So Wes Really Sucks Now?

What are you talking about? All these features are clearly all considered buff. Some might say that Wes is too good now.

Consider this: His reduced stats makes going insane and farming beard easier, makes it so he don't need to consume much food to become full, and makes telltale heart exploit to more easily pull off. He attracts hounds to make hound farms more efficient, higher lightning hit chance for an early lightning farm, less efficient at mining to create tree cut percentage at a more delicate percentage, not to mention the reduced tool use rate. Reading this, would you still consider his changes a nerf instead of a massive buff?

23 minutes ago, RageLeague said:

Consider this: His reduced stats makes going insane and farming beard easier, makes it so he don't need to consume much food

Oddly a lower sanity makes farming harder, insanity triggers at a percentage of sanity, and the low total sanity means a lower number of insanity needs reached. With the gains from defeating shadows being a fixed number, and sanity decreasing at the same rate, lower sanity characters need to wait more time to become insane again.

Although Wes’s balloon make that irrelevant to him.

12 minutes ago, Well-met said:

he gave up stats in exchange for specialized balloons

less durability usage probably has some good uses aswell

I didn’t play the update, but my gut says that’s tied to the inefficient line, so now he will take extra time to do the same activity, but at least won’t need twice the axes/picks/hammers to get the same result.

well wes pretty much spawns whit a walkin cane so tahts very good and others can use it too not only that in general you can hold ballons in your hand now so thats nice as well there is that sanity party ballon wich has an sanity aura even if its small if you stand in the confect aswell as a live jacked for ocean if you drawn and wear baloon vest you dont lose stats if you drawn so yes thats good

4 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

a walking cane that last seconds and cant be crafted again until you get 4 water balloons (not sure if it is intended but sucks)

I'm pretty sure the crafts are not supposed to consume the pile of balloons, but if yes, that does suck a bit

I found the update interesting, but I have to agree that it made the character more tedious than challenging in some things

the speed balloon for example, lasts 1/4 of the day, that is 2 minutes and in its maximum efficiency approximately 50 seconds ... I found it absurdly little for a character who has everything to die at any moment hahahahaha

I believe that for all downsides the speed balloon could last at least 1 full day at its maximum efficiency, just to make the character a little less tedious to play (my opinion guys)!!

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

a walking cane that last seconds and cant be crafted again until you get 4 water balloons (not sure if it is intended but sucks)

you DONT lose the pile of ballons if you make them but you need them in your inventory to make them

1 hour ago, RageLeague said:

What are you talking about? All these features are clearly all considered buff. Some might say that Wes is too good now.

Consider this: His reduced stats makes going insane and farming beard easier, makes it so he don't need to consume much food to become full, and makes telltale heart exploit to more easily pull off. He attracts hounds to make hound farms more efficient, higher lightning hit chance for an early lightning farm, less efficient at mining to create tree cut percentage at a more delicate percentage, not to mention the reduced tool use rate. Reading this, would you still consider his changes a nerf instead of a massive buff?

Yeah, I see this as a buff for players who are trying their hardest to be the best, but people who are playing Wes casually probably won't like his changes.

You ask if Wes really sucks, my opinion is no.

yes his stats all got decreased but- he’s no longer a black hole of food.. eating all the food in the fridge without even getting back Wolfgang’s perks of extra damage.

The good things he got: All hounds target him over everyone else- may not SOUND good at first but Wes can now lure hounds exactly where he wants them (placed traps, to Abigail, to sleeping Bearger, etc..)

Speed boost from simple old balloons he can craft I mean come on.. really? Even Wendy’s speed boost only applies to Abigail and not Wendy herself.

He can share these speed buff balloons with other players- finally a useful perk that doesn’t make Wes 125% useless.

4 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

He can share these speed buff balloons with other players- finally a useful perk that doesn’t make Wes 125% useless.

the only thing I didn’t like about this update was the speed balloon’s duration

it doesn't pay to do it for the team since it lasts less than 2 minutes and even less than 50 seconds at its maximum efficiency

the only thing i would do was to increase the duration of this speed balloon, for the rest i found it super fun!

3 minutes ago, reDink said:

the only thing I didn’t like about this update was the speed balloon’s duration

it doesn't pay to do it for the team since it lasts less than 2 minutes and even less than 50 seconds at its maximum efficiency

the only thing i would do was to increase the duration of this speed balloon, for the rest i found it super fun!

I haven’t installed the update yet: but I imagine Wes can just craft and drop them then others can pick them up later..

which if your going to use in a boss fight he can place the balloons around and players can pick them up when needed.

think of it like an ability pick up in a game like Fortnite, Smite etc...

This has potential to make Wes Viable and NOT the complete Joke I’ve hated all this time.

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

I haven’t installed the update yet: but I imagine Wes can just craft and drop them then others can pick them up later..

which if your going to use in a boss fight he can place the balloons around and players can pick them up when needed.

think of it like an ability pick up in a game like Fortnite, Smite etc...

This has potential to make Wes Viable and NOT the complete Joke I’ve hated all this time.

the speedy balloons' durability drains constantly

2 minutes ago, DaZoul said:

the speedy balloons' durability drains constantly

Then it should be patched so it only drains when picked up off the ground and in your inventory-

Again identical to how speed buff pick ups work in Fortnite & Smite.

Just now, Mike23Ua said:

Then it should be patched so it only drains when picked up off the ground and in your inventory-

Again identical to how speed buff pick ups work in Fortnite & Smite.

This isn't Fortnite or Smite, however.

honestly i think the speed balloon is for the hound targeting. it is perfectly fine for making him the bait since he can run fast enough to keep away from them while also gathering them all up for his companions to snipe(something i was keen on to begin with)

Archived