Petition to Klei (Stone Fruit Bushes)

Reсent update added 2 books for Wickerbottom:

1. For "food" sources, with the limit of 10 plants.

2. For "resources" - with no limits for plants.

For some reason Stone fruit bushes defined as a "food" source so per 1 book usage u can grow up to 10 plants (for example birchnut trees defined as a "resource" so u can grow them unlimited ammounts).

Let`s be honest here: people used books to grow Stone fruit bushes for only one reason — to farm ROCKS. And latest update killed the best rock farm in the game (that can be used only in lategame).

My suggestion: tarnsfer Stone fruit bushes from "food" sources to "resources" (so they can work as twigs,grass and trees), considering following facts:

1. Stone fruits can`t be eaten directly (just like birchnuts).

2. To fully grow Stone fruit bush u need to read book twice.

3. New book resipe (2 papyrus + 1 living log) made this more "lategame" item than it was before.

4. This "farming" works good only with "sprouting stone fruits" (wich requires even more time to get").

5. Growing Stone fruit bushes via book reasonable only to get rocks or "sprouting stone fruits" (it`s obviously not food).

So, Let`s make Stone fruit bushes great again! (like/up if agree)

"For some reason Stone fruit bushes defined as a "food" source" - That would be because they are a food source, a very good one at that.

The entire point of the changes and nerfs was so that Wickers book can't be abused to gain ridiculous amounts of food (this is clear from the fact that the fix they provided gives you one book for non-edible plants and one for edible ones). If Stone Fruit can still be abused with the book the same as before then you don't really even need to do veggie/fruit farming do you? Just live off Stone Fruits instead.

All these new changes are clearly trying to change the food meta. Pretty sure that Stone Fruits are even getting a nerf to make them take longer to grow. Allowing Stone Fruit to be abused for food would literally be the opposite of what it seems like they are trying to achieve.

Edit: Also wait a second... stone fruit grows insanely fast on its own already... I get a huge amount of stones from them and I don't play Wicker.

Asking for a farm revert under the pretense of rocks. Clever but not so subtle. Looking at klei's recent tendencies I'd say the odds are in your favor too.

At this rate the book split will been for naught and we're straight back to square one. I think Klei should take a firmer stand on their decisions.

Just now, Ahad Ahmet Unal said:

maybe they can rework the bushes and give us something to farm rocks, i dont care about food when there are new and awesome ways to get food, i just need more rocks

There are planty ways of farming rocks. but the most efficient and the fastest one is via Stone fruit bushes.

1 minute ago, GelatinousCube said:

"For some reason Stone fruit bushes defined as a "food" source" - That would be because they are a food source, a very good one at that.

The entire point of the changes and nerfs was so that Wickers book can't be abused to gain ridiculous amounts of food (this is clear from the fact that the fix they provided gives you one book for non-edible plants and one for edible ones). If Stone Fruit can still be abused with the book the same as before then you don't really even need to do veggie/fruit farming do you? Just live off Stone Fruits instead.

All these new changes are clearly trying to change the food meta. Pretty sure that Stone Fruits are even getting a nerf to make them take longer to grow. Allowing Stone Fruit to be abused for food would literally be the opposite of what it seems like they are trying to achieve.

then maybe they can change stone fruits somehow like, if you read resource book they only give rocks but if u read food resource book they give stone fruit, or something like that you know

1 minute ago, sv_theking said:

There are planty ways of farming rocks. but the most efficient and the fastest one is via Stone fruit bushes.

can you make it more clear? like i am not going to collect rocks that earthquakes drop

2 minutes ago, Ahad Ahmet Unal said:

then maybe they can change stone fruits somehow like, if you read resource book they only give rocks but if u read food resource book they give stone fruit, or something like that you know

can you make it more clear? like i am not going to collect rocks that earthquakes drop

Petrified trees, antlion boulders, dragonfly lavaes etc

9 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

birchnuts are also food....

17 minutes ago, sv_theking said:

latest update killed the best rock farm in the game

Did it really or are you exaggerating wildly for no reason? If farming rocks via stone fruit bushes is that immense of a deal to you, you'll still figure out a way to make it work with the current changes. I believe in you. 

Stone fruit bushes have a super fast growth cycle without magic anyway, I stopped harvesting them in several of my worlds because I have too many rocks in my chests.

In my opinion they are meant to be a reward on their own for getting to the moon island, and currently work as intended.

You can also mass farm them with the new book just as it is, except not as efficiently or broken as before:

Spoiler

Read the book ONCE and wait a few seconds, it will complete it growth cycle on its own in just a few seconds. That’s 30 stone fruits per read, 150 per book. Still super strong, just not as OP

Reсent update added 2 books for Wickerbottom:

1. For "food" sources, with the limit of 10 plants.

2. For "resources" - with no limits for plants.

To be fair i don't really like this approach, would of been better to change it to 15 plants or just revert it completely.. 

Stone fruit bushes already have a ridiculously short growth time let alone the fact that you can plant more of them with saplings. Whereas many megabasers took issue with the Horticulture nerf on twigs/grass mainly because they take 3-4 days to grow, stone fruits grow in less than half that time (1-1.4 days). Even if stone fruits yielded no avocadoes and 100% rocks, I don't see any issues with getting plenty of rocks from these bushes without Horticulture. 

