Would you find it neat it if mango trees were added to the game?

Would you find it neat it if mango trees were added to the game?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Mango farming?

• Oh my, I would love it!
    • I find mango trees would be a fun addition to the DST Experience™
    • If there were mango trees in the Constant I would finally be able to perform my religious traditions!
    • Mango farming is the one and true way to achieve authentic happiness but when I take a break from reality to immerse myself into a virtual world of horrors that rule still applies and therefore yes, a way to resume the mango farming lifestyle would be appreciated I suppose, yes.

33 minutes ago, minespatch said:

I'm still waiting for Crabapple trees...

Jason please.........................

latest?cb=20190426200322

5aa356da45cb5_ThemysteryoftheConstantapples.png.4a81509130f203de089ff264e6f5b178.png

Crab Apple tree.. in a game called Don’t Starve, it sounds fitting lol.

50% chance to spawn apples when chopped..

50% chance to spawn hostile angry crab mob when chopped.

YES I want this!

But what about Mangos? Can we have those as well as Crab Apple?

I mean.. we now have a living carrot rat thing... so a Crab Apple makes sense.

6 hours ago, Yukanur said:

YES!  That is precisely the mod all these mango threads always make me think of. Well, a newer/remade version anyway (although apparently THIS one still doesn't work in 2020 anyway, which is a shame).

Now, I don't know where all this mango obsession came from, and I have NO idea what it has to do with "420" jokes, but considering I used to fairly often use a mod that had mango trees as part of it, I gotta say I'm okay with them.  To me, they just make me think of that time when I visited my relatives in Miami, Florida when I was a little kid and they had a mango tree in their backyard.  We brought a few of them along with us to our picnic on the beach. It was nice!

As for the part-crab, part-apple thing you might get sometimes from chopping down an apple tree...yeah, Tea and Trees has ya covered on that too (if it was safe to use).  Sometimes when you go to "pick" (aka whack or shove) a peach tree with four peaches on it...at least one of them turns into a peach SPIDER and goes after you! 

charlieandthepeaches.png.42776f73ebabd4dcb54d8dd24e96e2ac.png

I could'a sworn that SOMEwhere among all my screenshots, was at least one taken while using the "Tea and Trees" mod that also happened to show a mango tree on my own personal game screen.  Apparently not, so instead enjoy Charlie setting up camp amongst the spider-infested peaches.  : P  (And yes, this actually was where I set up camp.  According to the notes I wrote on this screenshot at the time, apparently it was close to a savannah, swamp, rockland and a spot where you can dig a well.  That last one's important--the "Thirst" mod was in play too.)

Also the adorable green kitties are actually crackheads, and will pounce the beep out of you if you have any of their beloved..."tea"...leaves on your person.  XD

charlieandthecats.png.45edcbbaf7b66a80dc5b188228503052.png

Listen to Charlie.  She's not kidding.  (Also apparently they're not a fan of bees...)  With a guest appearance by the early Cherry Forest, as seen by the pink petals on the ground up there!

Anyway in general I like things that add VARIETY of foods to the game. New unique function, I don't care, just give me more stuff to look at and play with!  It's why I use Pickle It (new veggies, both just around and growable as crops--also it allows you to preserve veggies in an old-fashioned way), Birds and Berries and Trees and Flowers with Friends (apple trees, pineapple bushes, different colour berries), Tea and Trees before it broke (mango and peach trees) and of course the Cherry Forest (GUESS).  Also tropical-themed mods that allow you to have palm trees, with OR without coconuts, finally... 

I would never use all of those mods at ONCE, because even on a Huge world things get cluttered and silly. But one, _maybe_ two at a time?  Yeah!  So I vote Yes to Mangoes, because I vote Yes to Variety.

Also I think Warly wouldn't mind more of that around, either.  :)

...Notorious

Let's be honest, no one wants just another boring plant. That's why I purpose a cooler idea: mango people. These mango people will sniff flowers and excrete mango nectar (pun intended) that you can use to make more mango people. When 10 mango people are near each other they will attempt to consume each other; the winner gains all the body mass of the other mangos and becomes the mango king. Each world will start with only 1 mango person so the mango king can't be summoned naturally. As thanks for making him, the mango king will periodically give you baby mango people that you can eat alive. The mango people will look something like this;

3636cd1bf891047fe558e2e91b1a7013.png

17 hours ago, PrezPara said:

Let's be honest, no one wants just another boring plant. That's why I purpose a cooler idea: mango people. These mango people will sniff flowers and excrete mango nectar (pun intended) that you can use to make more mango people. When 10 mango people are near each other they will attempt to consume each other; the winner gains all the body mass of the other mangos and becomes the mango king. Each world will start with only 1 mango person so the mango king can't be summoned naturally. As thanks for making him, the mango king will periodically give you baby mango people that you can eat alive. The mango people will look something like this;

I have never audibly laughed this much at something I find so terrifying

Spoiler
17 hours ago, PrezPara said:

font-due-to-price-increase-on-ammo-do-not-expect-a-warning-shot-thank-you-for-your-understanding.thumb.jpg.8e7c53893516079eb37992880838a766.jpg

Archived