Logged into my world and went to the bathroom, I died... anyway to recover?

I logged into one of my worlds and went to the bathroom really quick... I was pretty deep in, and I came back to the world regenerating (I'm assuming I died...) is there anyway to revert this or did I actually just lose all that progress?

I can't rollback either...

Edit: Jesus why are the responses so weird here. I was just asking if there was a way to revert back... not about the reprehensibility of my actions. I joined my server and absentmindedly used the bathroom a minute too long. No need to get on your high horses. For those who provided constructive answers, thanks.

2 hours ago, Well-met said:

the true answer is you've done a mistake and paid for it.

you should know better than to leave a game like DS unattended

This is dumb.. people have lives outside of sitting in front of a video game screen- but they probably don’t want to lose all their progress any time they have to get up to do something.

A global pause button is something I would fight to have in this game until the point I got banned from the forums altogether over.

And now: let me explain why, I have a heavily over-active bladder- I have to get up and pee quite often (to the point that this Covid crap is pure hell on people like me so I try to avoid going up town as much as I possibly can.) On average I pee at least 5-6 times during a 2-3 hour movie. Yeah..

Borderlands (a drop in drop out 4 player online coop shooter released way back in 2009..) Had a Global Pause: meaning if enough players pause the game, then the game actually pauses.

But DST does not have this technology, it IS NOT a Bladder friendly game.. And it’s an annoying process to log out of the game (kicking everyone you may be playing with at the time out) just because you had to go take a leak: or if your family needs help with something. (Which happens quite often round here.)

Single Player DS actually has a pause function, and if the 4 player drop in/out looter shooter Borderlands could do it... why can’t DST?

For what it’s worth: I’m sorry for your loss OP, I don’t think there’s any way to recover worlds after you let their timer run out, And even if you play modes like Endless or Wilderness and let your character go Idle: You will still die, and Deerclops/Bearger or Firehounds or (insert whatever bad thing here..) will happen while you are away.

1 minute ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

I read that it causes problems with rains

That was fixed? I would think about using it if is clean of bugs 

I don't find any problems with rain while I use it, but even so one of the developers of the mod is still very active in the community so fixing issues with it once asked isn't out of the question i imagine

1 hour ago, Lbphero said:

I don't find any problems with rain while I use it, but even so one of the developers of the mod is still very active in the community so fixing issues with it once asked isn't out of the question i imagine

I read it from the mod page but was years ago, i guess they fixed it. Thanks i may use it, is always a paint to log out for just seconds

11 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

This is dumb.. people have lives outside of sitting in front of a video game screen- but they probably don’t want to lose all their progress any time they have to get up to do something.

A global pause button is something I would fight to have in this game until the point I got banned from the forums altogether over.

And now: let me explain why, I have a heavily over-active bladder- I have to get up and pee quite often (to the point that this Covid crap is pure hell on people like me so I try to avoid going up town as much as I possibly can.) On average I pee at least 5-6 times during a 2-3 hour movie. Yeah..

Borderlands (a drop in drop out 4 player online coop shooter released way back in 2009..) Had a Global Pause: meaning if enough players pause the game, then the game actually pauses.

But DST does not have this technology, it IS NOT a Bladder friendly game.. And it’s an annoying process to log out of the game (kicking everyone you may be playing with at the time out) just because you had to go take a leak: or if your family needs help with something. (Which happens quite often round here.)

Single Player DS actually has a pause function, and if the 4 player drop in/out looter shooter Borderlands could do it... why can’t DST?

For what it’s worth: I’m sorry for your loss OP, I don’t think there’s any way to recover worlds after you let their timer run out, And even if you play modes like Endless or Wilderness and let your character go Idle: You will still die, and Deerclops/Bearger or Firehounds or (insert whatever bad thing here..) will happen while you are away.

Have you talked to your doctor about your bladder?  Peeing that often is often a sign of some sort of medical issue.

2 minutes ago, CremeLover said:

Use the following console commands

TheSim:SetTimeScale(0)

This pauses the server

TheSim:SetTimeScale(1)

This resumes the time on the server.

The issue is over. I was just wondering if I could rollback at all. I know what my mistake was, I just thought I would come back in time before dying.

2 hours ago, CremeLover said:

Use the following console commands

TheSim:SetTimeScale(0)

This pauses the server

TheSim:SetTimeScale(1)

This resumes the time on the server.

Dont think that works. I remember trying that out before and trying to unpause with the 2nd command, but it refused to execute and I just stayed there paused for eternity.

6 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Dont think that works. I remember trying that out before and trying to unpause with the 2nd command, but it refused to execute and I just stayed there paused for eternity.

Yeah, the wiki says that it will freeze the server, preventing your unfreeze command to go through, though I never experienced such an issue.

You can solve this by running the command directly on the server shell instead of a remote command from the client, but if you don't have access to the sever shell, then yeah, you might be screwed there.

There used to be a creative, in-universe, safe way to go AFK even on multiplayer servers but Klei removed it. I don't know whether they did it on purpose or not.

22 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Bladder infections be like

I turn my volume high up when going to the bathroom, and if it's number 2 i take extra safety measures(light, hound-safe, food). I recently lost my 4200 day world because my tv has a shut down timer and I could not find the remote control in time. The most frantic 2 minutes of my life. Anyway, I play on console and I had uploaded my world online on day 4k so I only lost 200 days, but at the time I was not sure that would work so you can imagine what was going on in my living room; I'm sure there has to be a way to conserve your save slots on pc, and making backups is the safest way to go anyway, I have heard of fatal bugs or crushes deleting worlds with updates and such, so better be safe if you've invested a lot of time in it.

On 2/11/2021 at 6:49 PM, Mike23Ua said:

On average I pee at least 5-6 times during a 2-3 hour movie. Yeah..

I'd suggest watching less scary movies

Archived