Interactive emotes

21 minutes ago, mac and cheese said:

A hug emote would be good too.

abso-frickin-lutely. I wanna force hug everybody, especially the Slurpers and Dust Moths, but Deerclops deserver one too. He really needs it, with all of his anger issues

6 hours ago, Duck986 said:

Looks interesting, but how it will look in game?

Maybe one player could do the first part of the emote, and any other player could press a button to complete the other part of the emote.

Or if you don't like wordy-wording: Start the emote, other player comes up. Presses a button and completes it.

3 hours ago, DaZoul said:

abso-frickin-lutely. I wanna force hug everybody, especially the Slurpers and Dust Moths, but Deerclops deserver one too. He really needs it, with all of his anger issues

I meant hugging other players, but hugging mobs would be good too :wilson_dorky:

My original thought was that the emote would automatically target the closest person within whatever range (like with the Portal 2 co-op emotes) but having someone else manually complete it would probably be better to avoid annoying people.

7 hours ago, wons said:

just like in tf2 tho

Literally what I was thinking. I'd be a funny homage to Team Fortress 2 it they made a 'crossover emoji DLC pack' by adding all interactive emotes from TF2 to DST. High Five, Rock Paper Scissors, Square Dance, Flipping Eachother, Skull Bashing. Even the join-in ones like Conga line, Kazotski Kick and Mannrobics. Imagine all survivors forming a conga line behind Wilson, slowly moving towards their target in the forest

44 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Literally what I was thinking. I'd be a funny homage to Team Fortress 2 it they made a 'crossover emoji DLC pack' by adding all interactive emotes from TF2 to DST. High Five, Rock Paper Scissors, Square Dance, Flipping Eachother, Skull Bashing. Even the join-in ones like Conga line, Kazotski Kick and Mannrobics. Imagine all survivors forming a conga line behind Wilson, slowly moving towards their target in the forest

Yes please I want to do the kick and the Conga! :rolleyes:

14 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

i can imaging how new players slowsly conga their way to some dangerous places, like dragonfly lava pools, slowly walking into their death

ok ok it was a bit too cruel but seriously tho, i'd like to see some tf2 taunts get added into dst, especially high five so new players can high five after defeating deerclops for the first time for example

also Klei X Valve crossover actually existed, when DST was in early acces, everyone who bought early acces dst could get 2 dst related items in tf2 so i think there's a chance so it can actually happen

1 hour ago, wons said:

also Klei X Valve crossover actually existed, when DST was in early acces, everyone who bought early acces dst could get 2 dst related items in tf2 so i think there's a chance so it can actually happen

oh right, I remember the Hambat skin for the default melee weapon, it was quite a popular one actually, with characters, especially like scout beating others with a piece of meat. I think the other one was Wilson's Hair or smt?

I believe Don't Starve was  to also return the crossover by having Pyro as a playable character in the game? He had all the designs and tools ready in the files but didn't happen for some reason, perhaps due to Willow already filling the role of Resident pyromaniac or they didn't want to insert outsider characters into the lore.

Archived