[Spaced Out! Update] - 460438

• Developer

Hello friends!

Today's patch is pretty significant, containing a big update of the Rocket Ports and Cargo Bays as well as some significant iteration on the classic Terra cluster. Updated animations and a bunch of crash fixes round out the patch. Thanks for all the feedback, discussion, and bug reports this week, and have a great weekend!

Features

• Rocket Ports have been split into two buildings each, one for loading and one for unloading for each of solid/liquid/gas conduit types. Any existing rocket ports in your saves will become "Loaders" and new "Unloaders" will have to be added!
  • Add most of the sounds for Research Reactor.
  • Add sounds for Nuclear Waste comet travelling and exploding.
  • Mix work on Research Reactor meltdown.
  • Added codex lore entries relating to Teleporter Transmitter and Receiver

Worldgen Changes

• Changes to the classic style Terra Cluster
    • Added Wasteland biome to the Terra moonlet.
    • Added Uranium source to the Terra moonlet.
    • Added voles & regolith back to the surface of the Terra moonlet.
    • Shrunk the Terra moonlet by approximately 10%.
    • Combined the two closest moonlets into a single larger world.
    • Fixed bug preventing random geysers from spawning in this cluster.

• Changes to other clusters
    • The starting biomes of the Spaced Out! style Terra and swamp clusters now expand out into the first ring on each moonlet, effectively increasing their size.
    • Moved the Dreckos from the Radioactive moonlet to the Swamp moonlet in the Spaced Out! style Swamp Cluster.

Other Changes

• Major overhaul of the internals of Rocket Ports. They now work much more reliably, start and stop correctly, and correctly update the rocket's checklist correctly.
  • Now the Launch Pad Automation Input "takes over" launch control, either triggering launch or cancelling it based on the signal, so it can be reliably used to start and stop launches.
  • Added Element Filters to both Cargo Bays and Rocket Ports. Ports will load only materials requested by Cargo Bays onto rockets, and will only unload materials requested by Rocket Ports.
  • Added a mass slider to all Cargo Bays
  • Adjusted internal storages of the Rocket Ports to match the capacity of the plumbing.
  • Reduced power consumption of the Rocket Ports.
  • Storage filter side screens now unfold categories with selected elements when the building is selected.
  • Updated Gassy Mooteor animation
  • Added strings for Cobalt Volcano.
  • Updated Rust and Sandstone biome descriptions.
  • Updated Solar Panel Module strings
  • Minor updates to Research Reactor animation
  • Updated Gassy Mooteor flight path and removed Genetic Ooze impact ore shrapnel
  • Changes to Lead Suit Dock animation
  • Adjustments to dynamic music playback when a Research Reactor meltdown occurs.
  • Updated Duplicant Errand name for Duplicants getting into their assigned rocket.

Fixes

• Fix rockets emitting heat and gas in stacked worlds
  • Fix crash that could happen if two Spacefarer modules were built at the same time.
  • Fixed incorrect UI art for Terra starting asteroid
  • Fixed crash that could occur when a Solar Panel Module was exposed to light on the surface
  • Fix crash that would happen once the 246th Spacefarer module built in a save.
  • Fixed crash when deconstructing Spacefarer modules with buildings on the edges of the screen (outside the rocket walls)
  • Change to prevent building on the top two rows of a world similar to the base game.
  • Fixed minor animation layout issue on cluster category selection screen.
  • Meltdown stinger plays every time a Research Reactor meltdown is occurring, whether it's a new meltdown or loading a game with an active meltdown
  • Orbital Cargo Module's mass slider correctly updates the launch checklist.
  • Manually loaded and plumbing loaded cargoes now have separate entries on the launch checklist
  • Fixed issue causing rockets to sometimes operate at reduced speed
  • Fixed issue causing rockets not to display status travel time estimate status item during flight
  • Fixed issue allowing rocket Cargo Transfer Complete checklist item to briefly show incorrect status

View full update

• Like 10
  • Thanks 6
  • Ninja 1
  • Big Ups 3
  • GL Happy 1

10 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Worldgen Changes

• The starting biomes of the Spaced Out! style Terra and swamp clusters now expand out into the first ring on each moonlet, effectively increasing their size.
    • Moved the Dreckos from the Radioactive moonlet to the Swamp moonlet in the Spaced Out! style Swamp Cluster.

