[POLL] DST activities

Chill Sunday Poll  

86 members have voted

1. 1. What activities do you take part most of your time?

• Base builder
    • Architect (e.g. varg farm, bird farm. Big structures that are built outside of base).
    • Boss slayer
    • Ruins explorer (included archives)
    • Farmer (doesn't include tending to berries, stone fruit, grass, etc.)
    • Chef (goes out of their way to create different assortment of dishes)
    • Fisherman
    • Gatherer (doing tedious tasks: chopping, digging, mining, picking berries/twigs/grass)
    • Scout (enjoys exploring the whole map)
    • Sailor (includes Pearl quest)
    • Beefalo tamer
  2. 2. What activities do you take part the least or none of your time?

• Base builder
    • Architect (e.g. varg farm, bird farm. Structures that are built outside of base).
    • Boss slayer
    • Ruins explorer (included archives)
    • Farmer (doesn't include gathering berries, stone fruit, grass, etc.)
    • Chef (goes out of their way to create different assortment of dishes)
    • Fisherman
    • Gatherer (doing tedious tasks: chopping, digging, mining, pick berries/twigs/grass)
    • Scout (enjoys exploring the whole map)
    • Sailor (includes Pearl quest)
    • Beefalo tamer
    • None of the above
  3. 3. For activities you spend the least amount of time, what is the reason?

• It's just not my style.
    • Lack of content makes it unappealing.
    • Very tedious. Requires less time spending on menial tasks or more automation.
    • Time killer. It's just not worth spending your time.

I play mostly alone and as all characters, all of the above is my answer 

I just want to say that a base is a base... it doesn’t have to be the size of California- work goes into making a base look nice even if it’s the size of your broom closet.. 

Personally I like using the pinch winch to get those cool looking boulders that contain shell bells, I don’t break open the boulders... I use them while they are fully intact as cool looking base decor.

Spoiler

44BC1E7E-5166-4102-B704-7B735430B0CA.jpeg.18734d5f8eec54731cdfa661973d0bbb.jpeg

It's... Hard to tell. I do all of these things. Does exploring ruins once for entire season in my solo world count as little time spent? If this poll is for short term worlds it's also hard to tell, since it depends on the character I pick, whether it's public, etc etc... 

im awful at aesthetic and pretty base layout so if i play with friends i leave all base-related stuff up to them

if im playing solo, i dont even makes chests i just drop everything on the ground

but what i lack in making things pretty, i make up for being...... really fast (i play wx and wormwood quite a bit)

2 minutes ago, SkyistheGround said:

im awful at aesthetic and pretty base layout so if i play with friends i leave all base-related stuff up to them

if im playing solo, i dont even makes chests i just drop everything on the ground

but what i lack in making things pretty, i make up for being...... really fast (i play wx and wormwood quite a bit)

I find long term bases that have “decoration” hideous! I like practical and minimalistic, bonus points if it’s tidy.

Archived