Wagstaff pt.2

22 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

She is an engineer and he and inventor. Could have different toys and a great opportunity to add more stuff to winona

Yes! Even in Dont starve he has special super items which make him more unique.
Winona can make thing that exist which a enginer could make easily like generators, catapults and most of her buildings are pretty primitive.
But Wagstaff can build super glasses, earthquake machine and teleporting machine. Those buildings are special and makes him different from a regular engineer. He is an investigor, like scientist.
Also Wolfgang and Wigfrid both have "fighter", "warior" role of the team but still they both are interesting and usefull for the team. I believe Wagstaff will fit it too.

Also I think he have a big role in the lore which he deserves to be next character that could be add in the game. At least I hope.

15 hours ago, Mahoood said:

according to Wortox he hasn't unlocked its potential.

That thing hyped me omg

I don't think Wagstaff has any business being a playable character in dst.

Knowing his motifs and intentions he'd be better of as a new antagonist. Wagstaff as the 4th person to sit on the nightmare throne or something like that.

1 hour ago, Szczuku said:

Knowing his motifs and intentions he'd be better of as a new antagonist. Wagstaff as the 4th person to sit on the nightmare throne or something like that.

Wait, who was the third person? Was there somebody before Maxwell that sat on the throne?

EDIT:wait oh no im dumb

Wagstaff's just going to be a pick and switch character. Everyone's going to pick him, build mass telebrellas and telipads, and drop him. Plus Lazy Deserters are going to be useless because of telipads.

Winona, for everything you say about him, is far from inferior to Wagstaff. While she doesnt have his stats ofr fast travel, she can farm raid bosses and mobs while Wagstaff cannot. I cannot aee situations where Thumpers can farm:

- werepigs

- spiders

- bunnies

- pigs

- Vespiquen

- Princess Peach Toadstool

- Ancient Fuelweaver

Id wish he would have his own Adventure Mode or become a villain in the plot rather than become a pick and switch char.

I read almost all the comments that were in this thread. I'll just give you my thoughts:
I absolutely don't want Robert to be some kind of antagonist/villain. Not all of his game quotes are "evil" in nature. He looks like a man who wants to understand the secrets of the universe and solve many problems. It feels like he was looking for the Nightmare Throne just to connect Constant and the real world, to supply the nightmare fuel for his inventions.
I'm really looking forward to it in DST. Yes, he looks like Winona. But why can't it be reworked? He can get into this game with new inventions or new abilities with his glasses. Also, it can be made the first character in this game, which can be opened for completing a quest. It would be an interesting idea, like with Maxwell, just for a multiplayer game.
In any case, I don't see that the inventor have evil intentions. I think he's just a man who wants to find answers to everything and do something really great.

24 minutes ago, Russian_Philin said:

I absolutely don't want Robert to be some kind of antagonist/villain. Not all of his game quotes are "evil" in nature. He looks like a man who wants to understand the secrets of the universe and solve many problems. It feels like he was looking for the Nightmare Throne just to connect Constant and the real world, to supply the nightmare fuel for his inventions.

Thank you! I really don't get why a lot of people want him to be the next antagonist or something. I think Charlie should stay as the main antagonist, imo it would be a silly writing decision to suddenly switch antagonists(again) to Wagstaff.

As for Wagstaff as a DST character, Meh. He doesnt really interest me that much to be honest. I'm neutral to it.

34 minutes ago, Russian_Philin said:

I read almost all the comments that were in this thread. I'll just give you my thoughts:
I'm really looking forward to it in DST. Yes, he looks like Winona. But why can't it be reworked? He can get into this game with new inventions or new abilities with his glasses. Also, it can be made the first character in this game, which can be opened for completing a quest. It would be an interesting idea, like with Maxwell, just for a multiplayer game.
In any case, I don't see that the inventor have evil intentions. I think he's just a man who wants to find answers to everything and do something really great.

im with you but, just to point, if he is courious about the nightmere fuel he have the risk of being corrupted by it like happend to maxwell

15 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

im with you but, just to point, if he is courious about the nightmere fuel he have the risk of being corrupted by it like happend to maxwell

I'm not sure he's going to go crazy with this thing... His quotes seem quite rational about this thing and everything else related to it... In addition, Maxwell was changed by his mysterious book... In the description of one of his vignettes, there is a point about the fact that Maxwell is too much attached to this book... And I don't think the nightmare fuel affects the mind and consciousness as much as the ancient and strange artifact that the former king of shadows always keeps with him...