So bad, i just restart a colony, maybe i need to restart one to have the new world gen (only a hundred cycle.... if was thinking the last update was the big one i waiting for to restart but i was wrong.

Did this one is the good one?

9 minutes ago, Flydo said:

So bad, i just restart a colony, maybe i need to restart one to have the new world gen (only a hundred cycle.... if was thinking the last update was the big one i waiting for to restart but i was wrong.

Did this one is the good one?

Its early access, besides you are playing in experimental so world gen changes are going to be an unavoidable problem. I suggest you not to start a new playthrough till the Terra start goes into Early Access and not to have long term expectation even than. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Hello friends!

Today's patch is pretty significant, containing a big update of the Rocket Ports and Cargo Bays as well as some significant iteration on the classic Terra cluster. Updated animations and a bunch of crash fixes round out the patch. Thanks for all the feedback, discussion, and bug reports this week, and have a great weekend!

Features

• Rocket Ports have been split into two buildings each, one for loading and one for unloading for each of solid/liquid/gas conduit types. Any existing rocket ports in your saves will become "Loaders" and new "Unloaders" will have to be added!
  • Add most of the sounds for Research Reactor.
  • Add sounds for Nuclear Waste comet travelling and exploding.
  • Mix work on Research Reactor meltdown.
  • Added codex lore entries relating to Teleporter Transmitter and Receiver

Worldgen Changes

Other Changes

• Major overhaul of the internals of Rocket Ports. They now work much more reliably, start and stop correctly, and correctly update the rocket's checklist correctly.
  • Now the Launch Pad Automation Input "takes over" launch control, either triggering launch or cancelling it based on the signal, so it can be reliably used to start and stop launches.
  • Added Element Filters to both Cargo Bays and Rocket Ports. Ports will load only materials requested by Cargo Bays onto rockets, and will only unload materials requested by Rocket Ports.
  • Added a mass slider to all Cargo Bays
  • Adjusted internal storages of the Rocket Ports to match the capacity of the plumbing.
  • Reduced power consumption of the Rocket Ports.
  • Storage filter side screens now unfold categories with selected elements when the building is selected.
  • Updated Gassy Mooteor animation
  • Added strings for Cobalt Volcano.
  • Updated Rust and Sandstone biome descriptions.
  • Updated Solar Panel Module strings
  • Minor updates to Research Reactor animation
  • Updated Gassy Mooteor flight path and removed Genetic Ooze impact ore shrapnel
  • Changes to Lead Suit Dock animation
  • Adjustments to dynamic music playback when a Research Reactor meltdown occurs.
  • Updated Duplicant Errand name for Duplicants getting into their assigned rocket.

Fixes

• Fix rockets emitting heat and gas in stacked worlds
  • Fix crash that could happen if two Spacefarer modules were built at the same time.
  • Fixed incorrect UI art for Terra starting asteroid
  • Fixed crash that could occur when a Solar Panel Module was exposed to light on the surface
  • Fix crash that would happen once the 246th Spacefarer module built in a save.
  • Fixed crash when deconstructing Spacefarer modules with buildings on the edges of the screen (outside the rocket walls)
  • Change to prevent building on the top two rows of a world similar to the base game.
  • Fixed minor animation layout issue on cluster category selection screen.
  • Meltdown stinger plays every time a Research Reactor meltdown is occurring, whether it's a new meltdown or loading a game with an active meltdown
  • Orbital Cargo Module's mass slider correctly updates the launch checklist.
  • Manually loaded and plumbing loaded cargoes now have separate entries on the launch checklist
  • Fixed issue causing rockets to sometimes operate at reduced speed
  • Fixed issue causing rockets not to display status travel time estimate status item during flight
  • Fixed issue allowing rocket Cargo Transfer Complete checklist item to briefly show incorrect status

View full update

World gen bug :

bugmap2.thumb.png.cdeaf2aa37d6f5fd9dd9d206d27cd970.png

bugmap1.thumb.png.75598975ead26684ca2e9064287be95a.png

It's on "Spaced Out!" mode.

