I accidentally unraveled my only elegant wilson head :(

5 minutes ago, hkhm said:

So, if I could ask someone here who has knowledge of such things: if I were to contact a Klei dev and ask them if a restoration is possible, who would I contact and how would I do such?

My guess would be to submit a request via Contact on the top of the page under General Klei Contact Form? Either that or sending an @ to one of the devs or sending one of them a DM? They're very friendly people, so I'm certain they won't bite. :wilson_love:

8 minutes ago, hkhm said:

So, if I could ask someone here who has knowledge of such things: if I were to contact a Klei dev and ask them if a restoration is possible, who would I contact and how would I do such?

I am pretty sure that they monitor these forums and read the comments so a nice one may see this and message you personally about it, or even comment here in this thread, But don’t take that as a guarantee that they will.. you should just ask nicely, here I shall ping a forum Admin for you and if possible they can walk you through details :) 

hopefully they will be able to assist you!

@ImDaMisterL

I am a console player and I unraveled Wicker's Halloween Volt Goat head skin. I needed spools at that time and thought "i never use Wicker, besides, the skin is not that different from the standard one". 

Sigh... Again, I play on console. I shoul've kept it. I hope i can get some Halloween ones this year (I have NO Halloween skins like the cauldron, chester suit, catcoon, etc). 

On 9/25/2020 at 8:34 PM, hkhm said:

But we can't get the original skins again? Just the reworked ones once we get a character refresh? I almost never get elegant drops and when I do it is a duplicate of something I can weave. But I have not had a Triumphant skin drop in over a year. This was one of my few, precious elegant head skins.

I think I will just delete the game i am so disappointed in myself. I don't have anyone to play with anyway, so no great loss to the community I suppose. This whole year is just sucking the life out of me and I just added to it be being an idiot.

Look on the bright side, eventually it'll be like a $3 skin set you can buy, pretend you unraveled a really ugly bad skin!

On 9/27/2020 at 7:22 AM, Misa22 said:

I am a console player and I unraveled Wicker's Halloween Volt Goat head skin. I needed spools at that time and thought "i never use Wicker, besides, the skin is not that different from the standard one". 

Sigh... Again, I play on console. I shoul've kept it. I hope i can get some Halloween ones this year (I have NO Halloween skins like the cauldron, chester suit, catcoon, etc). 

ah that sucks =( im also hoping for some nice halloween skins, Deerfrid most of all!

On 10/11/2020 at 6:33 AM, Captain_Rage said:

This is why a pin-lock system for the inventory would be useful. :v In order to enter / exit the unravel mode.

I think a pin lock would be too tedious when you are trying to unravel. I would rather there just be an option to 're-ravel' items you've unraveled. Where you get items back you've unraveled previously at the cost of the exact amount of spools you got for unraveling the item.

To prevent anyone from trying to abuse the 're-ravel' option, each item should expire 24 hours after it's unraveled, where you can't re-ravel the item. This way, the only items you can re-ravel are ones you truly didn't mean to unravel.

On 10/11/2020 at 5:25 AM, GelatinousCube said:

ah that sucks =( im also hoping for some nice halloween skins, Deerfrid most of all!

813B09ED-A549-407A-8674-482ABFF94E51.thumb.jpeg.30fe7f4f47a270e0b79d77ba7c484c72.jpeg

Wigfrids character theme outside of the singing is to kill what she eats in glorious battle- so her Meat only Diet made her a perfect candidate to become a Minotaur.

I would love to see more Minotaur Wigfrids running around lol though do keep in mind that This outfit is only the Deerclops head, the rest of the outfit is made from other characters skins one of Wortox’s Tails, I believe Wilson’s gloves? I can’t remember.

But the fun part about all that is you can mix and match these different parts to truly create your own unique look.

(and yes going back and playing skinless single player DS is a heartbreaking experience </3)

16 hours ago, SnowdropPax said:

I think a pin lock would be too tedious when you are trying to unravel. I would rather there just be an option to 're-ravel' items you've unraveled. Where you get items back you've unraveled previously at the cost of the exact amount of spools you got for unraveling the item.

To prevent anyone from trying to abuse the 're-ravel' option, each item should expire 24 hours after it's unraveled, where you can't re-ravel the item. This way, the only items you can re-ravel are ones you truly didn't mean to unravel.

How come? I am not sure about the technical aspects but hopefully it would be easy to implement. My idea was that you unlock unraveling per session, not per item. That would be tedious and silly indeed. Once you exit the inventory screen and enter it again and want to start unraveling items you would first have to enter the pin again. I think this wouldn't be a hassle to do, and it would let you have kids around your computer while DST is running without having to worry about your precious belongings.:D

EDIT:

Having a 24 h period to undo your unravels would still let someone in front of your computer potentially grief / prank / accidentally ruin your belongings without you noticing it. That is my main concern. Other than that the idea is good though, because it would at least remedy the problem with accidental unravels that you made yourself.

Archived