I don't care much about whether or not he gets added, but I don't think the argument of "He's too similar to Winona" is a very good reason to not add him. They both build contraptions, although those contraptions work completely differently. If anything he's closer to Woodie and Maxwell than he is to Winona. Winona builds lights for light and catapults for fights. Wagstaff builds thumpers for tree farms, telipads and telebrellas for locomotion, and various goggles that grant him powers like seeing tentacles, shooting fireballs, and taking less damage. If you ignore the theme of him building things he doesn't have a single thing in common with Winona, and I don't think the game would explicitly need to only have one person with the theme of building things. Maxwell & Wickerbottom both have the theme of magic, Wolfgang & Wigfrid both have the theme of fighting (as well as the actual gameplay abilities for fighting, of which Wendy also does), and with how vague "Building things" is I would even say that Wilson and Webber both have the theme of beardsmanship.

And if he were to get added I would hope that they would lean away from his placed structures and focus more on his cool goggles. Then he really would have nothing in common with Winona.

13 hours ago, Szczuku said:

I mean,  WX-78 is evil.  Almost all of his lines revolve around life being useless and how it should be eradicated,  Maxwell was the main antagonist of DS,  Wendy wants to kill everything and herself,  Willow wants to burn everything,  Wortox is a demon,  Wurt is a merm.  I could go on.

1 minute ago, LinknAllie said:

I mean.  WX-78 is evil.  Almost all of his lines revolve around life being useless and how it should be eradicated,  Maxwell was the main antagonist of DS,  Wendy wants to kill everything and herself,  Willow wants to burn everything,  Wortox is a demon,  Wurt is a merm.  I could go on.

wx isnt evil, he has no empathy that is different

wagstaff has quotes about how useful (like stopping world hunger) or lethal are certain things. He is neutral, he only wants knowledge

Guys I never said that Wagstaff is evil. 

It's just that he views nightmare fuel purely as a technological progress despite knowing Ancients' fate.

If he was to become a new antagonist it'd be on a 'what you're doing is insane!', 'no, it's not!'-basis.

14 hours ago, Slagger said:

That's it! Even in Dont starve he has his special super items. Winona can make thing that was exist and we see often in real life. Like generators, catapults and most of her projects are pretty prime. But Wagstaff have super glasses that could handle so much thing, earthquake machine and teleporting. Those are not a thing that a regular engineer could build, specially with that much materials. Also Wolfgang and Wigfrid both have "fighter", "warior" role of the team but they both are usefull and pretty interesting.

Also I think he have a really big role in the lore which he deserves so much to be next character that would be add in game. I see so much people wants Walani but I don't think she have anything about lore that much. But who knows, we got Warly before.

Klei loves to be mysterious, so we will wait and see.

Excuse me, but uh... can you repeat that again please? Maybe with a bit more sentence structuring?

The only thing I can really make out from that whole paragraph is that are for Wagstaff being added, which I'm all for, but you aren't quite using proper English. It truly makes it hard for people to quite understand what you might be saying.

3 hours ago, Hornete said:

Thank you! I really don't get why a lot of people want him to be the next antagonist or something. I think Charlie should stay as the main antagonist, imo it would be a silly writing decision to suddenly switch antagonists(again) to Wagstaff.

As for Wagstaff as a DST character, Meh. He doesnt really interest me that much to be honest. I'm neutral to it.

This is exactly the reason why he SHOULD be the next antagonist- we know a lot about him through character quotes, vignettes, animated shorts & also through him being playable in Single Player Don’t Starve, etc..

His playstyle seems to Mirror Winona’s and you yourself just said he doesn’t interest you that much and you feel neutral towards it.

But it gives us a character with meaning, with purpose, we actually know and can relate to that makes us actually feel sorry/sad/angry/some type of emotions towards them.

Now please do note: that just because I want him to be the “bad guy” does not mean that I don’t want him to be playable- but him being playable should not be Canon to the rest of the survivors- They could even let us play as his Holograms from single player DS & try to rescue the real Wagstaff from the throne.

I would prefer it if someone I knew would take up the mantle after Klei eventually decides they want to replace Charlie.. rather then just saying hey here’s this new person or thing- and it’s now in control of everything.

Give me something that’s gonna hit me right in the feels- and at this point It could be Wendy for all that I care, a character I’ve played as, can relate to: and have feelings for.

38 minutes ago, Cagealicous said:

The only thing I can really make out from that whole paragraph is that are for Wagstaff being added, which I'm all for, but you aren't quite using proper English. It truly makes it hard for people to quite understand what you might be saying.

Sorry about it, I edited to make it more clear and understandable. 
tldr: Just shared my ideas. He is not an engineer, he is a scientist. He probably have a big role in story. And I would be happy to see him in game.
English is not my first language. (Not second too lol)

Archived