So Wes Really Sucks Now?

They removed the faster hunger drain that didn't really do anything and replaced it with a hunger penalty that's probably going to be a lot more impactful.

They made it so his weapons don't break faster than other people (even though he could just use a Ham Bat), but also applied his debuff to gathering.

They've made him significantly weaker but removed the things people used as scapegoats to say why you shouldn't play him. I wonder if people will finally shut up now? Probably not. They'll think of new reasons to say why you shouldn't play him.

1 hour ago, Cheggf said:

They removed the faster hunger drain that didn't really do anything and replaced it with a hunger penalty that's probably going to be a lot more impactful.

They made it so his weapons don't break faster than other people (even though he could just use a Ham Bat), but also applied his debuff to gathering.

They've made him significantly weaker but removed the things people used as scapegoats to say why you shouldn't play him. I wonder if people will finally shut up now? Probably not. They'll think of new reasons to say why you shouldn't play him.

Probably not.. Ahem: However-

Wes’s new perks are as follows- Sanity gain for anyone standing near “Party Balloon” when popped. “Speedy Balloon” Speed Boost for limited time works great for early map exploration & can be given to other players. “Balloon Hat” which not only restores sanity but helps with Wetness can be given to other players. 

Balloon Vest- This one I’m not understanding the purpose of... you have to ditch your backpack to even use it. Maybe it has actual purpose, maybe it’s just novelty.. I can’t rightly say.

What I CAN SAY for fact is Wes is no Longer 125% useless he does have a few things, no one ever wanted him to be Wendy levels of OP.. they just wanted him to actually bring something of value to a team.

Party Balloon, Speed Balloon & Balloon Hat do these things. Even IF Better items exist later.

8 hours ago, RageLeague said:

What are you talking about? All these features are clearly all considered buff. Some might say that Wes is too good now.

Consider this: His reduced stats makes going insane and farming beard easier, makes it so he don't need to consume much food to become full, and makes telltale heart exploit to more easily pull off. He attracts hounds to make hound farms more efficient, higher lightning hit chance for an early lightning farm, less efficient at mining to create tree cut percentage at a more delicate percentage, not to mention the reduced tool use rate. Reading this, would you still consider his changes a nerf instead of a massive buff?

I see it more as a rebalance than a buff or nerf, but whatever. 

Sincerely,

Cactus

(Btw..... you sound like Edgy Rick....... making all the annoyances out to be good things.....)

Has anyone forgotten that Wes is the "challenge" character? 

I remember seeing a forum post sometime ago that some people are suggesting to make Wes at least somewhat useful to the team instead of being an endless hungry void and well, Klei delivered.

I'm surprised he even got some buffs being the hardest character of all but oh well I don't play him anyway.

I would loved it of it was a Webber or Maxwell rework but it's April 1st so what did I expect?

2 hours ago, Vertice_ said:

What is a telltale heart exploit?  I looked it up and found nothing

Supposedly, if your health goes below the damage threshold when crafting telltale heart, it will drop your health down to 1 instead of killing you. Thus, you need less health to craft a telltale heart.

I was just desperately trying to spin health reduction as a positive thing, that's all.

Archived