i finally got oni!

I don't think there is "a right way" to play ONI and I don't know how to start about "tips" without writing a text wall... :?  So here is some vague short tips.

By the end of cycle 1 I usually have this setup:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.bf67ef0ec48a3e85fb9c8c09bf577bce.png

It helps to have outhouses before the end of cycle 1 (no messes to clean in cycle 2) and if you manage to build cots they will sleep comfortably without sore backs.

Usually by cycle 5 I build oxygen production (1 oxygen diffuser for ~6 dupes), by cycle 10 I research farm tiles to farm mealwood. And that setup would last me 100-200 cycles. My most important rule when I play like that is "no new dupe" until I can "afford"  to have one (extra calories+oxygen for the dupe to survive).

10 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

I don't think there is "a right way" to play ONI and I don't know how to start about "tips" without writing a text wall... :?  So here is some vague short tips.

By the end of cycle 1 I usually have this setup:

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.bf67ef0ec48a3e85fb9c8c09bf577bce.png

It helps to have outhouses before the end of cycle 1 (no messes to clean in cycle 2) and if you manage to build cots they will sleep comfortably without sore backs.

Usually by cycle 5 I build oxygen production (1 oxygen diffuser for ~6 dupes), by cycle 10 I research farm tiles to farm mealwood. And that setup would last me 100-200 cycles. My most important rule when I play like that is "no new dupe" until I can "afford"  to have one (extra calories+oxygen for the dupe to survive).

that actually was really heapful ! , is there a way to make a specific dupe work on a thing? because when i say to someone make a thing  it just random with dupe is going to do that thing

1 hour ago, rafaelluismpalm said:

soooo could some of you give some tips to start?

Git Gud... :devilish:

Seriously, here is the tip i can give you :
- Don't be afraid to fail. It's a game where you always learn, even after hundreds hours of play. With your experience and your tests, you will be able to retry and do better every time. ;)

16 minutes ago, rafaelluismpalm said:

is there a way to make a specific dupe work on a thing?

Not really... Only "priorities" menu. You can set one dupe to high priority dig-build, one to tidy-supply-farm, one to research, but if there are not enough tasks it will be everyone doing everything. You could also restrict some dupes on "priorities" menu to "not  do" certain tasks but I usually avoid that because ... I forget.. and someone is set to "no dig" and is trapped and cannot dig... :cry: There is also the "proximity" option on the priorities menu that helps a little

It's not the end of the world if you run out of time to get cots going. But digging towards water and building outhouses should be your first priority. Once you've figured things out you'll always have that at the end of the day.

Some temporary cots where this free space don't take much time though. You don't need a proper bedroom right away that takes more time to dig out. But soon you should be getting that plus a washroom (just enclosing the toilets with doors) to get a nice morale bonus.

in essence treat it like a rogue-like game, just like the dont starve that is in your icon, you start with problems to learn the mechanics and with both of them one: either get frustrated or try again, as you already play dontstarve then you will try again

what I can tell you to start is:
first point: mealwood is her best friend at the beginning of the game, but don't depend on her for the future, as she consumes all your dirt, but spend a lot of time on it.
second point: water, find a water geyser soon you will need it, the problem will be cooling
third point: leave machines that consume a lot of energy and generate heat away from where you have farms or the duplicates sleep, along with that, as soon as you have Insulated Tile surround your base to prevent heat from entering or leaving
fourth point: use the Oxygen Diffuser to generate your oxygen, they ask for energy and algae, be careful that they can consume all your algae, but it is not a giant problem ... but ... so you go back to point 2, you have to get water to be able to abandon the Oxygen Diffuser and make way for: Electrolyzer
fifth point: use coal generators a lot, but be careful ... if you don’t have hatchs producing coal soon you will run out then use it, but use it looking for coal on the map, until you have your Electrolyzers working so you can have a little more access to hydrogen to relieve some of the pressure from coal while looking for new sources of energy that ... exist out there ...

what I remember is this

I don't know if you got the dlc or not, but play without the dlc if you got it, it is much more friendly to beginners than the dlc

13 hours ago, he77789 said:

Even though the game is called "Oxygen Not Included", it's actually "Air Conditioning Not Included" in most cases, either directly or indirectly.

"Air Conditioning Not Included" ...ACNI :confused:

image.thumb.png.cc6789a678367d4039c22b0f143eb3e2.png

ACNI "Regeme Creme" ( Regeme...short for Regenerate-Meme ), to cool the reactor temperature down.

Its shipping with a graphite block included :confused::confused::confused:

Archived