Spaced Out! - Mine The Gap Update - 466411

The gravitas spacejunk POIs do not show up on my star map. :(I generated the world maybe 10 days ago with the renewable space locations, but without the spacejunk and they are not added with this new patch. On older saves both the drill cone locations and the spacejunk show up.

Just wanted to see if this was just me.  I have a rocket with the drill cone.  It is full of diamond for the drill bits.  I fly to the asteroid but it never initiates drilling.  Is the drilling stored in the drill cone or do I have to have a solid/liquid/gas storage unit on the rocket to get it to work?

I like this expansion that has harvestable resources if you burn through whichever one and can't make more.

1 hour ago, ImDontknow said:

Just wanted to see if this was just me.  I have a rocket with the drill cone.  It is full of diamond for the drill bits.  I fly to the asteroid but it never initiates drilling.  Is the drilling stored in the drill cone or do I have to have a solid/liquid/gas storage unit on the rocket to get it to work?

I like this expansion that has harvestable resources if you burn through whichever one and can't make more.

You need the corresponding cargo modules to be able to harvest resources. Sometimes you don't need all of them (you only need a cargo bay for the forested ore field) but you usually need storage for all resources listed on the field.

• Like 1

This game and update is awesome. I have over 600 hours in the game. 
I love the DLC. But unfortunately I can never play over 700 cycles and  never reach all the new content. 
The game only runs with 6-12 FPS. I have a core i7 7700K and a 1080ti. 
I think this game is very CPU hungry because of all the gas calculations etc.
Are you thinking of optimizing something? It is a real shame to stop the game every time 
Edited by kmidt81
  • GL Happy 1

hi @kmidt81, I'm happy to welcome you on our forum :)

to be fair, some of the new content is there from cycle 1 if you start swampy start. nuclear reactor ofc is something totally different and to be honest - I never reached it myself yet. 

About the optimalization:

• clear your base and store all derbits in one place to reduce amount of sim calculations to this one tile only
  • don't build ladders as cheaper, temporal floors - they are terrible for pathfinding.
  • reduce area your critters can roam on - you can use liquid locks to maintain proper ranch size, but prevent critters from moving there
  • or simply kill all your critters
  • you can also check mods to find smaller maps. however, don't go crazy with modding as those can decrease your FPS
  • Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

I've been doing this for a while. Nothing brings anything. I could trace it back to the vacuum in space. I dug the entire room empty. If I fill it up with solid material in the debug module, it becomes much better. Is there a solution for this ? I don't want to do without rockets and solar;)

On 6/3/2021 at 11:58 AM, Ipsquiggle said:

Add CustomGameSetting to toggle Teleporters.

Would you consider this change to make this setting more accessible? I think the change I suggested here should have almost no impact on players that don't use this setting and makes this setting a lot more playable for those who would prefer to use it. I've started two separate playthroughs testing this setting and find this change to work the best.