[Game Update] - 446029

• Developer

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a rare crash when Wavy Jones extinguishes fires.
  • Fixed a crash when toggling the movement prediction setting while using Wurt.
  • Restored the font quality for some unicode character ranges.
  • Fixed adding weaknesses to armors. This means that some armors now have the appropriate weakness to the Werebeaver’s attacks.

Note for modders:

• Armor:AddWeakness now works correctly.

View full update

• Like 22
  • Thanks 5
  • Health 1
  • Wavey 8

I do not understand these (armor stuffs) patch notes, but thank you for all the hard work everyone at Klei puts into these fixes.

And with just 3 days left till Christmas shouldn’t the only fix you guys be working on is fixing Christmas dinner? :wilson_love:

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

armor weaknes? whats that mean? i just say its mostly useless anyway and only pvp? that no one realy plays anyway but ok

I'm confused as well. I assume this was added for consistency sake. After all, if beaver is good for trees and treeguards, then it would make sense for it to chew through log suits as well.

If I didn't hate pvp in every game, then I could probably use it as some mega-brain strategy.

13 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

armor weaknes? whats that mean? i just say its mostly useless anyway and only pvp? that no one realy plays anyway but ok

Some mods may be using/have wanted to use this mechanic as a feature, so it's not entirely useless. I think it can be really neat in practice - some enemies could discourage/encourage the use of specific armor types.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

I could see it being used in the base game, too, to make the wigfrid helm meta shift to using a variety of armours for different encounters.

It's already a bit with Queen Bee's grumbles shredding non-bee keeper's hats' durabilities, but having damage penalties is definitely a more enticing factor.

Edited by CarlZalph
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

Fixed adding weaknesses to armors. This means that some armors now have the appropriate weakness to the Werebeaver’s attacks.

This is the type of updates that I not only enjoy due to their innovative nature, but also by how hilariously faithful they are to the lore! Of course the Werebeaver has an advantage when chewing a log suit over a marble suit :wilson_laugh:. I guess we can also expect the glass cutter to have modifiers when attacking someone with the night armour?  

Thank you Klei for the awesome content, and happy holidays!

• Like 3