concept ideas for a new character

you know i want to actualy hear if peopel have ideas for a new character because of klei say a new character comes this year so i want to see if some of you came up whit original ideas and i got some too

you know klei says its a "dlc" character and all of them are none humans but i alsol got thinkin that wolfgang is all attack and wigfrid has attack and defense so i was thinkin about a full defense character and came up whit the idea of a knight because they wear like heavy armor but then think again about the none human part that got me the idea that knights hunt dragons and do make it funny have the none human character be a lizard knight and i got alredy looks stats and perk ideas too

image.thumb.png.7df359650756a3c1a77fda78e2725251.pngwonder what your ideas will be

The theme is too medieval-fantastic even for DS.

It appears to serve no niche other than "wigfrid but for furries"

No reason you can't have this be a mod though. With some effort and patience you could certainly make it yourself for your personal use.

Stacking defence and innate defence sounds super op. I think Wortox is as tanky as you can get. He has as much hp as a person is willing to carry butterflies. If your character could parry that might be more interesting though! I honestly thought Wigfrid was going to get a shield.

:wilson_cry:

My idea for a new character is this: A psychic!

1. Can carry two items at once (one is carried by their mind). Ex: a walking cane + lantern, a walking cane + spear, a spear + torch. At a steady sanity drain. 

2. Can deflect projectiles at a right angle. Timed like when catching a boomerang. I hate bishops they are so annoying.

Downsides:

Because they are too attuned to the paranormal they take more sanity drain from auroras (2x from mobs/bosses) and take more damage from nightmares.

50 minutes ago, Well-met said:

It appears to serve no niche other than "wigfrid but for furries"

I think you mean scalies. Don't ask me how I know.

Wigfrid is already the defensive fighter. Her only offensive ability is a 25% increase to damage dealt, paling in comparison to Wolfgang's ~95% increase and Wendy's 40~90% increase. But for defensive bonuses she has a 25% resistance to incoming damage (-25% is a bigger number than +25%), passively has vampirism, has a song to enhance her vampirism and grant it to allies, three things relating to sanity, a song to resist fire damage partially (lol), a song to taunt enemies, and a song to panic enemies.

That's one offensive perk and nine defensive perks. Even her craftables are clearly favored for defense: battle spears pale in comparison to ham bats, dark swords, thulecite clubs, and tentacle spikes, while battle helms can potentially remain useful throughout the entire game.

Although to stay on topic with the thread idea, some sort of snurtle/slurtle character could be interesting. But that's just because I really like them. :-P 

I sadly have no sympathy for the fighter type when it comes to characters like Wigfrid and Wolfgang, I'm not interested into bigger damages or armor, what would actually interest me is characters that have unique fight moves, that's what I wished Klei would dig in for Wigfrid rework.

I'd be interested into somebody like Walter that can use a Slingshot more than someone that hits harder or tank more with sanity interactions in-between because characters build only around stat-affecting perks (hello, Wolfgang) are bland imo.

What I hope mostly is that the new character is a human adult. I think we already got a lot of childrens, monsters/mutants, and children monsters already.

As I said in a previous post there are sides of the game that are there, but have not been explored much yet, like stealth, channeled magic, shadow magic, etc. Although they could also be added to future reworks too, so I don’t know.

A completely overhauled Wagstaff maybe could do, with some of his trademark glasses (the big laser orb glasses could probably not set things on fire, but cause stun for a couple of seconds in an area instead) but mostly focused on something new, like new unique clockwork building, not necesarily fighters to make another Wurt, maybe utility clockworks, like to pick up items of the ground, go fishing on their own, automate farm tilling and planting with a pattern selected, order chests, refine materials, etc. 

4 hours ago, Well-met said:

No reason you can't have this be a mod though. With some effort and patience you could certainly make it yourself for your personal use.

if only i know how to realy make a mod that is like i alredy got my head complicated if i just try to read something that is some sort of toturial for moding and then actual animation and stuff like that is goin to hurt me even more i feel like

Seems like maybe a bunny character could be interesting . Give it a nice buff at dusk and night and a sanity penalty for being in sunlight. Maybe let you shave a bunny puff off every few days so you can build bunny armies easier. Probably have to be veggie only diet lol. Plus some other neat stuff.

I would like to see some kind of caves-based character. Maybe some way to thrive in the caves, or to have unique interactions in parts of the caves.

It doesn't seem very likely though, since it sort of implies that you would need caves for the character to be fully realized, and not everyone can run caves.

11 hours ago, penguin0616 said:

I would like to see some kind of caves-based character. Maybe some way to thrive in the caves, or to have unique interactions in parts of the caves.

It doesn't seem very likely though, since it sort of implies that you would need caves for the character to be fully realized, and not everyone can run caves.

a character mostly based on mining could have capability to be a good caves character while still being able to perform on the surface for those who cant do caves. like how woodie can chop trees with ease, this character could mine faster (and maybe have more gem drops?)

This character is perfect for rushing shadow pieces, as you said he doesn't get slowed from speed debuffs for wearing things, you have to wear the rook nose and the knight and bishop head to get it to the respective statues. With it you could walk as normal and you could effortlessly bring them to where they need to go, no beefalo required. The hardest part with rushing it is finding the stuff.

13 minutes ago, kerferferker said:

that seems like a nice idea, why not try to mod it?

i dit try to make mods cant seem to make anything work even whit all those toturials it always seem to be something wrong if only there was someone that knows how to make mods that would be cool

1 minute ago, Dr.Medic said:

i dit try to make mods cant seem to make anything work even whit all those toturials it always seem to be something wrong if only there was someone that knows how to make mods that would be cool

Yeah, making mods can be difficult, especially when you have no experience with programming at all.

8 minutes ago, Dragolantis said:

This character is perfect for rushing shadow pieces, as you said he doesn't get slowed from speed debuffs for wearing things, you have to wear the rook nose and the knight and bishop head to get it to the respective statues. With it you could walk as normal and you could effortlessly bring them to where they need to go, no beefalo required. The hardest part with rushing it is finding the stuff.

i actualy had the pices not in mind at all when i came up whit that idea of not slowin down by wearin things but i soupose it makes some sort of sense if your body is used to wear heavy things all the time that a statue like thing to carry is not a big proplem but thats a nice idea too

On 3/24/2021 at 9:36 PM, themightyone said:

bunny character could be interesting

I drew mine her name is Willa, she is a bunnyman character. Like Webber and Wurt she thrives in the caves or areas with bunnymen, Despite being another vegan like Wurt her upside is she freezes slower in the winter. Due to her fluff she will need to shave during summer providing a easier source for bunny fluff. She walks faster than any character due to bunnies having agility, she gives off a small sanity boost when fluffy but when she's insane she turns into a beardling making people go insane like an evil flower. (I hope she sounds like a good idea!)

(Sanity: 130, Hunger: 200, Health 120)

ok i dit try to mod it one last time and my head exploded and just so i dont hurt myshelf more i ask anyone here that may have interest of makein this character mod

image.thumb.png.77b6a05bf8335be6fe20728fd61241e9.png

i changed a bit of things and gave more infos on how it sould look like so yes i ask anyone if they may have interest of doin so

Archived