I accidentally unraveled my only elegant wilson head :(

The only Elegant Head (besides the weavable ones) I had for Wilson was the Triumphant and I somehow accidentally unraveled it.

I feel so stupid and disappointed and sad.

please console me with stupid things you have done unintentionally so I can feel better.

I am actually kinda tearing up because I feel so much disappointment.

I’ve unraveled things I wanted to keep.. because back then you “locked Onto” skins you were looking at even after you’ve moved on to look at something else, what I thought was going to be a pair of my 15 million brown loafer shoes, turned out being something I only had one of.

I don’t even remember what that item was it’s been so long- but I know it was heartbreaking enough that I didn’t ever attempt to play DST again until Klei released the first RoT update.

1 hour ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Remember to tune in for the Wilson rework on Novermber 2021 =D

But we can't get the original skins again? Just the reworked ones once we get a character refresh? I almost never get elegant drops and when I do it is a duplicate of something I can weave. But I have not had a Triumphant skin drop in over a year. This was one of my few, precious elegant head skins.

I think I will just delete the game i am so disappointed in myself. I don't have anyone to play with anyway, so no great loss to the community I suppose. This whole year is just sucking the life out of me and I just added to it be being an idiot.

I lost an Adventure Mode run after almost everything in world 1 was in place because I ate raw monster meat. I also wanted to get a screenshot of a floating barrel in Shipwrecked so I console teleported to it from land and accidentally drowned Walani.

(That said, though, the skin is like a dollar on the Steam market...)

No one can really prevent you from no longer playing the game if that what you want to do that’s entirely on you- but the reason I started playing this as heavily as I have been lately is because each month Klei updates the game with new content.

And while personally I may dislike the rework they made of Wigfrid- They also didn’t take anything away from playing her the Old Way... and I can still play Pre-Rework Wigfrid and dream of how much better she could’ve been. But- Maybe Wigfrids Rework just wasn’t content that was Aimed towards my playstyle (that can actually happen sometimes you know?) Even though I feel they missed the mark with this update- Theres still more updates coming, Wigfrids song notes may not be something I care for, But I bet you they’ll make up for that with some cool Hallowed Nights skins.

Hallowed Nights May not be everyone’s thing.. but it is MY Thing, and it’s the one time out of the whole calendar year I look most forward to, I also almost equally enjoy WintersFeast too... (seems fitting for a game that the Internet calls Tim Burton’s Minecraft.)

Maybe Wigfrids refresh doesn’t feel as “Refreshed” as all the other refreshes because content Wigfrid is supposed to work Best with ISN’T in the game yet? I don’t Know.. and only Klei can possibly know that.. Or maybe they wanted to do Wigfrids rework as quickly and as close to safe as possible- So they can shift all their focus on “Forgetten Knowledge” Update?

Either Way... If your looking for a reason to keep playing- Free Monthly content updates, no matter how big or Small those updates are.. Klei still tries to give us something to enjoy and look forward to each month.

Content updates may eventually stop- But for now I’ll eagerly look forward to whatever Klei puts out each month, (even if it ends up being content I dislike, that content is still designed for SOMEONE.. and Someone out there will enjoy it.)

Unbiased opinions are a good thing to have :) you have to expand your thoughts beyond just your own and think of everyone else’s thoughts, I was raised to think of what other people might feel, and to choose my words carefully..

I know some of the posts I’ve made over the past 24 hours may have made Klei devs a little sad to see- and I’m truly sorry for that, but I can’t lie and say I throughly enjoy the update.. when I Don’t.

But as I said- Maybe it wasn’t something I was meant to enjoy, that doesn’t mean that someone else isn’t absolutely in love with it.

If you really want to quit the game, ain’t nobody gonna stop you.. but at least give Klei the credit and praise they deserve for trying to provide monthly content updates to give us something new to play with each month, you don’t see many game companies do that- And it’s clearly drawn fresh life into the game for many players.

What are you talking about @Mike23Ua? monthly updates have nothing to do with me foolishly unraveling a skin.