Tried with Terra & Swamp cluster. You can view this on the second cluster of the starmap.

Edited by SamLogan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad Dupe 1

yeah i know, i m in early access since the really start of this game so i restart a lot of colony. but radiation update quite kill my old one (no protection of cosmic radiation in my different asteroid) so i need to restart. I remenber that Klei say to wait if we need to restart one cause of some future update but some QOL will begun soon and it will be the good moment.

I think i just don't count the right number of udpdate^^

Don't worry for me, i'm use to restart new colony since the beginning, i restart one for each update that require it to see the new stuff. Few week will be enough. Just looking for the good time to do it

7 minutes ago, Magheat2009 said:

Its early access, besides you are playing in experimental so world gen changes are going to be an unavoidable problem. I suggest you not to start a new playthrough till the Terra start goes into Early Access and not to have long term expectation even than. 

6 minutes ago, SamLogan said:

World gen bug :

bugmap2.thumb.png.cdeaf2aa37d6f5fd9dd9d206d27cd970.png

bugmap1.thumb.png.75598975ead26684ca2e9064287be95a.png

It's on "Spaced Out!" mode.

Tried with Terra & Swamp cluster. You can view this on the second cluster of the starmap.

Ok so no reestart for now ^^, i have my answer, so i could continue my new colony:lol:

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Moved the Dreckos from the Radioactive moonlet to the Swamp moonlet in the Spaced Out! style Swamp Cluster.

I'm glad the biome won't be empty anymore. Went to check it out and found this though. I don't remember seeing this added. Does anyone know if this is new or not? I haven't started a new swamp start in a while.image.thumb.png.0ea8333fbbe6885d6942fd9a16914ce2.png

1 minute ago, crbd115 said:

I'm glad the biome won't be empty anymore. Went to check it out and found this though. I don't remember seeing this added. Does anyone know if this is new or not? I haven't started a new swamp start in a while.image.thumb.png.0ea8333fbbe6885d6942fd9a16914ce2.png

I believe that's a hydrogen vent? Haven't played in a while though.

Just now, Nascarlaser1 said:

I believe that's a hydrogen vent? Haven't played in a while though.

lol i know its a hydrogen vent I mean as a POI that spawns now. I don't remember there being one for the hydrogen vent.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Flydo said:

Ok so no reestart for now ^^, i have my answer, so i could continue my new colony:lol:

Yes, that's why I've quickly posted this info here to prevent players do a new game with a world gen bug. :)

I'm doing a report in the bug report forum also.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Rocket Ports have been split into two buildings each, one for loading and one for unloading for each of solid/liquid/gas conduit types. Any existing rocket ports in your saves will become "Loaders" and new "Unloaders" will have to be added!

This is a great change!

• Like 4
  • GL Happy 1

I like the direction the world-gen is going! If this will eventually be some larger planetoid and some small ones with special resources, I think this will be a very good state. Of course, I have absolutely no issue with other configurations being available as well.

• Like 3
  • Big Ups 1

4 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

I like the direction the world-gen is going! If this will eventually be some larger planetoid and some small ones with special resources, I think this will be a very good state. Of course, I have absolutely no issue with other configurations being available as well.

I think that's the way it is already with this update. I was looking at the world gen and this is the current star map of classic terra.image.thumb.png.0905e8c76a87fa62f5b82b647dd5b347.png
The closest asteroid is renewable metal and renewable uranium, Then you have one for isoresin, one for niobium, gassy moos, and etc.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RageLeague said:

I don't know. If the teleporters are still there, this would pretty much render low-tier rockets useless except for research purposes.

Yeah they are still there. I do agree, but I assume this isn't the last change so I'm waiting.

• Like 1