[Spaced Out! Update] - 459378

15 hours ago, goboking said:

But I still want a large starting asteroid because Spaced Out's smaller starting asteroid and new indestructible POIs don't leave me room to build the kinds of colonies I want to build

As always, indestructible POI is a source of all evil...

KLEI, please, let us remove them and we will have worldwide utopian golden age of peace and prosperity

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Guest aresd
On 4/12/2021 at 4:48 PM, babba said:

Advanced tech & advanced materials, fancy items, challenges, surprises and maximum-resource-gathering would be accessible via space exploration and by establishing other asteroids.

The most annoying part of this DLC that needs to be destroyed. No waste of resources and energy, no waste of time, no requirements for technology and skill. Just teleport resources from one asteroid to another. Why break the game concept so crudely? It looks so ridiculous that it's unpleasant to play. Every time I want to play new content and every time I start it, I see it and turn the game back off. If you want to perform some tasks in the background in order to save computer resources, do it like the reverse side of the asteroid, which can only be reached by breaking through a part of the lateral border, reaching the necessary technologies or building some kind of special structure. Then the need to teleport units will disappear and the need for an unnecessary asteroid to appear in space, which hovers in the sky, but does not need to fly to it, will disappear. Then the storyline of the game will not be broken by incredible technologies that do not require resources.

Hey @aresd :-P Hope you are well. If you like, have a look at the new Terra dlc classic map...I find its really fun to play now :beguiled:

The last thing I`m really missing is that Regolith rains down from the sky - I guess Klei is still figuring out how to not make it too hard for players to launch rockets. I would find it great if they rain down Radioactive Regolith. Hopefully Klei will someday give players the option to switch off the teleporter spawns.

Seed resource lottery

image.thumb.png.93c8d3b28aaeb261899740f9209621b1.pngimage.png.b90bb268bc25661af062144de5bdd1cb.png

image.png.6adf5cf020601c134540adca37500d9a.pngimage.png.33ee07bd5618f9abc87aeed7020cfcb5.png

Edited by babba

Guest aresd
9 minutes ago, babba said:

Hey @aresd :-P Hope you are well. If you like, have a look at the new Terra dlc classic map...I find its really fun to play now :beguiled:

The last thing I`m really missing is that Regolith rains down from the sky.

Seed resource lottery

All is well, I have found solace in Don't Starve Together since the early access of DLC for Oxygen Not Included. I just rarely go to read the next patch note for to get even more disappointment and even more hatred from players for my subjective comments.

Yes, the world seed you found is interesting, but I can't play the one where the resource teleport is present. It's as painful to me as a broken storyline to Marvell fans.

1 hour ago, aresd said:

The most annoying part of this DLC that needs to be destroyed. No waste of resources and energy, no waste of time, no requirements for technology and skill. Just teleport resources from one asteroid to another. Why break the game concept so crudely?

Yea this has bothered me since day one. People have said it is there to help get the player used to multi-colony playstyle but I personally prefer @babba's suggestion having a broken down rocket that the player can find if the devs think some players need a push. Matter teleportation seems more of an ultra late game tech that allows players with giant surpluses with things like sour gas boilers as an outlet to all that power they can produce.
I like what they are doing design wise with the new classic start. Having radioactive material be available on the first asteroid but the renewable sources are on a secondary planetoid. The only issue is since its the only close asteroid early tier rockets feel somewhat pointless because of the teleporter but I'm sure they will do something about this before this version releases.

• Like 3
  • Big Ups 1

Super agree. Transporters are neat but make them fully end-game. Same for teleporters. Let them be buildable past the first set for nutty amounts of resources if you are that into a base and want to min max for huge throughput.

A co2 rocket with only one destination and all needed modules would be neat. As a bonus it would let newbies figure the space game out before having to diy..

• Like 1

17 hours ago, aresd said:

The most annoying part of this DLC that needs to be destroyed. No waste of resources and energy, no waste of time, no requirements for technology and skill. Just teleport resources from one asteroid to another. Why break the game concept so crudely? It looks so ridiculous that it's unpleasant to play. Every time I want to play new content and every time I start it, I see it and turn the game back off. If you want to perform some tasks in the background in order to save computer resources, do it like the reverse side of the asteroid, which can only be reached by breaking through a part of the lateral border, reaching the necessary technologies or building some kind of special structure. Then the need to teleport units will disappear and the need for an unnecessary asteroid to appear in space, which hovers in the sky, but does not need to fly to it, will disappear. Then the storyline of the game will not be broken by incredible technologies that do not require resources.

Drama-Queen much? Seriously, this is so over the top and all out of proportion that I see a massive problem on your side, caused by some small issues in the DLC. Also, have you completely missed that "needs to be destroyed" affects _all_ player and there are plenty that do not see this the same as you do? Come down back to reality, you are harming yourself here for no good reason.

