My beefalo had a baby

So with the yoftb event i decided to tame a beefalo but my surprise is that he gave birth  in my base... its srping and i was making a beef contest, when it ended he unsaddled and it may have took me like 10 second to saddle it back, and then i went around to find his child on the middle of my  base (wich is pretty far away from the savannah where the beefalos are... is this going to start a new herd there??? if i kill it will affect the taming of my beefalo?628468794_DontStarveTogether_ConsoleEdition_20210207161345.thumb.jpg.4aa823106053d12ecf9eb9c651b1df73.jpg

If it's wandering around there then I'm pretty sure it is planning on starting a new herd when it grows up. Beefalos with a Bell don't have a herd, so I imagine their babies wouldn't have one either.

I don't think killing the baby will affect your beefalo's domestication, though be careful when it gets mad at you and make sure NOT to attack it back.

Any time my domesticated beefalo has a baby I hop on the parent and kill the child. 

Not sure if the beef will get mad but when I am riding it, it doesn't seem to affect anything.

Also its much easier to kill it if its still tethered to the parent as it kept running back to me for help.

Edit: I know it may sound cruel but Im not trying to be edgy. Its what works for me. I've left them alone before only to start a herd in the middle of my base. Had to kill each one separately and its not worth the time lost.

its srping and i was making a beef contest, when it ended he unsaddled and it may have took me like 10 second to saddle it back, and then i went around to find his child on the middle of my  base...

I am not sure how the beefalo bell affects all these things, this is how it works without the bell:

Your beefalo shares the mating season(s) of his original herd, which includes all of spring. During mating season (red butt), the buck timer is much shorter and everytime your beefalo is off screen it has a chance to spawn a baby beefalo, until the maximal herd size of 12 is reached. In my games, where the original beef herd was still alive, the baby beefalo would grow up and then wander back to their original herd. However in  THE guide on beefalo taming of Psam we can see a completly new herd spawning and changing their location.

if i kill it will affect the taming of my beefalo?

Again without the bell:

The parent is going to be aggressive towards you, if you kill the baby. Even if you make the beefalo kill the baby itself (by riding it), it will be aggressive after dismounting. Anytime you hit your beefalo, it loses 30% of its domestication, so fighting it should be avoided.

Referenced guide to beefalo taming:

I've got the same problem as the original post.. My domesticated, bell bonded beefalo keeps spawning babies at my base. EVERY year there's a few new babies, and I hate having to kill them. Who is she mating with anyways?

Does anyone know of a way to keep your beefalo from making children? :?

Klei needs to make a Beefalo contraceptive pill,, maybe a Beefy IUD? 

If you wanna kill the child, use toothtraps. If you don't, put it in a pen and chase it away by hitting and running or lure it away with the beefalo horn once it's grown. Just don't wait to long, this problem is gonna get MUCH bigger over time

On 6/5/2021 at 3:31 PM, j9_bee_playin said:

I've got the same problem as the original post.. My domesticated, bell bonded beefalo keeps spawning babies at my base. EVERY year there's a few new babies, and I hate having to kill them. Who is she mating with anyways?

Does anyone know of a way to keep your beefalo from making children? :?

Klei needs to make a Beefalo contraceptive pill,, maybe a Beefy IUD? 

Most mobs that live on herds/groups can repopulate as long as one member of the group is alive (Beefalos, Voltgoats, Rock lobsters too i think) so you probably should just fully domesticate it, and thats the end of pregnancy

Archived