Stone fruit bushes are both things, resource and food. 

I guess it’s up to debate but I believe it is a lunar version of berry bushes, so basically it’s food with stones as a bonus. For the book’s sake it should be affected by the food book IMO. And even if you do not agree with this, it does supply veggies and the point of this change is to nerf OP veggies production so the farms have a place in the game.

Something similar happens with light bulbs, they are mostly a resource but they can be eaten (for 1hp only). I think they also should count as an edible since technically they are. 

tbh:

- Lunar Fruit Bushes are grown for both food and rocks, but I certainly see people farming them for the latter, not the former.

- Lunar fruit bushes already have an aforementioned fast fruit production rate sans Applied Horticulture.

- apart from the great quantities of boulders you'll get in the mainland and caves for way less effort, time and resources than it takes to go to the lunar island, grab some stone fruits, plant them, fertilize them and mass farm them, there's also petrified trees which appear en masse in the late game and only need a stray Bearger to fully harvest

therefore, in my opinion, Lunar Fruit Trees are fine and do not warrant the reversal of Klei's decision to nerf Wicker's food production ability.

-I'd still consider stone fruit a food cause of the easy veggies the extra rocks are nice and If I really need more rocks I just go mine the petrified forest with Bearger
-maybe I don't quite understand I don't play Wickerbottom much I don't find long term reason to play her even with the plant books but honestly even without AH they grow pretty damn fast and besides it's not like AH is completely useless I would think it's still plausible anyways I'm a Webber Main 
-although it would be nice if they did decide to increase it from 10 plants maybe to 15 or 20 just as I said I don't find any long term reason to play Wickerbottom therefore I don't find her "fun"

2 hours ago, sv_theking said:

Let`s be honest here: people used books to grow Stone fruit bushes for only one reason — to farm ROCKS.

as much as i value the previous ability to produce hundreds of rocks in seconds, i'm not going to pretend that it's the only reason people use the book when farming stone fruits. i think it's safe to say that stone fruits are among one of the most popular food sources, especially in public servers. it doesn't quite make sense from a game development standpoint to create a inconsistency for the sake of farming lots of resources, especially in the context in which people will be farming it for food instead

To be honest... GetNerfedOn has a great point. I personally think the best way to farm rocks in late game are petrified forests and bearger. Stone fruit tree already grows very fast, even in a dedicated community server. True, getting food and rocks at the same time is pretty convenient, but mining petrified trees isn't as time-consuming as picking grass and twigs, espc if you have bearger and clops. I am not sure if Antlion can cause petrified trees to break apart XD (never saw it). If there's not enough rocks, caves have a lot (and also earthquakes). The only thing is someone has to mine them.

Klei's decision on the two books of Wicker (a moderate approach) already upset a lot of "Must Nerf Wicker" players who insisted their way is the truth and correct. If the stone fruit bush nerf is reversed, they will surely riot. Granted, from reading their posts and points, I don't think they understand the joy and pain of playing in a dedicated comm server.

5 minutes ago, meowswing said:

To be honest... GetNerfedOn has a great point. I personally think the best way to farm rocks in late game are petrified forests and bearger. Stone fruit tree already grows very fast, even in a dedicated community server. True, getting food and rocks at the same time is pretty convenient, but mining petrified trees isn't as time-consuming as picking grass and twigs, espc if you have bearger and clops. I am not sure if Antlion can cause petrified trees to break apart XD (never saw it). If there's not enough rocks, caves have a lot (and also earthquakes). The only thing is someone has to mine them.

Klei's decision on the two books of Wicker (a moderate approach) already upset a lot of "Must Nerf Wicker" players who insisted their way is the truth and correct. If the stone fruit bush nerf is reversed, they will surely riot. Granted, from reading their posts and points, I don't think they understand the joy and pain of playing in a dedicated comm server.

what is late game for you?

mine starts at ~5000 days..

4 minutes ago, sv_theking said:

what is late game for you?

mine starts at ~5000 days..

That's incredible, I have to say. I am not a veteran player, so none of my worlds have gone to that number. I am at around 1300 days.

I am really curious too, what would you need so much rocks for, that even caves and petrified trees couldn't supply enough rocks? (This is not sarcastic, I really wanted to know, so I maybe can prepare myself XD).

Just now, meowswing said:

I am really curious too, what would you need so much rocks for, that even caves and petrified trees couldn't supply enough rocks? (This is not sarcastic, I really wanted to know, so I maybe can prepare myself XD).

When you get 5000+ days into a world, the focus changes from just surviving, to generating your own fun. They probably need that many rocks because they're working on a project of sorts

Just now, DrMcGillacactus said:

When you get 5000+ days into a world, the focus changes from just surviving, to generating your own fun. They probably need that many rocks because they're working on a project of sorts

Yah, I would like to know what kind of projects. Tbh when you are in 1000+ you usually are doing things for fun already, because survival is unlikely a problem. As a megabaser myself, I like to expand my horizons with new ideas.

Archived