More mobs and nature on mainland

Hello, i think a good mob to add is Livecone, like pinecone but with eyes and small feet to go replant itself somewhere near a pine tree(10%chance to be spawned when chopping a maxed pinetree) . Also the mainland is kinda dead, the biggest mobs are deers in the birchnut forest, and buffalos in the grasslands, what about the forest, maybe a bear or some mob combined of two animals,also they should add a few more biomes and for sure a lot of birds, for example: in the swamp there are a lot of bird noises but you only see crows, where there could be swamp storks(could be really hard to capture, and spawn near ponds, eating frogs and baited by frog legs + maybe regular storks spawn near normal ponds aswell). Also owls could be added(in pine trees making spooky owl noises). Feel free to suggest more animals and which biomes could they spawn. 

Just my opinion but it would make the game more alive :) even if there was more bird species with the same drops (like the moar birb mod) just adds liveness to the game :)

Edit: the livecones could be the treeguards assistant, maybe if a treeguard spawns he will ocasionally send out livecones to replant the forest you just cut down (birchnut monsters have attack based minions but treeguards just want to replant their forest) 

Adding the pic here too (i do not take credit, found it on facebook) 

Screenshot_20210330-232730.png

3 hours ago, RRektK said:

Also owls could be added(in pine trees making spooky owl noises).

This one is interesting because you can hear owls in the night background but there isn't any owl mobs (unless). Not asking anything, but the owl idea doesn't sound so farfetched.

27 minutes ago, DelroyBM said:

This one is interesting because you can hear owls in the night background but there isn't any owl mobs (unless). Not asking anything, but the owl idea doesn't sound so farfetched.

Someone made a post in the suggestion area talking about adding owls in the caves or something like that someone added a concept art for an own. Not sure if was related to that mod or a discarted desing but klei actually has concept arts about owls

Certainly more Constant's Forest and Cave mobs will be greatly appreciated. Hope, either during "Return of Them" development or after said update is completely out, KLei will focus on making world feel more alive and evolving over time, progression and whatnot - from weather and seasons to plants, critters and new mini-/bosses.

4 hours ago, RRektK said:

Hello, i think a good mob to add is Livecone, like pinecone but with eyes and small feet to go replant itself somewhere near a pine tree(10%chance to be spawned when chopping a maxed pinetree)

First off, way too high of a chance and not only is that already similar to the birchnutter but if you have world regrowth on tree saplings will spawn next to other trees (which annoys me when I'm trying to commit deforestation)

Also the mainland is kinda dead, the biggest mobs are deers in the birchnut forest, and buffalos in the grasslands, what about the forest, maybe a bear or some mob combined of two animals

One I dont know what you mean by "mainland", and if you wanna talk about biggest mods while ignoring the giants, koalefant and vargs also exist along with volt goats.

,also they should add a few more biomes and for sure a lot of birds, for example: in the swamp there are a lot of bird noises but you only see crows, where there could be swamp storks(could be really hard to capture, and spawn near ponds, eating frogs and baited by frog legs + maybe regular storks spawn near normal ponds aswell). Also owls could be added(in pine trees making spooky owl noises).

This is where it goes from bad to worse imo

More birds would just be redundant, there is no point for more birds, i don't know why you are so obsessed with birds. The swamps are supposed to be like grim which is why it only has crows, its not supposed to be pretty like the Everglades or some other national park with pretty birds, frogs don't even spawn in the swamp. Additionally I have no idea why you suggested the owls

This is what I don't like when people like this suggest things right its like, a majority of people only think of adding something because like "that would be cool", and completely ignore everything else like, balance, if its even worth adding, how hard it would be to make and or if it would be worth the resources like time needed to make it, Like imagine that instead of working on a character rework you have a dev or two working on storks which add nothing to the game when they could have helped push actual content out faster you know, im just asking you to actually think about the game and not just what you think would be cool to see

1 hour ago, TemporarySolutn said:

This is what I don't like when people like this suggest things right its like, a majority of people only think of adding something because like "that would be cool", and completely ignore everything else like, balance, if its even worth adding, how hard it would be to make and or if it would be worth the resources like time needed to make it, Like imagine that instead of working on a character rework you have a dev or two working on storks which add nothing to the game when they could have helped push actual content out faster you know, im just asking you to actually think about the game and not just what you think would be cool to see

This is important, I'm quoting it so others don't miss it.

47 minutes ago, -Variant said:

I'm sure Charlie can arrange that for you.

20 minutes ago, bruhmoment23 said:

The Toilet of Doom

in my language we have a synonym for toilet that translates to Shadow Seat. Soooo yeah, I don't think Charlie wants to arrange that for me

7 hours ago, Notecja said:

image.png.5f35fa2eb84877ca6346e788a9107292.png

something like these guys, but everywhere?

Not like those little buggers but more like passive mobs (i do not take credit for this photo, saw it on FB) 

Screenshot_20210330-232730.png

5 hours ago, TemporarySolutn said:

First off, way too high of a chance and not only is that already similar to the birchnutter but if you have world regrowth on tree saplings will spawn next to other trees (which annoys me when I'm trying to commit deforestation)

One I dont know what you mean by "mainland", and if you wanna talk about biggest mods while ignoring the giants, koalefant and vargs also exist along with volt goats.

