Deerclops Skeleton— Foreshadowing or Throwaway?

Ever since the trailer dropped, I've naturally been hung on a what seems to be an inconsequential detail.Skeleton.thumb.png.593761e4542667d23fb342334250ecb8.png
Now first and foremost this is AWESOME, but I can't help but wonder if this is merely a neat transition or perhaps alluding to something in the future? I'm getting really prominent flashbacks to when people were advocating for a Lunar Deerclops once we got the Moonrock Pengulls & Horror Hounds (yes, I know Klei didn't chose to continue in this direction).

Very high chances this is nothing, but what do you guys think?

10 hours ago, Zeklo said:

Ever since the trailer dropped, I've naturally been hung on a what seems to be an inconsequential detail.Skeleton.thumb.png.593761e4542667d23fb342334250ecb8.png
Now first and foremost this is AWESOME, but I can't help but wonder if this is merely a neat transition or perhaps alluding to something in the future? I'm getting really prominent flashbacks to when people were advocating for a Lunar Deerclops once we got the Moonrock Pengulls & Horror Hounds (yes, I know Klei didn't chose to continue in this direction).

Very high chances this is nothing, but what do you guys think?

Yes you have to fight deerclops on the island as new boss ofc.

The next update's teaser is called Fee Fi Fo Thumb. Which is definitely a Jack & the Beanstalk reference.
And we see a giant's skeleton here.

Sure, it's probably nothing, but for all I know we'll get a Lunar Plant Infested Skeleton Deerclops.

It's fun to think about at least.

26 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

Sure, it's probably nothing, but for all I know we'll get a Lunar Plant Invested Skeleton Deerclops.

With the power of apophenia, I remember the grass-flavored Reanimated skeleton. We could probably have a similar thing with deerclops.

I've been thinking about this a lot as well. A lunar deerclops could potentially be super cool and interesting, even if I don't believe it'll be happening.

But even if it's not really something that is likely to happen, it's still an awesome detail, I'm a sucker for this kind of stuff.

19 hours ago, Freshness said:

I've been thinking about this a lot as well. A lunar deerclops could potentially be super cool and interesting, even if I don't believe it'll be happening.

But even if it's not really something that is likely to happen, it's still an awesome detail, I'm a sucker for this kind of stuff.

While it might not happen in the vanilla game, you might see a mod for it eventually.

Think I've waited long enough to remind the people in this thread that drowning bosses like the Deerclops was a thing early on with the boats when they would hop on with you. 

In other words, don't read into it, it's more likely than not Klei just acknowledging player ingenuity that they had to go in and patch out.

On 10/23/2020 at 1:03 AM, Zeklo said:

The next update's teaser is called Fee Fi Fo Thumb. Which is definitely a Jack & the Beanstalk reference.
And we see a giant's skeleton here.

Sure, it's probably nothing, but for all I know we'll get a Lunar Plant Infested Skeleton Deerclops.

It's fun to think about at least.

I'm guessing because Jack grew the beanstalk like a crop, and because the crops you grow in the update can become "giant."

Archived