a Creature players "fear"

I was terribly scared of every single hostile mob I encountered in game. I knew Deerclops existed before I ever had to encounter him, but I still get spooked when I hear him approaching. 

Don't starve did a great job with making the mobs scary and interesting looking at the same time. Come one, treeguards design can seem simple but it's genius- and you wouldn't believe how scared I was when I first spawned Quacken. The fear factor is there, people just got used to all that. As a fairly new player I can absolutely confirm that Klei did a great job scaring me. Multiple times. Too many to count. 

And they still scare me. Have you seen the creatures in this game? Jesus. 

To be honest, the creatures I fear the most in DST are Wilsons: They can be horrifying creatures who don't do any work at all but instead do terrifying things which includes using a torch to cook the food in the crock pot, continuously adding fuel to a Fire Pit located next to a Dwarf Star or an active Ice Flingomatic, grabbing the most precious armor to tank shadows, eating 40 Meatballs or Jellybeans to restore their sanity (which in most cases they lost from holding a Dark Sword), and many other things. They keep begging for everything and instead of gathering loot they just grab whatever's located in the base. But at the end they'll never ever do anything besides sitting in the base, until they get bored and leave with all their obtained loot. But I can't just kick them for no reason, and once they start it's in most cases already too late.

Creatures like Bunnymen, Merms, Splumonkeys, Bee Queen, Dragonfly, etc. are on the other hand less terrifying: They are doing their job like they're supposed to do and keep providing me with food or other useful ressources. That's why I enjoy it to settle with them.

1 hour ago, Viktor234 said:

To be honest, the creatures I fear the most in DST are Wilsons: They can be horrifying creatures who don't do any work at all but instead do terrifying things which includes using a torch to cook the food in the crock pot, continuously adding fuel to a Fire Pit located next to a Dwarf Star or an active Ice Flingomatic, grabbing the most precious armor to tank shadows, eating 40 Meatballs or Jellybeans to restore their sanity (which in most cases they lost from holding a Dark Sword), and many other things. They keep begging for everything and instead of gathering loot they just grab whatever's located in the base. But at the end they'll never ever do anything besides sitting in the base, until they get bored and leave with all their obtained loot. But I can't just kick them for no reason, and once they start it's in most cases already too late.

Creatures like Bunnymen, Merms, Splumonkeys, Bee Queen, Dragonfly, etc. are on the other hand less terrifying: They are doing their job like they're supposed to do and keep providing me with food or other useful ressources. That's why I enjoy it to settle with them.

I... I thought the Wilsons were just legends

Hmm.. not sure about adding in ridiculously powerful monsters, but I'm all for some more horrifying, grotesque creatures to creep me out!

But nothing remotely jumpscare-y, please. I honestly cannot handle things suddenly popping up on my screen... I already flinch whenever Pengulls leap out of the water and birds fly too close to the camera. :C

2 minutes ago, mac and cheese said:

Hmm.. not sure about adding in ridiculously powerful monsters, but I'm all for some more horrifying, grotesque creatures to creep me out!

But nothing remotely jumpscare-y, please. I honestly cannot handle things suddenly popping up on my screen... I already flinch whenever Pengulls leap out of the water and birds fly too close to the camera. :C

Nothing jumpscare-y, just something that sends shivers down your spine 

5 hours ago, WebberMain said:

If we will see Them,true Them,i want them to be terryfing.Like for real,take the pengulls,and push it to a completely new level.Just something that makes you hide in terror,because to me,that´s Them.Twisted terryfing gods.

Something like this?:

Spoiler

10 hours ago, minespatch said:

Something like this?:

Reveal hidden contents

Nah, i would stick to something like this

Spoiler

main-qimg-d87caf829be22e0a0abdcd917a8b3c

For those that don´t know,this abomination is one of the accurate depictions of biblical angels.Not those guys with wings but those...things.Fun fact:biblical depictions of angels were used as inspiration for Lovecraft´s very own monsters

15 minutes ago, WebberMain said:

Nah, i would stick to something like this

Hide contents

main-qimg-d87caf829be22e0a0abdcd917a8b3c

For those that don´t know,this abomination is one of the accurate depictions of biblical angels.Not those guys with wings but those...things.Fun fact:biblical depictions of angels were used as inspiration for Lovecraft´s very own monsters

moon boss should be something like that or yog sothoth but something with eyes xD

Archived