Metal Refinery Using Germy PW

Germ from coolant can transfer to metal refinery, twice. Before processing and after job complete. Transferred to dupe once, after job complete. Is this has been like this or recent changes? I never used germy PW as coolant before.

germy-metalrefinery.gif.f337083d1a7792a4337b8cc6e36ac483.gif

I did not know about this interaction.  I always assumed that the germs would just be left on the metal.  Thanks!

I generally only use metal refineries when I can dump the heat in to steam turbines.  Then I use crude oil or petroleum as my coolant.  It doesn't really matter as long as you cool down the coolant enough.

Yeah, I stopped using germy PW after posting this thread, and back to previous decontamination build. Timer sensor is the best I can use with current tech level. I tried to search if someone already posted early decontamination using timer sensor, but I had trouble searching this forum.

1 hour ago, abud said:

Yeah, I stopped using germy PW after posting this thread, and back to previous decontamination build. Timer sensor is the best I can use with current tech level. I tried to search if someone already posted early decontamination using timer sensor, but I had trouble searching this forum.

Probably not exactly what your looking for, but here's a clock sensor based one by @Saturnusthat results in 9.99kg/sec if you build 3 in series. This is my go-to decontamination method nowadays. There's a few other good designs in this thread too. 

3 minutes ago, beowulf2010 said:

Probably not exactly what your looking for

Yup. With timer sensor we should be able to get a bit more, because we can specify exactly 150 second (I forgot how long exact time to guarantee cleaning germ) to settle compared to 200 sec using clock sensor. But after I think about it again: if it already 9.9 ks/s, how we can input more to tank with one input? So it is not going to be much different in throughput. With timer sensor, one module is 4.28 kg/s if using 450 sec open 600 sec close.

When you go with 4 reservoirs, you can just use the fill level automation output of the last one to trigger the first one for a full 10kg/s flow.Desinfector3.thumb.png.7da2b1d3e402b0f300e59715a88bc95d.png

Use a door under the first one, instead of the shutoff... or make sure, when you use the shutoff, that the first 20kg of PW are germ free.

5 hours ago, abud said:

For this use, you probably can just place 3...4 tanks or so into chlorine, no control or automation needed, just keep them filled.

Welcome back @abud. Indeed, germ transfer has happened since before refineries were changed to prevent off-gassing of PW→PO2. (people used to off-gas pee with an array of refineries).

See this thread for an example of what Gurgel is talking about, which has 10kg/s throughput. As wachunga points out you can build it the other direction for nicer piping.

It was in a thread awhile back but around 5 liquid storage in a decontamination room was enough to clean water without much fancy automation.  If I remember right the automation was there to stop output of the system if the last one was empty meaning you were draining it faster than it was filling.

20200711201117_1.thumb.jpg.12be04cc2342adb64570caa499e48a85.jpg

Wait a sec, 5? I thought 3 was enough, just like Gurgel and nakomaru said above. Problem with those method is, need 3 full tank of water which depend on the map, in early game not quite easy to get. When we finally have many liquid to spare, usually already have fancy automation tech :)

Archived