c r e e p y p a s t a s

one time I was playing don't starve, and it was 3am and I was everything was normal. And so I was walking around and I came across a pig village, BUT! all the pigs had black eyes and they were shouting at me to "LEAVE!" and so I was very afraid and run away and they chased me, I screamed but, when I looked at them they were REALISTIC and blood was pouring out of their eyes!

so I went into the caves to escape them, but when I went down it wasn't the caves it was Maxwell and he was sitting on the trhown. He told me "you shouldn't have come here...." he told me he was actually a real person who was trapped inside the game, the game crashed and there was a scary image of his face, I tried to load up the game again but it was deleted.

this is real and actually happened, you have to believe me.

I was playing DST the other day, and I realized something really strange... have you guys ever examined a thermal measurer before? The quote changes sometimes based on the temperature around. Sometimes your character will say something like "It's freezing!" or something like that when examining it. I sit in the base a lot during winter because I just kinda wanna chill, so I found myself examining the thermal measurer a lot. Every so often, though...wurt would say something like this...

dontstarve_steam_1mGgYeJplg.png.da8b7910c3ebd535c78bae0368f3d34a.png

It was really creepy because I didn't really have any quote-effecting mods on and, I could have sworn, for a moment, my webcam turned on a moment earlier....Has anyone else experienced it? I imagine it hasn't been seen before, simply because nobody really builds thermal measurers anymore... 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know this is the DST forum, but I think it's sufficiently creepy enough to go on a Real Spooky Stories thread regardless of the actual game. A couple weeks ago I was playing Shipwrecked and I had looted one of those floating suitcases, and I got one of those "Brain Cloud Pills". I was wondering if it had any actual trade value with like, the pig king or something later down the line, so I kept it for a pretty long time in my inventory....I eventually made some chests because I didn't want my stuff to go all over the place when Hurricane season started, and thats when I noticed, that the Right mouse text had changed from "Examine", to "Eat"?  

dontstarve_steam_aH8mKPbLFB.png.f80e381a248a9db53a41fa43b282475b.png

image.png.62ff6cc3c449e51865213ca3ec1a4ffc.png

I had no idea what to do with it, I thought maybe I had a mod that made it only edible when it was wet?? Either way, I ended up eating it, and when I did, the most terrible sound came from my computer and it shut off nearly instantly after. My fan ran so hard that it seemed like my computer was smoking! needless to say, I didn't really want to play DS anymore. Has anyone else encountered this???? Try to get yourself wet while holding a brain cloud pill, and see what happens when you eat it. Try at your own risk, though!

So ive been alerted to this and just wanna say i admire what you doing, im the guy who did the wilsonbrine post, so safe to say im a PRETTY big deal around here. all of my creative efforts went into that one forum post so ill do my duty and post it here.
https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/118307-strange-things-happening-in-my-single-player-world/?tab=comments#comment-1334302

Anyways, im pretty amazing.

Not long ago what I'm going to tell you happened to some friends... It was a normal game, everything in its place... they were surviving very well ... until "HE" came into the game ... asking where is the base?... but no matter how much they point him to where he was. he was still lost... Soon night came and another player went to look for him and no matter how much they asked him where he was, the stranger was only indignant to ask "where is the base?" 

So they left him to his own devices and many days passed until they decided to quit the game since they had killed the dragonfly... but the stranger keeps asking... where is the base? until one of the survivors saw the stranger's marker appear on the map... but when they got closer he died and they disconnected almost at the same time... in their inventory there were various things from the base... when they returned to it... everything was in ruins... all the food eaten and poor Chester dead...

