[Game Update] - 422007

• Developer

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed an issue where the Lost Adventurers Chest could not be purchased unless all characters were owned.
  • Fixed an issue with clearing tiles in the An Eggy Tally game.
  • Adding the missing texture for Warly’s Head Chef hat.
  • Added a missing face expression to Wurt.
  • Various skin bug fixes.

View full update

• Like 14
  • Thanks 12
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Gourmand said:

More like the non-existant adventurer at this point

I’m kind of hoping that Warbucks was intentionally pulled because they made him the main villain, Wagstaff COULD fit that role but I think everyone actually liked playing as Wagstaff and wouldn’t want him to be the bad guy.. Warbucks on the other hand was only playable for a short time and then received the “Thanos” Treatment.

It makes perfect sense to me that they would erase records of his existence if they wanted to turn him into THE Bad guy.. 

(because I sincerely hope we get to free Charlie and play as her like you got to free and play as Maxwell in Solo DS)

I’m not sure what the REAL reason Klei erased Warbucks was.. could simply be that they just came up with a better idea with Wheeler.. but if he was in the constant and then mysteriously vanished.... pretty certain Klei could take that and run a story arch with it if they wanted to.

Then again he may REALLY have the Thanos treatment and we aren’t supposed to talk about, mention, or know that he ever existed. ;) 

3 minutes ago, gaymime said:

could just be that warbuck's is a highly problematic character in both visuals and references that might bring up some very painful wounds for people in several countries that the game is available in

He should be a relative of wheeler's.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, gaymime said:

could just be that warbuck's is a highly problematic character in both visuals and references that might bring up some very painful wounds for people in several countries that the game is available in

Yeah my old neighbor used to be a colonizer so I'm glad he was removed. I agree 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, gaymime said:

its black humor, nobody is saying he is doing right things. More like laughting at people that think in that way

• Thanks 1

Whoa wait a minute...

So I’m the only one who just saw Warbucks as Papa Thornberry from the Nickelodeon cartoon series the wild Thornberries?

Geez people need to get over cultural stereotyping as being hurtful content.

Please Understand and realize that I from the SOUTH..

Alabama to be exact.... and I think Bama gets highly Stero-Typed what is it people enjoy calling us? 
Banjo playing, porch sitting, straw chewing, chug jar drinking, country Red Necks?

Well guess what ladies and gentlemen? I just described in great detail Fuzzy Lumpkins from the POWERPUFF GIRLS.

Do I feel one tiny bit hurt or sensitive about Fuzzy Lumpkins? No I sure Don’t.

Get over it already.. it’s 2020, stop being so sensitive to well EVERYTHING.. Thanks. :( 

If this mindset is wrong... then I deeply apologize but I must now ask should we start Stereotyping and boycotting against stuff like Lifeline in Apex Legends? Or Rebecca Chang In Dead Rising 2? 

I look at video games about like the books I write, they BOTH have a story they want to tell and a particular way they want to tell it.

22 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

It’s Warbucks.

22 hours ago, Gourmand said:

More like the non-existant adventurer at this point

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’m kind of hoping that Warbucks was intentionally pulled because they made him the main villain, Wagstaff COULD fit that role but I think everyone actually liked playing as Wagstaff and wouldn’t want him to be the bad guy.. Warbucks on the other hand was only playable for a short time and then received the “Thanos” Treatment.

It makes perfect sense to me that they would erase records of his existence if they wanted to turn him into THE Bad guy.. 

(because I sincerely hope we get to free Charlie and play as her like you got to free and play as Maxwell in Solo DS)

I’m not sure what the REAL reason Klei erased Warbucks was.. could simply be that they just came up with a better idea with Wheeler.. but if he was in the constant and then mysteriously vanished.... pretty certain Klei could take that and run a story arch with it if they wanted to.

Then again he may REALLY have the Thanos treatment and we aren’t supposed to talk about, mention, or know that he ever existed. ;) 

1 hour ago, bitcrushed_rage said:

I swear to God Warbucks is becoming the Herobrine of Don't Starve

1 hour ago, gaymime said:

58 minutes ago, minespatch said:

He should be a relative of wheeler's.

33 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Yeah my old neighbor used to be a colonizer so I'm glad he was removed. I agree 

32 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

its black humor, nobody is saying he is doing right things. More like laughting at people that think in that way

6 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Whoa wait a minute...

So I’m the only one who just saw Warbucks as Papa Thornberry from the Nickelodeon cartoon series the wild Thornberries?

Geez people need to get over cultural stereotyping as being hurtful content.

Please Understand and realize that I from the SOUTH..

Alabama to be exact.... and I think Bama gets highly Stero-Typed what is it people enjoy calling us? 
Banjo playing, porch sitting, straw chewing, chug jar drinking, country Red Necks?

Well guess what ladies and gentlemen? I just described in great detail Fuzzy Lumpkins from the POWERPUFF GIRLS.

Do I feel one tiny bit hurt or sensitive about Fuzzy Lumpkins? No I sure Don’t.

Get over it already.. it’s 2020, stop being so sensitive to well EVERYTHING.. Thanks. :( 

If this mindset is wrong... then I deeply apologize but I must now ask should we start Stereotyping and boycotting against stuff like Lifeline in Apex Legends? Or Rebecca Chang In Dead Rising 2? 

I look at video games about like the books I write, they BOTH have a story they want to tell and a particular way they want to tell it.

Could we stay on topic please?

Edited by TheHollowKnight
  • Thanks 6

34 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Spoiler

i've talked to other people about that a while back and it was generally agreed that within the narrow confines of 'bad colonizer stuck in purgatory forever' can be funny and fitting the sad fact is that the joke is only funny to those who live far enough away from the trauma that comes with being a colonized people that they don't have to worry about it happening in the future. i'm only two generations away from a time where i would have been considered only half-human with no rights or freedoms outside of the right to be murdered and the freedom to leave my home country if i don't like how things are. that is severely messed up and colours the background of my day-to-day life. i don't begrudge people who have never had that be part of their world but it is part of mine and if i didn't look like my grandfather i certainly wouldn't have the privileges that i do now

the punchline is never worth it if you have to hurt someone by telling the joke

can do~ i spoiled my reply and will not be continuing the conversation ^^

thankyou klei for the fixes<3

Edited by gaymime
  • Like 1