Klaus is a bad multiplayer boss

Klaus is one of the best fights in the game. His fight is dynamic, challenging (but not too challenging) and fun. However, this only applies if you're fighting him one-on-one. I've fought Klaus with a friend several times, and it goes horribly wrong almost every single time. Since he spawns more ice/fire circles, that makes avoiding them much more challenging. Being a multiplayer boss, it would make much more sense if you were rewarded rather than punished for fighting him with multiple people. Perhaps the drops could scale up with more people, or you could just modify his attacks.

6 minutes ago, Blue Moth said:

Klaus is one of the best fights in the game. His fight is dynamic, challenging (but not too challenging) and fun. However, this only applies if you're fighting him one-on-one. I've fought Klaus with a friend several times, and it goes horribly wrong almost every single time. Since he spawns more ice/fire circles, that makes avoiding them much more challenging. Being a multiplayer boss, it would make much more sense if you were rewarded rather than punished for fighting him with multiple people. Perhaps the drops could scale up with more people, or you could just modify his attacks.

the best way to kill him is 1 or 2 players, but when you fight bosses with so much players the battle is easy maybe that is the reason to make a lot of ice/fire circles without that, the fight will be easy and boring,

The situation you mentioned can also happen during a fight with Toadstool. But if 6 people attack Klaus, it can only release the flame 3 times and it will die. The problem is not the number of people, but the way the players collaborate with each other.

2 minutes ago, Gods fiddler said:

the best way to kill him is 1 or 2 players, but when you fight bosses with so much players the battle is easy maybe that is the reason to make a lot of ice/fire circles without that, the fight will be easy and boring,

when i said "i've fought klaus with a friend" i meant just one friend. and it still goes horribly wrong when we can both kill klaus solo with no problem.

2 hours ago, Blue Moth said:

when i said "i've fought klaus with a friend" i meant just one friend. and it still goes horribly wrong when we can both kill klaus solo with no problem.

difficulty is part of the game only try to have the same timing with your friend to avoid attacks, take that difficult part like a challenge

With two players I recommend one having the lead and basically just fight as if they are alone, and the other player trying to follow up on the attack pattern. Kind of like dancing. This way both have a clear role and don’t make the fight chaotic. Also it helps if you‘ve gathered two walking canes so the circles don’t become too difficult to avoid.

Klaus is the best multiplayer boss imo. The only boss that scales up the more people fight, and does it in an engaging way not but just having more hp or such.

It can be messy if there are a lot of peeps, but then it's just fun times.

i wish there would be more bosse that more or less scale depending on player like he spawns in more magic and krampus the more players there are wish bee queen had something simmilar whit her bee spamming or fuel weaver healing things and those shadow shild things

2 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

i wish there would be more bosse that more or less scale depending on player like he spawns in more magic and krampus the more players there are wish bee queen had something simmilar whit her bee spamming or fuel weaver healing things and those shadow shild things

bee queen could have the option of slower summoning/ less amount of bees, dragonfly less lavae, etc

is fair and fun. You already have a lot of power fighting them with more people so there is no problem of klaus doing more spells

2 hours ago, kuroite said:

I always fought Klaus alone and when i tried it as 2 for the first time, it was kind of messy. Then my teammate just said "One in front, one behind", fight was smooth as if i was alone.

you mean one of you attacked him in the back? that seems like a very good rule of thumb, since it will decrease the likeliness of both players needing to dodge a circle.

15 minutes ago, clickrush said:

you mean one of you attacked him in the back? that seems like a very good rule of thumb, since it will decrease the likeliness of both players needing to dodge a circle.

it increase a lot the dps since klaus has not aoe damage so one player can simply press F until an spell is casted

Echoing Cheggf and Hornete here. It is the best designed raid boss for all the same reasons your opening post mentioned. The game needs combat to move away from being a deteministic numbers game, and the chaos of a group Klaus fight is something I revel in.

Fact that the rewards are grab-bag style of random on top of a decent shot at a Krampus Sack keeps it exciting and rewarding several game years in too.

Not a fan of the scaling minions, but the AoE circles aren't too bad if everyone picks a direction. Unless you're fighting with an ungodly amount of people. It can escalate quite quickly. 

While I agree with everyone saying that it's good that the boss scales its difficulty with how many players are fighting it, I think the problem is that the boss is easier to fight solo, which I think was the original point being made. Not only can players hinder others by the elemental circle attacks, but I don't think I've ever been able to have more than 2 players be able to attack Klaus at once without a player having to tank the deers' attacks due to how close they stick to Klaus, so dealing with the extra elemental attacks doesn't seem worth it.
That being said, I can't really think of a better way to scale the difficulty with the amount of players (and the chaos can be pretty fun), so I wouldn't say the feature should be removed.

14 hours ago, Hungryeviltoast said:

While I agree with everyone saying that it's good that the boss scales its difficulty with how many players are fighting it, I think the problem is that the boss is easier to fight solo, which I think was the original point being made. Not only can players hinder others by the elemental circle attacks, but I don't think I've ever been able to have more than 2 players be able to attack Klaus at once without a player having to tank the deers' attacks due to how close they stick to Klaus, so dealing with the extra elemental attacks doesn't seem worth it.
That being said, I can't really think of a better way to scale the difficulty with the amount of players (and the chaos can be pretty fun), so I wouldn't say the feature should be removed.

it's perfect already

Archived