Edited by Gurgel
  • Like 2

Guest aresd
2 hours ago, Gurgel said:

Drama-Queen much? Seriously, this is so over the top and all out of proportion that I see a massive problem on your side, caused by some small issues in the DLC. Also, have you completely missed that "needs to be destroyed" affects _all_ player and there are plenty that do not see this the same as you do? Come down back to reality, you are harming yourself here for no good reason.

Do you have an insult subscription?

29 minutes ago, babba said:

Everyone talk about the game, bashing each others heads in leads to nothing. Don`t kill the messenger, I`m ducking down :rolleyes:

Sure. I like the dupe and resource teleporters. They are a neat idea that enriches the game and adds an additional mechanism for two asteroids to be tighter coupled than the others. I have yet to see any convincing arguments against them and my experience would be poorer without them. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

Sure. I like the dupe and resource teleporters. They are a neat idea that enriches the game and adds an additional mechanism for two asteroids to be tighter coupled than the others. I have yet to see any convincing arguments against them and my experience would be poorer without them. 

If we could have the option to deactivate the teleporter spawns in the world generation settings, then Klei could cater for everyone :-P I`m undecided, sometimes I like the teleporters, sometimes not. I do understand players which want to have the gameplay exactly like in vanilla. That is what I find good with options, they can cater for both/all parties and nobody has to leave the table ( the game ) dissatisfied.

Edited by babba
  • Like 2

Guest aresd
44 minutes ago, babba said:

Everyone talk about the game, bashing each others heads in leads to nothing. Don`t kill the messenger, I`m ducking down :rolleyes:

Klei do not want or try to do anything with attacks on people who have a different opinion. I can't even just respond to humiliating insults. As soon as I tried to do this once, I immediately got a warning from them. Hypocritical.

3 minutes ago, aresd said:

Klei do not want or try to do anything with attacks on people who have a different opinion. I can't even just respond to humiliating insults. As soon as I tried to do this once, I immediately got a warning from them. Hypocritical.

That is what the report post button is for

• Like 1

Often arguments are a miss understanding or people come in a with a very strong opinion or "amplified" emotional feeling. If the teleporter spawns could be deactivated in the world generation settings, then both parties can be satisfied, everyone is happy in the end and nobody gets anything taken away. :afro:

Edited by babba
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, babba said:

If we could have the option to deactivate the teleporter spawns in the world generation settings, then Klei could cater for everyone :-P 

And as I repeatedly stated I have absolutely no problem with that approach. What I have a problem with is people demanding features be removed for everybody when some people clearly like them.

• Like 7
  • Big Ups 1

Funny story: Yesterday I broke my own personal rule ( again ) to post something in some FPS game forum, of a game where people can shoot each other. I kindly asked a simple question...I directly got shot in the forum by some reply. I promptly closed the browser window, want to stick to my own set rule for the future and got out the whisky made a radioactive coffee :lol: ...I also then booted up ONI, for relaxation :beguiled:

image.png.c403454b97985de50232d21b6c51728e.png :biggrin-new: Cool drawings for visual cringe relaxation @minespatch

Edited by babba
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

What I have a problem with is people demanding features be removed for everybody when some people clearly like them.

The problem is things change that players clearly like all the time whether they like it or not. @aresd's original comment is a bit on the extreme side but the main point is he feels the teleporters are counter to the dlcs main point. There are people who agree with that too. While I myself agree I already know it's too late for changes to be made as most players are now attached to it.

53 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

my experience would be poorer without them. 

The problem is you can't actually say this for certain because this feature was added day one of the dlc early access and was designed in such a way that its integral in the spaced out version of worlds. I've thought about testing a run where I don't use them but most of my worlds I end up restarting when new world gen changes are made or I run into a game breaking bug. Maybe after this version is released though I was hoping to try the classic start.

29 minutes ago, babba said:

If the teleporter spawns could be deactivated in the world generation settings

Yea I have said this in the past and at this point it is the easiest solution. While I'm pretty confident the classic start can go without the teleporter, The spaced out starts seems pretty integral design wise. It's probably possible to play without but probably more hassle then its worth.

My personal opinion is that I don't like them and wish the devs had waited at least a little while before adding them to see what the reaction would've been. People were asking for teleportation as a late game technology before spaced out even started and I still think that would've been a better use for it then just a crutch for the player POI. At least the AETN had limits to its cooling and required hydrogen as a fuel source. The resin tree consumes food to make resin. 

Edited by crbd115

12 minutes ago, crbd115 said:

The problem is things change that players clearly like all the time whether they like it or not. @aresd's original comment is a bit on the extreme side but the main point is he feels the teleporters are counter to the dlcs main point. There are people who agree with that too. While I myself agree I already know it's too late for changes to be made as most players are now attached to it.