2 minutes ago, Xanadu2003 said:

So ive been alerted to this and just wanna say i admire what you doing, im the guy who did the wilsonbrine post, so safe to say im a PRETTY big deal around here. all of my creative efforts went into that one forum post so ill do my duty and post it here.
https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/118307-strange-things-happening-in-my-single-player-world/?tab=comments#comment-1334302

Anyways, im pretty amazing.

just when i finished writing my story i saw your post ... i feel like a cheap copycat ... :wilson_cry:

4 hours ago, WhackE said:

one time I was playing don't starve, and it was 3am and I was everything was normal. And so I was walking around and I came across a pig village, BUT! all the pigs had black eyes and they were shouting at me to "LEAVE!" and so I was very afraid and run away and they chased me, I screamed but, when I looked at them they were REALISTIC and blood was pouring out of their eyes!

so I went into the caves to escape them, but when I went down it wasn't the caves it was Maxwell and he was sitting on the trhown. He told me "you shouldn't have come here...." he told me he was actually a real person who was trapped inside the game, the game crashed and there was a scary image of his face, I tried to load up the game again but it was deleted.

this is real and actually happened, you have to believe me.

No, no, no, not just realistic, HYPER REALISTIC

One day I generated an one player world, so nobody could enter my game and talking about where is base. I just hate those guys, nevermind.
I was on day 7 or 8, i don't remember, a person with name of BOB joined my game. I just got crazy bc probably i forgot to make it an alone world. I just didn't wanted to regenerate the world, so i asked him to exit from game. He didn't said anything and picked wes. I said, yeah that's just going to worse and i pressed tab key to kick him. When I look at the player number i saw something strange. That was ?/? Players and my world name turned something arabic. Then this wes start to spamming me with arabic texts. I just pissed of and said "Why was that tons of hotfixes for?". Then I exit from game and complained about Wurt on forum, like I do everytime. Like five minutes later a new mod pop up on mods page, it was nice one, about removing wurt from game. I subbed it and joined game to see it. I entered host page to giving it a try but my old world was removed. That was strange. I just generated a new world but this time I disabled connection for another wes spammer. Wurt wasn't exist, that was nice, but that guy named BOB rejoined. I just freaked up. I asked him, "Who are you". He just spammed arabic text like he send me before. He was wandering around and turns everything to the baloons. I asked him "How did you do that?" and my computer start to slow down. I looked at FPS, i was got 15, that was terrifying. Than I looked at ping, I got medium ping. That wasn't that bad, I saw worse. Then i take a screenshot and computer crashed. I sell my cursed computer to an old woman and after a week this woman died on his house, with a baloon on her hand... just kidding last part is fake. Still using same computer.

Here is the screenshot. This picture may contain sensitive contents. Click it in your own risk

Spoiler

image.png.1373ceddeb1feb6e23c47ee1fa1fa034.png

I have been warned omg, screenshot before it's get remove 0-0 %100 realimage.png.3ac665de0f7124c88d4d338e666de681.png

27 minutes ago, Slagger said:

One day I generated an one player world, so nobody could enter my game and talking about where is base. I just hate those guys, nevermind.
I was on day 7 or 8, i don't remember, a person with name of BOB joined my game. I just got crazy bc probably i forgot to make it an alone world. I just didn't wanted to regenerate the world, so i asked him to exit from game. He didn't said anything and picked wes. I said, yeah that's just going to worse and i pressed tab key to kick him. When I look at the player number i saw something strange. That was ?/? Players and my world name turned something arabic. Then this wes start to spamming me with arabic texts. I just pissed of and said "Why was that tons of hotfixes for?". Then I exit from game and complained about Wurt on forum, like I do everytime. Like five minutes later a new mod pop up on mods page, it was nice one, about removing wurt from game. I subbed it and joined game to see it. I entered host page to giving it a try but my old world was removed. That was strange. I just generated a new world but this time I disabled connection for another wes spammer. Wurt wasn't exist, that was nice, but that guy named BOB rejoined. I just freaked up. I asked him, "Who are you". He just spammed arabic text like he send me before. He was wandering around and turns everything to the baloons. I asked him "How did you do that?" and my computer start to slow down. I looked at FPS, i was got 15, that was terrifying. Than I looked at ping, I got medium ping. That wasn't that bad, I saw worse. Then i take a screenshot and computer crashed. I sell my cursed computer to an old woman and after a week this woman died on his house, with a baloon on her hand...

