[Spaced Out! Update] - 459378

17 minutes ago, crbd115 said:

yea i think its 1kg of gas, 10kg liquid, and 20kg of solid. If the oil well only takes 1kg/s you should be fine though right?

I can only tell you what I experienced in reality playing the game. I think I had something like 6 oil wells running in the 2nd spawn map and I was pumping the max through the teleporter via pipe ( only oil on the pipe, max kg in the pipe ). The basin`s oil level was rising so fast in the oil map that I had concern the whole map would be flooded with oil ( which I love, I love max resources, Klei may ready this :afro: ). I realized I soon would have change to rockets for mass transport. I don`t play that save anymore, I now started fresh again with DLC Classic Terra. It will take me 1000 cycles on the new save to run in to these kind of cargo shipment issues, as I always work on a big base in the 1st map first...Building the basic infrastructure.

Edited by babba

Guest aresd
7 minutes ago, crbd115 said:

yea i think its 1kg of gas, 10kg liquid, and 20kg of solid. If the oil well only takes 1kg/s you should be fine though right?

And it's better to just place rare resources, rare creatures and rare plants on asteroids, and leave the basic ones as in Vanilla. And to make it so that if you create a colony on a neighboring asteroid, then you have some advantage - you extract resources faster and in greater quantities. If not, just make sure the rocket lands and wait long and short, as if the space pilot carried everything in little buckets. Ideally. All layers of discontent are suddenly satisfied. Everyone chooses their own development strategy. After which we all solemnly bury the resource teleport. And we delete all screenshots with him from the Internet. We delete from history. And reset the forum.

18 minutes ago, aresd said:

...After which we all solemnly bury the resource teleport.

I think this is what annoys dear @aresd People don`t like it when someone talks for everyone. That makes it hard for people to give you a good rating on your post, if they like your written content. I found your post really good until this sentence, so I had to retract my love heart which I first gave for your post. I know what your heart means and what you want to express my friend :-P You want to have your vanilla game back ( at least as an option in the game ), understandable.

Edited by babba
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, babba said:

I can only tell you what I experienced in reality playing the game. I think I had something like 6 oil wells running in the 2nd spawn map and I was pumping the max through the teleporter via pipe ( only oil on the pipe, max kg in the pipe ). The basin`s oil level was rising so fast in the oil map that I had concern the whole map would be flooded with oil ( which I love, I love max resources, Klei may ready this :afro: )

Yeah I was just asking because I was unsure. I just did a test in debug and the resource teleporter lets 10kg/s of liquid so in theory you should be able to support up to 10 oil wells. If you can keep max water flow and not have any downtime on the oil wells.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, crbd115 said:

Yeah I was just asking because I was unsure. I just did a test in debug and the resource teleporter lets 10kg/s of liquid so in theory you should be able to support up to 10 oil wells. If you can keep max water flow and not have any downtime on the oil wells.

Thank you for the details, much appreciated. I am not one of these players which gets in to all the kg/sec details of buildings...Practically ~6 oil wells had been too much in my game play for my teleporter to let through, I was sending 10kg on the teleporter pipe. I do believe you, I can only say what I experienced in my play. :p

If anyone wants to lookup the oil well ( had a look myself just now ). Thanks for testing and checking this @crbd115 :encouragement:

I`m curious now and want to then see in detail myself, once I make it to an big oil field again ( will take +1000 cycles for me ).

Edited by babba

8 minutes ago, babba said:

Thank you for the details, much appreciated. I am not one of these players which gets in to all the kg/sec details of buildings...Practically ~6 oil wells had been too much in my game play for my teleporter to let through, I was sending 10kg on the teleporter pipe. I do believe you, I can only say what I experienced in reality play. :p

If anyone wants to lookup the oil well ( had a look myself just now ). Thanks for testing and checking this @crbd115 :encouragement:

I`m curious now and want to then see in detail myself, once I make it to an big oil field again ( will take +1000 cycles for me ).

Oh I think I got mixed up I thought you were saying you couldn't send enough water through but were you referring to having too much oil to send back?

5 minutes ago, crbd115 said:

Oh I think I got mixed up I thought you were saying you couldn't send enough water through but were you referring to having too much oil to send back?

Yes, I found the teleporter could not let enough oil through.

Some people had suggested to have ( constructable :confused: ) ( resource :confused: ) teleporters going to other asteroids, I find that an interesting idea too. :p Cant wait to get in to max cargo dealing again, I`m currently at humble, basic beginnings in my fresh save. :roll:

Edited by babba

1 minute ago, babba said:

Yes, I found the teleporter could not let enough oil through.

Some people had suggested to have ( constructable :confused: ) ( resource :confused: ) teleporters going to other asteroids, I find that an interesting idea too. :p Cant wait to get in to max cargo dealing again, I`m currently at humble, basic beginnings in my fresh save. :roll:

Oh ok that makes more sense then. Each oil well produces 3.33 kg/s oil so with 6 you would be making almost 20kg/s. I was talking about they consume 1kg/s so you could have 10 oil wells running if you wanted. If your issue is too much oil to send back you could just have the plastic and petroleum production on the second asteroid then just send back what you need of that. That's what I usually do.

• Big Ups 1

8 minutes ago, crbd115 said:

...If your issue is too much oil to send back you could just have the plastic and petroleum production on the second asteroid then just send back what you need of that. That's what I usually do.

I used to do that, I changed to "max home base" strategy, all resource handling at the home base. Especially now with the ( how I find ) great DLC Terra Classic Superseed from the silicon lottery :excitement:

image.png.4cb962ab0f80da4aeee188246dfefe5d.png

Edited by babba

2 hours ago, babba said:

I think this is what annoys dear @aresd People don`t like it when someone talks for everyone. 

Pretty much. Here is my statement on that and why I find it unacceptable. Not exactly the same situation, but close enough:

So, no, I will _not_ participate in any burial of the resource teleport. And that is _my_ decision.

Edited by Gurgel