This is where it goes from bad to worse imo

More birds would just be redundant, there is no point for more birds, i don't know why you are so obsessed with birds. The swamps are supposed to be like grim which is why it only has crows, its not supposed to be pretty like the Everglades or some other national park with pretty birds, frogs don't even spawn in the swamp. Additionally I have no idea why you suggested the owls

Ofc mate every thing in the game should have a good use +(Just my opinion but it would make the game more alive ) there are so many things in dst what are rarely used: for example a lot of crocc pot recipes, flower umbrella, LOADS of clothing elements n more (+glommer wings in DST) . Just would be a nice addition, yeah thats logical that there should be atleast one use for it (maybe you can craft something from storks legs/peak/feathers) i mean there are so many options. Just saying the mainland gets old fast cuz of the species poverty, it could use something new. (also it would be logical if u hear owls in the forest and storks in the swamp that you can actually see them) they should add a few mammals too (varg and koalafant are great additions, i like the tracking element, but there should be more IN MY OPINION) 

G'day mate

11 hours ago, Cheggf said:

Birchnutters.

Bearger.

Bearger is a boss, i was thinking of  some mob to richen the forest ecosystem :D or other biomes. Thus making the game more alive, seasonal bosses are a great addition but i am sure more mobs (WITH USES) are needed. 

Exploring in dst is quite boring if you know that in the forest you will see only spiders or pig houses, and in grasslands you'll find only buffalos, maybe some rabbits and an occasional spider den. Same for birchnut biome - only catcoons and pig houses(and deers in the winter), get my point? Poorness of species in the game is quite sad to look at. 

I’m assuming most the people voting “let’s not add new mobs to DST” have never played Shipwrecked or Hamlet? 

Things like Piko, Pidgeon, Scorpion, Snake & Pog...

these mobs aren’t just there to be like “ooo pretty scenery!” They each have a purpose & use:

from being more annoying (poison bleed out effect of snakes and scorpion, Piko eating and running away with the seeds you would’ve used to plant new trees, Pog rummaging through your storage chests and throwing your stuff all over the place)

16435FEE-DC95-4DF1-88AE-9C3F96B98A43.gif.8bd3995d682018d3425e40b74106f24e.gif

I suspect that the reason DST feels so lifeless/empty is because it’s a Multiplayer game.

But these are problems I also expect Klei to overcome, even if that means I need to buy a new version of the game for PS5/Series X

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’m assuming most the people voting “let’s not add new mobs to DST” have never played Shipwrecked or Hamlet? 

Things like Piko, Pidgeon, Scorpion, Snake & Pog...

these mobs aren’t just there to be like “ooo pretty scenery!” They each have a purpose & use:

from being more annoying (poison bleed out effect of snakes and scorpion, Piko eating and running away with the seeds you would’ve used to plant new trees, Pog rummaging through your storage chests and throwing your stuff all over the place)

16435FEE-DC95-4DF1-88AE-9C3F96B98A43.gif.8bd3995d682018d3425e40b74106f24e.gif

I suspect that the reason DST feels so lifeless/empty is because it’s a Multiplayer game.

Yeah its a multiplayer game but i have only 1 guy to play with cuz its a unpopular game in my country :P still more life would be needed in the game imo

19 hours ago, TemporarySolutn said:

While in principle this affirmation is valid for majority of them ("half-baked" mildly put) proposals out there, we all can agree by this point in DST's life surviving after 1 in-game year becomes a moot experience: everything will remain as-is except certain Bearger/Deerclops' localized rampages, and some Spider infestation if one ignores them completely but loads their area frequently. No one is adamant we get new biomes, progression, etc-proposals-above now/2021. These are ideas for future, most likely post-"Return of Them" and all character reworks will be out. Of course all new content needs to be justifiable from multiple angles, balanced and whatnot. But we need something to hook advanced players into playing game past 1-3 in-game years, aside Sandbox's base-building aspect and decorations.

Things like squids doesnt affect the balance and, since they arent atached to biome, having an encounter is random (can be at sea while fishing but can be in land when they are looking for mass of water) which makes the experience richer. More mobs can be added in that way. Mobs that arent worth the trouble of killing them but decorates the world making richer the exploration, right now some areas are completly empty like some savannas and rocky biomes 

Another thing are deers, they spawn in an specific season, change their body in other (their key-horn grows) but you are not interested on killing them.  More seasonal herds or simply mobs can be included so, in that way, seasons like summer could be more fun to explore

And adding mobs in long term via hunts for kolaphants, vargs and sheeps and killing klaus for deers is fun so maybe klei can keep that path too

I really want to see animals like Wolferine, mix of Wolf and Wolverine (looking like small wolfy with Wolverine-like claws and colors), that will hunt different prey in wolf packs or alone. It could just roam forests and sometimes grasslands near them and have a chance of spawning one during hunt, so before killing your koalefant or ewecus you need to defend a prey from another hungry bois. Anyway I think mainland deserve some dangers, its really sometimes feels too peaceful for world created by man with god complex and later changed to be even more dangerous by psycho queen with personality disorder

5 hours ago, RRektK said:

Yeah its a multiplayer game but i have only 1 guy to play with cuz its a unpopular game in my country :P still more life would be needed in the game imo

I feel you, i am in asia, Singapore but most Asian players I seen is from china, a few Malaysian here and there but not many player from my country 

18 hours ago, RRektK said:

for example a lot of crocc pot recipes, flower umbrella, LOADS of clothing elements n more (+glommer wings in DST)

alot of recipes are supposed to be bad, they are supposed to be foods for specific use cases when you dont have every ingredient or something you might make as a last ditch effort to keep your food from spoiling (think fist full o jam)

flower umbrella is used, whether because you have no pig skin or because you just spawned in spring

the clothing I do agree with, there are so many clothing's and they just never seem to be worth using a whole slot for

the only thing besides that In your post i actually agree with is that there should be more every day forest content, as cool as it is to see new stuff in the ruins or lunar island, how often do you actually see that stuff? I know I don't, boating in general kinda feels like all risk no reward and a hassle to prep food and materials for "what if x"

Archived