogan said:

Just food? Like just Oxygen? The ressource you need to survive? Yes, it's a central ressource and yes, it was overpowered since the last patch where vacuum add the deep freeze bonus for free while a wired fridge was less efficient. Klei change the food conservation system with the last patch, they just forgot to check the vacuum.

And don't worry, you will have a 9% malus. Produce less food and don't over store it, and you will not have problem.

I don't compare food to oxygen. For me food would only be overpowered if you didn't need dupes to harvest and care for the plants but my dupes are putting in the work to take care of them. So what if they harvest more food then needed. If players wanted to use the fridges they could choose to do so but now it feels like more of a forced gameplay. It would be okay if food still didn't rot in the fridges but putting it in the fridge doesn't automatically give it the deep freeze. I would rather see an actual freezer implemented into the game. Or have an option to compost the food not needed before having to wait for it to rot. I don't think that's an option is it? I'm not 100% sure. The change is just annoying for me. 

• Like 2