Here is the screenshot. This picture may contain sensitive contents. Click it in your own risk

Hide contents

image.png.1373ceddeb1feb6e23c47ee1fa1fa034.png

I have been warned omg, screenshot before it's get remove 0-0 %100 realimage.png.3ac665de0f7124c88d4d338e666de681.png

well thats really odd. fake or not what the arabic guy says is just weird he says 

"i need to clean myself"

im not kidding either thats what he said 

True Story: I once joined a game as my favorite character Wendy and I did not pay attention to the other players character choices, I wandered around for hours doing my own thing without asking “Where is Base?” then I eventually discover the location of Base... and am quite shocked that the other 5 players in the server were all WILSON & ALL of Them were in Base & I (the Wendy) was the last to base.

I woke up at midnight once. I saw a shadow in my room.
I glanced and it was a strange man with a white mask and messy hair. During the night my pigman friend got lost in the woods and never returned. Sightings of "Wes" and mysterious disappearances increased, day after day...

12 hours ago, stranger again said:

well thats really odd. fake or not what the arabic guy says is just weird he says 

"i need to clean myself"

im not kidding either thats what he said 

How dare you even entertain the idea that it would even potentially be possible for that story to even have a chance of being anything other than the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

Although the following story may seem unbelivable, it is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. So let us start the story. 

It was midnight, i was sleeping in the tent of my base while everyone else are sleeping in their fur rolls as i was the Host. Except for wicker who slept with her eyes wide open with a bowl, that i suspect was once filled with soup made of the dead body of crazy and wild root with some twigs to give it some Crunch. 

Suddenly, i hear a sound, a sound that can invoke fear to anyone. Sounds of creaking. Sounds of munching. Sounds of swallowing . Sounds of creaking gates. Sounds of destruction.

I was scared. I was frightend. But, i was curious. I have heard the saying the curiousity killed the catcoon but I was too curious for my own good. 

I move quietly, move stealthily with my trusty salt lamp from my.... Pockets . I realised those sounds came from the kitchen. Could it be warly making some jello for us in the future with some spices ? Or could it be some hungry boi starving and wanted to eat some balls of meat ? 

As i move closer and closer towards the kitchen, i saw footprints. Footprints like a frog, having 3 toes with toepads. I assume it was Wurt cooking up some ratatoulie but as I look closer, the footprints doesn't show the webbed feet that Wurt have. Who could it be? 

I continue to search for the source of that scary noise. Then I saw its shadow, it was a humanoid shadow, like the one who watches us in the dark but it was not him. Who else could it be? As i observed closer, i notice the shadow seems disfigured as if there were few body parts missing from him. Must be my eyes playing tricks on me i thought as i move closer to the source. 

Under the spot light that mechanic woman was adjusting this morning, i saw the figure. He looks like a broken robot puppet, broken wires could be seen coming out of its head. Gears could also be seen though it seems to be missing  some of them.

I looked around the area. Under the dim light, I saw wooden boards and the items that were once stored all over the chest area nearby with a moleworm taking this opportunity to steal some of the minerals among the mess. 

I looked back at the figure again, it was holding a hammer and a few doodads and cut stone that wasn't there initially could be seen with the icebox. Then it tilted its head slowly at me while it was munching on something.

I was shooked, I mean shocked. If i could rollback, I would have choose not to investigate. It was a WX-78. One that is disfigured, with broken wires and missing gears, one hand holding his broken metal shell containing the icebox and his missing gears, the other holding a hammer. He was munching the gears while standing there and looking at me. MENACINGLY. As if he is going to banish me out of the Constant for knowing too much. 

So out of fear I subconciously disconnect, and when i Host the world again, i did not see him ever again. When i rollback the crime scene still remains, no matter how many times I do so, It is still the scene. As if warning me, that he showed me mercy and spared me and if I choose to speak the truth, I will be like one of those gears and disappear. 

Wait what is happening, my phone, it is glitching out. Ahhhhhhh....... 

Archived