Skin for Thermal Stone?

I've seen it in a few youtube videos but I'm not sure if this is a modded item or an actual skin, as I am unable to find it in the curio cabinet as a weavable or not-weavable item.  Is anyone aware of the item I'm talking about or how to get it?

There are several widely used items that lack of attainable skin like: alchemy engine, thermal stone, siesta lean to and boat kit. I hope they add weavable 1st in the future, for everyone - twitch drop or Klei-point free skin are quiet nice, but then people follow the game after will be unable to get it.

5 minutes ago, FuriousChimera said:

There are several widely used items that lack of attainable skin like: alchemy engine, thermal stone, siesta lean to and boat kit. I hope they add weavable 1st in the future, for everyone - twitch drop or Klei-point free skin are quiet nice but then the people follow the game after will unable to get it.

Alchemy engine has a skin, Its called Alchemy Pod

2 hours ago, Cheggf said:

No it doesn't.

image.png.12e91a3f87bf72716a70a649a6e25beb.png

But even if it did

image.png.63484aae963425e9ca685a480c443eba.png

i assume you do not know what achievable means then? please read the accompanying sentence and synonyms if you do not understand a definition it will help you feel less unsure  and will make you more able to understand what is being said

also in most cases; limited irl cash exclusive ≠ attainable

the presumption that a few people being able to access something is the same as that something being available to all people regardless of situational or locational context is nonsense

5 hours ago, gaymime said:

i assume you do not know what achievable means then? please read the accompanying sentence and synonyms if you do not understand a definition it will help you feel less unsure  and will make you more able to understand what is being said

also in most cases; limited irl cash exclusive ≠ attainable

the presumption that a few people being able to access something is the same as that something being available to all people regardless of situational or locational context is nonsense

In that case nothing has achievable skins except for the torch and chest. Everything else is bought, except for promotional Twitch skins which are only available one at a time (and then sometimes turned into purchased skins).

1 hour ago, Cheggf said:

In that case nothing has achievable skins except for the torch and chest. Everything else is bought, except for promotional Twitch skins which are only available one at a time (and then sometimes turned into purchased skins).

not true. about half of all the belonging skins can be woven and the majority can be dropped through play(though drop-rates vary). there are many items that are attainable to all persons who have a properly function copy of the game. you are right though, twitch skins are not part of this and must be gained through twitch, through limited distribution on the klei website or bought which super sucks

3 hours ago, gaymime said:

not true.

You just nitpicked about what the definition of achievable is and now you're completely going against it. The only skins you earn are for the torch and chest. Every other permanently available skin is purchased with either real money or real fake money.

3 hours ago, gaymime said:

about half of all the belonging skins can be woven and the majority can be dropped through play(though drop-rates vary).

If playing several hours every day for several weeks is "attainable", then selling those skins on the community market to afford the alchemy engine skin is "attainable".

1 hour ago, Cheggf said:

If playing several hours every day for several weeks is "attainable", then selling those skins on the community market to afford the alchemy engine skin is "attainable".

Depends on time and work. For some people is easier to buy than play lots of hours, and for others is easier to play 764322700432 hours than to buy something. If Alchemy Pod skin doesn't normally drop or drop is extra rare, then it may be considered as limited and "not achievable" for most people.

On 7/15/2020 at 7:58 PM, Mike23Ua said:

There was one, I missed getting it.. they should bring it back or make a new one.

Bring it back, please! Along with every other currently unobtainable skin.

Yeah I have the thermal stone skin. But I don't have the PK hat skin, the telltale heart skins, the eyebrella skin, the salt box skins, etc.

That is one thing I DON'T like. Limited Edition, non-transferrable skins.

1 hour ago, Cheggf said:

You just nitpicked about what the definition of achievable is and now you're completely going against it. The only skins you earn are for the torch and chest. Every other permanently available skin is purchased with either real money or real fake money.

you need to reiterate. your statement is not clearly expressed in a parsable manner and your definition of earned is not aligned with the prior conversation as you left out the connecting statement that would make it understandable

1 hour ago, Cheggf said:

ALL persons who have the minimum specs to download and reliably play the game have the same capacity to use spools and to open grants. while the number of hours an individual has available may vary from person to person the ability for each person remains the same in this regard. this is NOT the case when it comes to the marketplace. the marketplace requires the person to have access to actual real-world money as well as a means of putting that real-world money onto steam so that they may spend it in the marketplace AND on top of that steam requires you to have made at least one purchase that wasnt made through a steam gift card before you can use the market. simply by virtue of people living in different countries, being different ages and having different levels of access to steam utilities there is no guarantee that two random people are both capable of having the same access(literally in a non hyperbolic manner) to an item that is only available on steam's marketplace AAAAAAND this is all just what pc players have access to. for any other platform outside of steam you have no other options except spools and being there at the time of an item's release(and not always even then)

btw, steam does actually tell you all of this, it is easy to look up and i even have the link to the rule about purchases;

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6088-UDXM-7214#eligibleparticipants

10 minutes ago, AlternateMew said:

That is one thing I DON'T like. Limited Edition, non-transferrable skins.

you and me both! if my friend wants something i dont want then it is pretty tosh we cannot trade with each other

Archived