Dried Kelp Frond is exceptional

Is Dried Kelp Frond an op Item for sanity other than Tam o Shanter?

Just consider non crockpot food it is really op. I am going to share my personal experience:

1. Only 3 days to regrow. Doesn't be affected by Seasons. Would be very great in Winter.

2. Just need 2 minutes to be dried in the Drying Rack.

3. Very long spoil time of 20 days. Meaning that you can restore sanity from it for 10 days.

4. Bull Kelp Stalks can be collected in high amount in Lunar Island. More than 30 can be found if fully explored.

5. Can be replanted near the base. Mushrooms, Cactuses and Flowers's (Natural that can respawn in Spring Rain) positions are fixed.

5. You can mass produce it. It will net increase when you just use it for restoring sanity and keep harvesting bull kelp. Also, as its spoil in 20 days, harvesting dried kelp frond will greatly increase its freshness. So you can have a stack of fresh dried bull kelp for a very long time.

Flowers are finite resources out of Spring except using Butterfly to plant (Can't respawn as that is artificial)

Cactus are fixed in that position and requires minimum 1 health to harvest.

Green Mushroom are fixed in that position, required to be harvested in Dawn or using axe to chop down. Deduct 1 health when consumed.

Dishes providing many sanity many need hunting, farming or using ice. May have risk or restricted by the seasons. Nonetheless, they may still be very great if you also need to regain health. All crockpot dishes spoil faster than Dried Kelp.

Disadvantages:

1. Can't be eaten by Wigfrid or Warly.

2. Need to be accessible to Lunar Island first.

3. Is advisable to build a lot of Drying Rack for it.

4. Drying process be disrupted in Spring.

Overall, Kelp Frond is very great that can be used to decrease sanity or increasing sanity. But Green Mushroom can be for greatly reducing sanity instead. Crockpot Dishes is greater when you need to restore both health or sanity and not only sanity.

Dried Kelp Frond can also be stored to use further in Crockpot. It lasts very long like Jerky but can't cook some foods that need high Vegetable Values. It may can be used with Monster meats and Bird Cage to craft very easy Pierogi. It may be beneficial to go to Lunar Island as soon as possible.

What do you guys think?

158.PNG

8 minutes ago, Mark2020 said:

Flowers are finite resources out of Spring except using Butterfly to plant (Can't respawn as that is artificial)

Green Mushroom are fixed in that position, required to be harvested in Dawn or using axe to chop down. Deduct 1 health when consumed.

Granted, Flowers do respawn via wild bees ( bees that have been bugnet'ed and taken away) but who is going to pick flowers aside from new players/early game?

Mushroom planters exist but they don't work in winter ( if on surface, they work in caves)

My only issue is that cacti doesn't respawn.

kelp became really strong after it became crock-potable

I prefered it the old way

dried kelp is balanced because of all the manual labor you have to do for each

for sanity I just bundle myself some ice creams for emergencies, and have some soothing tea forget-me-lots plots in a corner, since that one is ridiculously strong now for sanity

well, sanity is a joke, but that's beside the point

You have to first collect the kelp and then hang them up one by one and harvest them off off drying rack one by one, its a huge waste of time just for the sanity which is easier to replenish it thru bone helmet or any other way using bee queen helmet. Its definitely not op and not even effective,

9 hours ago, kerillian 1417 said:

You have to first collect the kelp and then hang them up one by one and harvest them off off drying rack one by one, its a huge waste of time just for the sanity which is easier to replenish it thru bone helmet or any other way using bee queen helmet. Its definitely not op and not even effective,

that's implying there's a bone helmet or queen helmet lying around in the first place.

kelp doesn't need you to take on 3-man bosses.

12 hours ago, Well-met said:

that's implying there's a bone helmet or queen helmet lying around in the first place.

kelp doesn't need you to take on 3-man bosses.

I mean sanity is minor issue in this game setting up a farm just for it is just inefficient but if u really want sanity this or green mushroom farm is ok, its just not op or efficient as host suggested

On 12/31/2020 at 10:28 AM, kerillian 1417 said:

Ah yes, killing two of the hardest raid bosses is easier than sailing to an island to grab some bull kelp.

Dried kelp is very good, but I won't consider it as op food item, since late game you can just make jelly salad from the lureplants that have been constantly appearing each spring, or ice cream from voat goat farm.

Killing Bee Queen and Ancient Fuelweaver is extremely difficult, they are clearly designed for multiplayer. The fact that you say it's easier to kill these bosses is just plain wrong. Not everyone is as good as you.

Archived