The problem is you can't actually say this for certain because this feature was added day one of the dlc early access and was designed in such a way that its integral in the spaced out version of worlds. I've thought about testing a run where I don't use them but most of my worlds I end up restarting when new world gen changes are made or I run into a game breaking bug. Maybe after this version is released though I was hoping to try the classic start.

Yea I have said this in the past and at this point it is the easiest solution. While I'm pretty confident the classic start can go without the teleporter, The spaced out starts seems pretty integral design wise. It's probably possible to play without but probably more hassle then its worth.

My personal opinion is that I don't like them and wish the devs had waited at least a little while before adding them to see what the reaction would've been. People were asking for teleportation as a late game technology before spaced out even started and I still think that would've been a better use for it then just a crutch for the player POI. At least the AETN had limits to its cooling and required hydrogen as a fuel source. The resin tree consumes food to make resin. 

"I myself agree I already know it's too late for changes to be made as most players are now attached to it."

Never to late my friend :-P Klei pulled the plug, analyzed why their dlc is not currently rated as "Overwhelmingly positive" on Steam, listened to forum posts ( gladly! ) and has started to implement game additions. Great ones how I find :encouragement: I find the game awesome now with DLC Classic Terra !

"The spaced out starts seems pretty integral design wise."

Only if the player wants to implement the teleporter in to their game play and game logistics chain, my opinion. Any asteroid in the game can be reached via rockets.

I do not think it would be a big effort to deactivate the teleporter spawning as a game option. So if forumistas ask for this option, instead of bashing their heads at each other...Problem solved and everybody can be happy :angel:

Edited by babba

Guest aresd
25 minutes ago, babba said:

Funny story: Yesterday I broke my own personal rule ( again ) to post something in some FPS game forum, of a game where people can shoot each other. I kindly asked a simple question...I directly got shot in the forum by some reply. I promptly closed the browser window, want to stick to my own set rule for the future and got out the whisky made a radioactive coffee :lol: ...I also then booted up ONI, for relaxation :beguiled:

image.png.c403454b97985de50232d21b6c51728e.png :biggrin-new: Cool drawings for visual cringe relaxation @minespatch

I don't like that either. I do not understand why attack for an opinion that is different from yours personally. I also disagree with many of the statements on the forum, but I do not get into a skirmish, and even more so I do not want to offend someone because he has his own opinion and his own vision of the game. I just scroll and read on. Only a pluralism of opinions gives the right direction for development. And any attempt to squeeze out someone's opinion will only hurt.

4 minutes ago, babba said:

Only if the player wants to implement the teleporter in to their game play and game logistics chain, my opinion. Any asteroid in the game can be reached via rockets.

This is more about having to ship water continually through rockets to the other planetoid just to get oil. I wasn't saying impossible and I can do a run with it probably. I just wanted to try the classic start :p

Edited by crbd115

6 minutes ago, crbd115 said:

This is more about having to ship water continually through rockets to the other planetoid just to get oil. 

Currently the teleport only supports a certain amount of fluid going through it. I had all oil wells running in the 2nd spawn oil asteroid and couldnt pump it all through, currently the teleporter can be a resource clog. If I would only rely on the teleporter, the 2nd oil map would drown in oil ( I like to get as max resources as possible ). My dream, maybe extreme for some, would be able to transport 100-1000 tons via rocket Space Shuttle, or have a max new larger version of the Interplanetary Launcher - The big brother, which shoots 1 ton at once :biggrin-new:

I`m hoping for radioactive regolith in the 1st spawn map, for easy toying around for the average Joe playing.

Edited by babba

1 minute ago, babba said:

Currently the teleport only supports a certain amount of fluid going through it. I had all oil wells running in the 2nd spawn oil asteroid and couldnt pump it all through, currently the teleporter can be a resource clog. If I would only rely on the teleporter, the 2nd oil map would drown in oil ( I like to get as max resources as possible ).

yea i think its 1kg of gas, 10kg liquid, and 20kg of solid. If the oil well only takes 1kg/s you should be fine though right?

Guest aresd
5 minutes ago, babba said:

Currently the teleport only supports a certain amount of fluid going through it. I had all oil wells running in the 2nd spawn oil asteroid and couldnt pump it all through, currently the teleporter can be a resource clog. If I would only rely on the teleporter, the 2nd oil map would drown in oil ( I like to get as max resources as possible ). My dream, maybe extreme for some, would be able to transport 100-1000 tons via rockets, or have a max new version of the Interplanetary Launcher - The big brother, which shoots 1 ton at once :biggrin-new:

You will definitely not be elected to the OPEC leadership. You will bring down all markets)