Easiest Character To Survive As:

I'm asking the question what's the easiest character to survive as. NOT THE MOST OP CHARACTER! 

(IMO) I think Wigfrid is the easiest to survive as for alot of reasons. 

• She gains health, and sanity from fighting. To GAIN health I normally fight spiders. Plus killing a Terrorbeak normally nets around half sanity. 

• Has quite high health. (200 HP) 

• Her helmets are quite nice, and cheap. Just a better football helmet.

For these reasons I think she is the best to survive as. I can normally survive around 60-70+ days before dying. Normally more than that.

If you are curious, I normally die to darkness. I know.... I know...... for surviving so long, it's pretty noobish'.
Quite forgetful when it comes to light sources........ SMH.....

I would’ve said Wendy, but After slaying all the games bosses (the ones that have achievements tied to killing anyway) I would say that the easiest character to survive as is Wigfrid.

But then again: I’ve managed to starve to death multiple times due to RNG horrible world gens as Wigfrid so her survivability is entirely dependent upon finding a good meat source. 

Lately I’m finding WORTOX and Wormwood to be the easiest for me to survive with Wortox is insanely good though- Ive gotten so good with Wortox that I rarely ever bring anything above a Football Helmet and a few common spears to fight with.

(His 20 stacks of healing is just that insane..) 

But Now that you can force Wormwoods speed buff and heal with the over abundance of rot left laying around everywhere, gain no sanity loss by being wet.. can easily tend to crops just by running around in circles in them, AND can regain sanity by planting more crops or Pinecones I would say Wormwood hands down has become one of (if not THE) easiest character for me to survive with. 

For me it's a tie between Wortox, Wigfrid, and Wurt. Wortox because once you know that all you need is butterflies/bees, you're set. Wigfrid because she has no trouble with combat whatsoever. And Wurt because she can survive off of berries/carrots alone. If you really want you can just farm all day and be set.

As someone who's played quite a lot of Wigfrid, I definitely agree that she's up there. Her helms, lifesteal, high HP, and natural damage resistance make her fairly easy to survive as, even for new players. I haven't really played Wendy, but from what I've seen she seems like a good candidate as well. 

Wendy is surely the easiest in general. You can easily amass food and healing via spiders, way more than you can chew, and she'll protect you from hounds, bats, darkness, all of those very common deaths for beginners. Sanity is also made easier for her.

I understand the Wigfrid argument, but if we're talking the average DST public the meat restriction does kill a lot of Wigfrid newbies early game.

I don't think there's a point in talking survivability for veteran players as the character doesn't really matter.

3 hours ago, kuroite said:

I would say Wendy. For new player, her sister is really strong: take agro, AoE damage, stunlock.

If you avoid boss you can have a chill and peacefull life with her.

That's the thing. Wigfrid can melt through all normal bosses, and SOME of the raid bosses. (If you at least know what you are doing).

I will say, if someone is new to the game and they ask what character they should pick, I'll say Wendy. The meat thing for Wigfrid is a curveball, but it's easy to overcome after the first 5-6 deaths. Wendy you can start instantly and survive.

definitely wendy. you don't have do do much more than run around eating berries and not dying to charlie to survive and almost anything more is thriving. abigail does pretty much all of the fighting and there isnt really that much strategy for playing her outside of 'dont get too close'. going to be frank even the most rank beginners on pub can and do survive as wendy as long as the weather is accommodating.

Wortox is easy... if you know how to play. Which kinda invalidates the "easy" part. Balancing between foods and souls isnt too intuitive. Too much food, and you run out of it (early game, mostly). Too much soul consuming and you go insane.

I guess Id ask whether question is which character is more new player friendly or which one is easier with high knowledge of the game and said character.

Id say Wendy either way though.

2 hours ago, BeeClops said:

I understand the Wigfrid argument, but if we're talking the average DST public the meat restriction does kill a lot of Wigfrid newbies early game

with her is easier to fight spiders and will recover sanity and health even without know how to kite

so easy sanity and heal without knowing recipes and the monster meat goes to cook meatballs

my 1st time surviving 100 days was when wigfrid was released and i was a complete noob but i only needed to kill spiders and other weak mobs to recover stats. But yes, wendy is even easier with her non food restriction and free killing machine

I’m glad people see Wendy who is supposed to be the easiest character in the entire game as being the landslide victor of who is easiest character to survive as.

I can’t really say the same for Wes supposed to be the most challenging- because I honestly do find other characters to be far more challenging then Wes ever DREAMED of.

There are just things I DON’T struggle as while playing as Wes, that most certainly DO Struggle with while playing as for example: Warly.

3 minutes ago, GetNerfedOn said:

Wendy and Wigfrid are nigh equally easy to survive as. You hold f to survive most encounters and Abigail or advanced stats will do the rest. But holding f and not kiting is a very unhelpful habit, eventually.

Kiting can prove to be almost impossible for Xbox, there are certain enemies I would rather just bring enough armor to the fight and stand in front of attacking rather than trying to dodge being hit by.

Its why I love that Marble Armor has reduced crafting costs, I don’t remember exactly but I think I beat both Dragonfly and Ancient Guardian by standing in front of them hold in the attack button retreating to pan flute/heal when needed.. but Dodging their attacks? Completely out of the question.

3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Kiting can prove to be almost impossible for Xbox, there are certain enemies I would rather just bring enough armor to the fight and stand in front of attacking rather than trying to dodge being hit by

Why? I have played ds1 with controller and wasnt different of using WASD even in hamlet where most enemies doesnt let you room for mistakes like the pig guards

Marble suit had a very high cost and was good the refuction due to people playing with high ping (maybe your problem at kiting) and to make it more viable

2 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Why? I have played ds1 with controller and wasnt different of using WASD even in hamlet where most enemies doesnt let you room for mistakes like the pig guards

Marble suit had a very high cost and was good the refuction due to people playing with high ping (maybe your problem at kiting) and to make it more viable

Yes it’s a connection issue (especially when I play with my friends in the UK who has bad internet) :( I would rather just Armor up and go Ham then try to dodge.

Single Player DS doesn’t have problems dodge cause there’s no online connection being used.

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

Yes it’s a connection issue (especially when I play with my friends in the UK who has bad internet) :( I would rather just Armor up and go Ham then try to dodge.

Single Player DS doesn’t have problems dodge cause there’s no online connection being used.

Then isnt a xbox problem that could happen in pc :/

4 minutes ago, GetNerfedOn said:

Seconded, its the major reason why I play alone. Unless i suddenly decide stomaching the lag and being useless at every fight is suddenly my style.

totally, i will play pubs often if i found servers with less than 100 ping, otherwise i will not have fun just pressing F (not fun) and grinding armor+healigs for every fight

Archived