Ancient kiln crockpot skin

Make the Ancient Kiln a crockpot skin.  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Ancient kiln skin.

This is my first poll so sorry if its messed up, just a yes or no question if you would like this as a crock pot skin..   Simply a yes or no on this as a skin, Personally I think it would be awesome, most of the other crock pots are round, but this one has the squares that is very different and could be cool.
(sorry the lighting isn't great i was going insane)328118048_ScreenShot2020-10-15at5_33_11PM.png.592e1b3de55e167f722d414fa20cde6a.png

EDIT: heres a better image from instant-noodles

Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 2.46.59 PM.png

I don’t know really, if this is supposed to be an important set piece towards the games lore, like a rare thing you stumble upon and be like “Well this is what they used? Cool..”

But if every player in the game bought such a skin and was placing these frequently and commonly- Then when you find them down in their legit biomes they wouldn’t have their  “Wow” Factor.

Youll either think another player came through the area placing them, or they ran through with a clean Sweep changing the looks lol

It is no doubt cool looking though :) 

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

when when you find them down in their legit biomes they wouldn’t have their  “Wow” Factor.

Yeah that makes sense.

I really like these because of how blocky they are, since all the other crock pot skins are smooth, maybe we could get something that isn't this exactly, but something else thats blocky.

Personally I would say no. I think itd be confusing for the ancient kiln and a skin of the crockpot to look the same. Of course there are the Forge skins but the forge items are in their own special little game mode, the ancient kiln meanwhile is in the vanilla game.

By the way I'm really hoping we get a way to craft ancient kilns, they are hammer able which means if you destroy them all they are gone forever.

2 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Personally I would say no. I think itd be confusing for the ancient kiln and a skin of the crockpot to look the same. Of course there are the Forge skins but the forge items are in their own special little game mode, the ancient kiln meanwhile is in the vanilla game.

By the way I'm really hoping we get a way to craft ancient kilns, they are hammer able which means if you destroy them all they are gone forever.

Matheus Puzzle Chest is exacly the same as the skin. It's totally possible to be a skin. I actually think it makes total sense, just like the walls being Stone and Thul Walls skins.

The kiln itself can be used to something different that a normal crockpot can't, just like the matheus puzzle is different from a normal chest.

Anyway, this is just my two cents ;)

I put maybe mostly because that if these kilns turn out to have a greater use, making them a skin could lead to people putting "fake" ones.

If the kilns really are just ruins crock pots, then I would love having them as a skin, but say if you need to put a specific recipe in each one or something. And someone spends an hour trying to do it but not getting it to work only to realize one of the kilns is just a normal crockpot with the skin.

It's a very small and rare issue. But people already ban willow from servers just because she can burn stuff down like all other characters.

It doesnt have to be the exact same sprite but a crockpot skin that is inspired by the kiln would be super neat. The thul shadow manipulator is one of my favorite skins and i love all the new art in the ancient archive. I really want more thul/ancient themed skins for a complete ancient themed base 

Especially a lantern skin that is inspired by the chandeliers/moonstone technology 

nix on an identical skin. it doesnt feel very nice to have two different items that look the same that can also be used in the same place, yanno? though i would be pleased if there was a thul crockpot, maybe like a combination tureen and thul wall with that drippy/lumpy texture and broadness?

7 hours ago, Lbphero said:

i'd like, like, an ancient kiln Inspired skin, but not the ancient kiln by itself. I want it to be special!

yes to this and what some others have said. 

the point about the ancient chest skin is good, as I love that one, but still. I think it should be special to its place in the caves. 

Like unless the Kiln gets some special use tied to it, I don't see an issue with it being a skin.

Heck, as said, the Ancient Chest has a use, and it still has a skin variants. It's just a nice art asset with easy skin potentially. Otherwise it's that really neat looking object in that one distant location you'll only ever (maybe) return to for the Dust Moths—which I haven't even seen gen next to the Kiln.

Seems like a waste imo.

On 10/16/2020 at 3:13 PM, GLERMZ said:

Matheus Puzzle Chest is exacly the same as the skin

It actually, despite looking very similar, is not the same skin. 
image.png.2662653733fae04cb8bd2d24648b5ede.png
Compared to the actual chest (which is left), the skinned chest has a different belt design, while also having a different centerpiece. It's a bit difficult to notice, but it actually is a pretty good distinguish between the two.

As for wanting the Crockpot/wall skins themselves, I absolutely want them, even if they get minor tweaks like the metheus ones did. I think it would be really neat, especially since the ancient set is by far my favorite and there is only two skins that are in it currently. In addition, it's also easy to tell which one is real or not via looking at them with the mouse (any skin will always show the base item when hovering over it, while the actual items say their actual names).

Archived