Let's predict the upcoming animals of the year

Since the animals of the year have until now always been inspired by the Chinese zoodiac, i thought it would be fun to try figure out, which animals will get some cool minigames in the future: 

Next will be the Chinese year of the tiger, year of the hare, dragon, snake, horse, goat and monkey.

I guess hare could lead to a year of the bunnyman, goat would surely be voltgoat and dragon could be either dragonfly or maybe saladmander. But the rest? Are we gonna get year of the splumonkey?? Would snake translate to cave worm or tentacle? What's horse gonna be, year of Maxwells long face???

Since the closest year is tiger and there isnt really anything like that in DST yet, I'm really curious about this one. I really wish, Klei will let the catcoon pass for a tiger, since year of the catcoon would be adorable!

i've been seen some streamers talking about this. maybe during the year klei adds some new animals that fit in the "year of" theme.

the closest thing we have from a tiger is tigershark from SW, right? (we have snakes in that dlc too)

and we have the clockwork knight as the horse!

Tiger!  I'm looking forward to that one for two reasons.  1. It's my own Year of the Whatever birth year, and 2.  KITTIES!!

I'd be find with some kind of catcoon based thing, but it'd also be amazing if the Tigershark got blown in from Shipwrecked to grace our seas, now that we _have_ sailable seas.  :)

...Notorious

The only ones that don't have a great fit right now are year of the tiger, snake, and horse. Snake and horse aren't until 2025 & 2026 so we're good on those, but if they don't come out with a more fitting mob within the next year catcoon would probably be the closest match for year of the tiger.

I think horse is pretty self explanatory with Clockwork Knights. But yea, we don't have obvious matchups for Tiger and Snake so Tiger may be catcoons or an entirely new mob we'll meet later. Something tells me they wouldn't base an entire Lunar New Year event around the El Tigre skin of Webber.

Rat - Carrat

Ox - Beefalo

Tiger - Catcoon

Rabbit - Bunnymen, or Rabbits

Dragon - Dragonfly

Snake - ??? (@supermeatgoy suggests depths worms)

Horse - ??? (@Minespatch thinks clockwork knights)

Goat - Volt Goat

Monkey - Splumonkey

Dog - Varg

Rooster - Gobbler

Pig - Pigmen

12 hours ago, Grim the said:

Rat - Carrat

Ox - Beefalo

Tiger - Catcoon

Rabbit - Bunnymen, or Rabbits

Dragon - Dragonfly

Snake - ??? (@supermeatgoy suggests depths worms)

Horse - ??? (@Minespatch thinks clockwork knights)

Goat - Volt Goat

Monkey - Splumonkey

Dog - Varg

Rooster - Gobbler

Pig - Pigmen

Oh lord, I hate splumonkeys, that would surely be a wild year lol

Archived