Funny DST misspells

22 minutes ago, RoughCactus69 said:

Slightly embarrassing, and slightly related. I play this game SO much that I started calling real life BUFFALOS BEEFALOS!!!!! In my opinion it honestly sounds better...... I get uhh...... Too emersed.....

Beefalo is a cooler word than buffalo and cow. You should honestly just refer to every bovine as a beefalo.

3 hours ago, RoughCactus69 said:

Slightly embarrassing, and slightly related. I play this game SO much that I started calling real life BUFFALOS BEEFALOS!!!!! In my opinion it honestly sounds better...... I get uhh...... Too emersed.....

I've done that too... I suppose beefalo is much more fun and easy to pronounce! :wilson_ecstatic:

Not exactly DST per se, but whenever there's a unique log/wood that's important in another game, I always just call them Living Logs out of habit. It happens a lot when I'm playing Stardew getting Hard Wood or Terraria getting Spooky Wood and I keep calling them Living Logs instinctively, leading to my friend having to correct me, sometimes back-to-back. Treeguards did something to my brain

On 2/12/2021 at 4:55 PM, Grim the said:

For those who cannot pronounce “Prestihatitator”:

“press-ti-hah-ti-tay-tor”

(fun fact it’s a combination of the word prestidigitator and hat)

I still can't pronounce it.

It's not a misspell but when people say give me some wood it's funny.

Use the "log" people, haha.

On 2/12/2021 at 6:55 PM, Grim the said:

For those who cannot pronounce “Prestihatitator”:

“press-ti-hah-ti-tay-tor”

(fun fact it’s a combination of the word prestidigitator and hat)

I remember one time I was very upset with NOT knowing how to say it, so I just walked up to the Alchemy Engine and practiced saying it for the entire day. Sure, it may have been a waste of time, but I'm in the very few who know how to say it!

>:D 

Sincerely,

Cactus

On 2/26/2021 at 9:17 AM, RoughCactus69 said:

You forgot this 

Sincerely, 

Cactus

On 3/3/2021 at 5:19 PM, Pinkamena11FazP said:

Has anyone heard anyone call any mob anything other than what it's called? (Like Beefalo moose or something?)

I never got the joke why, but for some reason RPGMinx kept referring to the beefalo as "Gruffalo" throughout an entire game session...

As for people I've actually played with, nah, I can't remember anything like that.  I've seen YouTubers call 'em "those big yak things" but otherwise...

...Notorious

Archived