Let me be more clear: I have been playing since the beginning, I even have the bottomless pit on my Steam account. Just my poor crappy laptop just can't handle DST or any game anymore. So until I get a new PC I am playing on console. I am lamenting a very rare head skin that I liked a great deal that cannot be replaced because it no longer drops and I cannot just buy it like on Steam. I fail to see how anything I said has to do with Wigfrid's refresh or not appreciating the Klei devs?

13 minutes ago, hkhm said:

thanks for letting me know it's no big deal and I should just get over it. that's a great comfort.

Have you tried private messaging a dev about it? Sometimes they are nice enough to revert your mistakes and restore items you “accidentally” delete.

But the devs are also making sure players are honest about that- so they Make sure you don’t “Accidentally” claim to unravel something and then Weave Wortox with the spools you got through Unraveling that item, thinking they’ll restore your item and you’ll get Wortox free.

(people are scummy, & I’m not saying that you are scummy.. I’m just saying please don’t be one of those people.) 

If your case is honest & you ask them nicely Klei staff may reverse the changes to your account.

But to say that your going to quit playing the game, implies that you didn’t care to still play in the first place.

We’ve all accidentally unraveled something we wanted to keep, but instead of coming here to complain about it.. most of us just shrug it off, and move on in hopes we can re-obtain that rare drop again someday.

I literally had no idea I could message a dev and ask them to reverse it as I have never accidentally unraveled something before.

I don't even know who to ask.

please don't assume my motives with comments like "But to say that your going to quit playing the game, implies that you didn’t care to still play in the first place." I do care to play it is just that I am terribly upset about losing something that was precious and every time I log in and see it is gone I feel crappy all over again.

Also suggesting that I am "complaining" rather than lamenting seems a bit harsh. I am glad your life is so great you can shrug stuff off so easily, perhaps you should try a little empathy for someone having a hard time lately instead of coming to them when they feel low and telling them to "shrug it off".

I've missed several good Twitch drops, all of the Year of the X skins, along with the Valentines and April Fools skins. All Loyal Tier.

I can get none of them besides the circus ones that I honestly don't care much for. I regret missing out on all those great skins and I can't even buy them. All because I was too lazy to log in once during those times.

11 minutes ago, CameoAppearance said:

Since when do the Triumphant skins no longer drop? That's a concerning statement.

I could be completely wrong but I never got another triumphant drop after the character refreshes started coming out and everything started to become weavable. there are the Original skins which are Heirloom and the weavable ones. I was under the impression that the originals could not drop anymore. But let's be real, even if they do I will probably not see one again anytime soon (if ever) waiting for console drops.

19 minutes ago, hkhm said:

I could be completely wrong but I never got another triumphant drop after the character refreshes started coming out and everything started to become weavable. there are the Original skins which are Heirloom and the weavable ones. I was under the impression that the originals could not drop anymore. But let's be real, even if they do I will probably not see one again anytime soon (if ever) waiting for console drops.

They still drop, you're just getting unlucky.

4 hours ago, hkhm said:

You're right about the "Originals don't drop" part. Unfortunately Heirloom items are limited and basically endangered. But, lesser, Weaveable, Untradable, Unmarketable Elegant skins of the characters do still drop.

4 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

You're right about the "Originals don't drop" part. Unfortunately Heirloom items are limited and basically endangered. But, lesser, Weaveable, Untradable, Unmarketable Elegant skins of the characters do still drop.

I am confused.. what is the difference? There’s two different versions of the same Head skin... But one has higher value when unraveled for spools.

Since you can’t buy, sell or otherwise trade skins of any type amongst Console players.. the Rarity value only effects people on PC who can sell those skins on Steam Market place.

But for everyone else- (PS4, Xbox One) The rarity of your skins are only valid for the in-game trade inn to get a higher tier drop when trading 9 of the same item in the slot machine, and I don’t think you can trade those after a certain rarity value peak?

Which leaves- Unraveling it as your ONLY option.. if you wanted the skin for its looks- there’s two different versions of it one with lesser rarity value, but as I just explained: Rarity is Meaningless for a Console player beyond spool Unravel Value.

Archived