[Game Update] - 456207

• Developer

Changes

• Added a Klei Points counter and link to the Curio Cabinet
  • Dedicated servers will now store v2 mods in <install_directory>/ugc_mods/<ClusterDirectory>/<ShardDirectory> (ClusterDirectory and ShardDirectory are the values defined via -cluster and -shard respectively) should you wish to change this, you can add the command line argument -ugc_directory <path to directory to store v2 mods>.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a crash if you had a burnt container(anything that can store items) in your world.
  • Fixed klaus sack spawning outside of winter with winters feast off.
  • Fixed Pig Houses, Bunny Hutches, Molehills and Rabbit Holes not spawning their respective mob.
  • Fixed a crash that could sometimes occur if you tried to modify the world generation preset when the preset mode was linked.
  • Force enabling v2 workshop mods on dedicated servers will now work, NOTE: you shouldn’t be doing this in most cases, mods should be enabled via modoverrides.lua instead.
  • Fixed a bug causing dedicated servers to crash if SteamGameServer_Init failed.

View full update

• Like 17
  • Thanks 9
  • Health 2
  • Big Ups 1
  • GL Happy 1

6 minutes ago, zarklord_klei said:

Force enabling v2 workshop mods on dedicated servers will now work, NOTE: you shouldn’t be doing this in most cases, mods should be enabled via modoverrides.lua instead.

Most cases.... yyyeeeeesssssss. :wilson_sneaky:

Thanks for the fixes!

• Like 1

On the topic of forcing mods in the modsettings.lua. If I am trying to force a mod as such it won't download the mod. Is this indented? I believe it would download it previously if it wasn't already.

ForceEnableMod("workshop-xxxxxxxxxxxx")

Edited by X-lem

• Developer
3 minutes ago, X-lem said:

On the topic of forcing mods in the modsettings.lua. If I am trying to force a mod as such it won't download the mod. Is this indented? It believe it would download it previously if it already.

ForceEnableMod never made a mod download.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, zarklord_klei said:
  • Dedicated servers will now store v2 mods in <install_directory>/ugc_mods/<ClusterDirectory>/<ShardDirectory> (ClusterDirectory and ShardDirectory are the values defined via -cluster and -shard respectively) should you wish to change this, you can add the command line argument -ugc_directory <path to directory to store v2 mods>.

So... To make things reasonable as they were i need to add -ugc_directory "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server\data\steamapps\workshop\content\322330" to my startup bat file? o.O

1 hour ago, zarklord_klei said:
  • Fixed Pig Houses, Bunny Hutches, Molehills and Rabbit Holes not spawning their respective mob.

As much as these bugs can really cause some problems during gameplay (me and my friends were about to clear the ruins with next to no Pig Skin haha), it's really great to see that generally, whenever I notice something off with the game, as soon as I open the forums to check if it's a known bug, it already got fixed!

Thank you for being so efficient on tracking down and fixing these bugs.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, X-lem said:

On the topic of forcing mods in the modsettings.lua. If I am trying to force a mod as such it won't download the mod. Is this indented? I believe it would download it previously if it wasn't already.

Downloading mods on a dedicated server is effected through the dedicated_server_mods_setup file.

• Developer
2 hours ago, Lomion said:

Yeah. Our mods are back and even tripled. Quite a questionable design choice. At least it works.

The duplicating is unfortunate, but is a limitation of steam/our dedicated server requirements, you can use a combination of -only_update_server_mods, -ugc_directory and -skip_update_server_mods, to have a singular directory, but we cannot force that kind of setup, so this is the only alternative.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, minespatch said:

What is this supposed to do exactly?

Make it more obvious that Klei points exist to the average player instead of only people who read patch notes, I suppose. I think it's a bit awkward to have a button that has no in-game functionality and is basically useless since you can only get points every once in awhile and when you do get those points you're already directed to the place to redeem them so you can already get the items without the button, but it is only on the curio cabinet so it's fine.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the update! I know on PS4 there was an awful repeating glitch where it would constantly repeat a minuet task over and over again. That was........ horrible.......

Overall, great job releasing bug fixes! Love how quick you guys are!

Sincerely,

Cactus

22 hours ago, zarklord_klei said:

The duplicating is unfortunate, but is a limitation of steam/our dedicated server requirements, you can use a combination of -only_update_server_mods, -ugc_directory and -skip_update_server_mods, to have a singular directory, but we cannot force that kind of setup, so this is the only alternative.

Yeah. I understand that. But can you, please, elaborate on -ugc_directory syntax? I can just use -ugc_directory "Server Mods" and all mods will be in <install path>\Server Mods folder?