[Spaced Out! Update] - 460438

So if they can do 4 tiles they can do a one way trip to all but the moo planetoid, I do think it would make more sense to get rid of the teleporters so you have to rocket to the closest planetoid.  I could see them moving one of the planetoids closer if they are dead set on keeping the teleporter. I'm more in favor of getting rid of it personally.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Swoop5994 said:

well why not just ignore them or destroy them i mean if they remove it for everyone it's a bit stupid when the players who wanted them to be removed just had to not use them 

Because in this map set up they are unnecessary and essentially make tier 1 rockets pointless. There are a ton of changes here you aren't arguing that choice was taken away from the players because the devs made that decision to change things. The Devs will decide whatever they want. We are simply explaining why we think they are pointless given the current map configuration and game design. 

Your also ignoring the fact that I was giving an alternative for if they chose to keep them and this is all only related to the classic start.

13 minutes ago, crbd115 said:

The Devs will decide whatever they want. We are simply explaining why we think they are pointless given the current map configuration and game design. 

I was arguing in multiple posts how pointless cargo modules are and how they shouldn't even exist because their capacity is too miniscule. The result? Their capacity raised x10 (I'm sure it was not because of me but.. I have no argument anymore :D)

Maybe something similar will come for teleporters..? Connecting more or different than the same two planetoids. You can transport water to the oil planet but the return supply goes to a different planet or the teleporter sends you to a different planetoid every time (yes, more teleporters)

1 hour ago, silentdeth said:

That just sets the navigation, it does not force the rocket to land.

Sorry about that... I thought it forced landing at some point :???: but maybe not anymore...?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

I was arguing in multiple posts how pointless cargo modules are and how they shouldn't even exist because their capacity is too miniscule. The result? Their capacity raised x10 (I'm sure it was not because of me but.. I have no argument anymore :D)

Yes but also multiple people pointed out that the basic storage is 20t and a giant rocket storage was way less 

3 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

Maybe something similar will come for teleporters..? Connecting more or different than the same two planetoids. You can transport water to the oil planet but the return supply goes to a different planet or the teleporter sends you to a different planetoid every time (yes, more teleporters)

I mean teleporters make some sense in the smaller planetoids of spaced out at least. In the Classic start where you have everything needed on the one giant map, with one planetoid in round trip distance of a tier 1 rocket it makes less sense. It already has oil and uranium.

4 minutes ago, Swoop5994 said:

it's not because you don't use them and don't find them useful that no one does, if you don't like something instead of  getting  it removed why don't you just don't use it.

the devs are not removing spaced out features from the game with their updates. They are adding more and more ways of playing the game i don't see why i would argue with the changes they made.

I don't think anyone would want a bland linear game where everybody play the same way  or  the  game to be built only on  personal taste of a few persons.
removing some things in a game  because of a personal opinion is quite a weird way to think of a game community

See the problem with this is I laid out a situation for if they keep it or if they don't keep it. I simply said my personal preference was to the latter. I'm not getting it removed. I'm not "arguing" with the changes made and they have specifically asked for feedback related to the game and the changes they are making. If you don't want people to suggest feedback on a public discussion forum then I don't know what to tell you. If you want to take my feedback as an attempt to make the game bland and linear you clearly are just throwing around accusations without actually thinking about them. You are acting as if I am somehow removing them based on my opinion. I am doing nothing more then making a suggestion based on the current state and design of the game as it stands right now. You clearly need to calm down. 

2 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

sandbox -> spawner -> comets

Aw man I hope they add some fun sound effects to this, Just spawned an array to see what would happen, I like the natural gas trail instead of the co2 trail of a normal meteor :D

• Like 3

Once again, it feels like all life on MooMoonlet should happen on the surface, not deep inside the asteroid. Grass needs light to thrive and moo-moos crash on the surface, the mooteors don't drill deep into the asteroid...

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, pether said:

Once again, it feels like all life on MooMoonlet should happen on the surface, not deep inside the asteroid. Grass needs light to thrive and moo-moos crash on the surface, the mooteors don't drill deep into the asteroid...

I think the original concept was floating islands and not an asteroid. Wouldn't it make more sense if the map was horizontal for this particular moonlet though? I mean.. more surface for gas grass to grow naturally.

• Like 3
  • Big Ups 1

1 minute ago, sakura_sk said:

I think the original concept was floating islands and not an asteroid. Wouldn't it make more sense if the map was horizontal for this particular moonlet though? I mean.. more surface for gas grass to grow naturally.

yea i think a wider map with gassy moos and gass grass on the surface, with a layer of liquid chlorine pools, below, then a layer of frozen gases. A couple of vents/geysers for chlorine might be nice.

• Like 2

classic start gets a ton of geysers/volcanoes.  makes me want to try it.  but one thing, the oil biome sucks.  before this update we got the 5 on the oily asteroid and 1/2 on the starting asteroid.  now we get 1 or 2 oil reservoirs

also, the starting asteroid gets regolith in the crust but a layer of abyssalite above that, seems unneeded for abyssalite above the crust,  i haven't tried it for long so idk if there are meteors but i truly hope there is for the voles + a regolith melter to make a come back

i still think gassy moos are subpar as we aren't guaranteed a chlorine vent and the gassy moos just don't do enough for me, power is plenty in the game already and solar panels are so much easier

1 minute ago, zach123b said:

but one thing, the oil biome sucks.  before this update we got the 5 on the oily asteroid and 1/2 on the starting asteroid.  now we get 1 or 2 oil reservoirs

Yeah I noticed on the test map I made it only had 1. I hope they increase it to 2 or 3 minimum. 

3 hours ago, crbd115 said:

Yeah I noticed on the test map I made it only had 1. I hope they increase it to 2 or 3 minimum. 

the only plus to the classic terra start is the insane geyser/volcano count you get.  i had 12 covered + 5 uncovered on the main one then 7 covered and 3 uncovered on the second asteroid/moonlet.  the inner 2 asteroids getting 27 geysers/volcanoes (not counting open co2) is a lot compared to the 17 we get (again no open co2) on the swamp/forest starts.  i wouldn't mind losing a couple oil wells for 10 more geysers or volcanoes

the classic start got 2 csv, 2 natural gas, and 1 salt water geyser then the second asteroid had 1 csv, 1 salty slush, and 1 polluted slush.  plenty of water before uncovering any others.  although, the 2 gold/aluminum volcanoes aren't guaranteed now sadly

edit:  so forest start gets a covered geyser but swamp doesn't get it after today's update?  i do dislike the larger mud biome on swamp, just so much to clean

edit2: the abyssalite layer can be granite instead if the starting biome touches it

image.thumb.png.cbedd58af1ac272313296ddd2cc29527.png

Edited by zach123b

6 hours ago, crbd115 said:

Are they able to do round trip though? Not sure on exact range of the early game rockets.

At least for the CO2 engines, setting up a quick CO2 pump on the destination planet isn't that difficult. Sucrose engines sounds like they'd be a pain to refuel outside of your home world. I've yet to build one.

11 hours ago, crbd115 said:

I'm glad the biome won't be empty anymore. Went to check it out and found this though. I don't remember seeing this added. Does anyone know if this is new or not? I haven't started a new swamp start in a while.image.thumb.png.0ea8333fbbe6885d6942fd9a16914ce2.png

I got exactly the same vent and patern in my new colony, first time i see but i only made three colony since space out come

11 hours ago, silentdeth said:

Still can't land an out-of-fuel rocket from orbit :( Poor Burt.

No fuel no coming back

20 minutes ago, stgo said:

see attached files

Judging from the screenshot, I think there is a filter now (it doesn't seem you set up any). Unless you set up the filter it thinks you don't need anything. When the filter is set it triggers the correct orange and unchecked "cargo complete" warning if there is not enough loaded in cargo.

13 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

Sorry about that... I thought it forced landing at some point :???: but maybe not anymore...?

Yeah, the increase from 600kg to 6 tons cargo for the cargo module is much better now. :encouragement:

Perhaps it should be 10 tons, instead of 6 tons for the cargo module ?

Current I load up 2x6 tons with two rocket cargo modules and then I use 1 or 2 x 20tons storage bins inside a rocket...Which takes a lot of time using the bins inside the rocket, as its a lot of dupe in/out rocket crawling time and hopping around.

Edited by babba

All good changes. I don't think big terra is my style, but good to see it's getting some attention and balance. I'm wondering if the swamp and ice asteroids will get removed from classic style cluster as well? I think they only have basic non-space resources on them. That would just leave the gassy planet, resin jungle, magma and water planets (base game space exclusive materials).

The rocket loading rework is greatly appreciated! It's worth it 100%

I don't know if it's possible but filtering multiple element limits in an individual module would help a lot too. So, eg, 10t of water, 10t of petroleum in the same module. That way you could load up both without water taking up the whole tank and not leaving room for the other liquid. Of course this might just be a fun challenge for players to solve themselves too, it should be much more obtainable with the basic tools we have now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

Judging from the screenshot, I think there is a filter now (it doesn't seem you set up any). Unless you set up the filter it thinks you don't need anything. When the filter is set it triggers the correct orange and unchecked "cargo complete" warning if there is not enough loaded in cargo.

great !!! It was the filter on the rocket that was not set right !

7 hours ago, babba said:

Yeah, the increase from 600kg to 6 tons cargo for the cargo module is much better now. :encouragement:

Perhaps it should be 10 tons, instead of 6 tons for the cargo module ?

Current I load up 2x6 tons with two rocket cargo modules and then I use 1 or 2 x 20tons storage bins inside a rocket...Which takes a lot of time using the bins inside the rocket, as its a lot of dupe in/out rocket crawling time and hopping around.

You might want to try using Cargo Bays. What you're using right now is orbital cargo modules, which are supposed to be used to deliver resources to new planets.

The small cargo bay is 3 tiles tall and stores 12t. The large cargo bay is 5 tiles tall and stores 27t. You just need to make a solid cargo port loader to fill them, so you need a dupe with Mechatronics Engineering. You make the solid cargo port loader on the planet you're taking the ice from and maybe a conveyor loader + autosweeper and a few storage bins to deliver the ice to. Then you can either use a solid cargo port unloader to automatically deliver the resources where they need to go, or use the "empty storage" button on the cargo bay to drop the ice on the ground and make your dupes take it where it needs to go.

It's more complicated, but I think you might like the extra storage space, since you can get way more storage (4 tiles for 12t -> 5 tiles for 27t) if you replace your 2 orbital cargo modules with a large cargo bay or save some rocket space (4 tiles for 12t -> 3 tiles for 12t) if you use a small one.

Edited by Electroely
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"Storage filter side screens now unfold categories with selected elements when the building is selected"

Oni_menu.thumb.png.7ecb0d00ccc33bd558bd99a9f8daef1a.png

As someone who has lamented collapsing every category in the resource list every time I load a game since the DLC went into EA, this change has me flummoxed. I had thought of just putting a "collapse all" button on the resource list but the thought of clicking collapse all on every bin, fridge, etc every time I open it makes me shake and cry.

Please consider reversing this change or making it a selectable option that also applies to the resource list.

Edited by UnderwearApp
  • Like 1