Griftlands Early Access Now Available!

(Hi, new here)

Now that Griftlands is on Steam, as well: Does buying it now on the Epic Store still let me play it on Steam, or was that offer limited to the pre-early access alpha? I like Epic's treatment of developers better (i.e. better revenue share), but I prefer Steam's mature feature set as a user, so it would be nice to get best of both worlds... :)

Hi Klei! I need help, can't launch Griftlands on steam, it crashes all the time during launch, don't know why that happening. Can you please tell me is it problem with my laptop or something else, system requirements shouldn't be a problem because i checked it. Thanks in advance.

Ok, i give up, i tried everything and nothing helped me. I also found very few people have the same problem but still didn't find any solution how to launch the game. 

crash.png

• Developer
36 minutes ago, Vect said:

Ok, i give up, i tried everything and nothing helped me. I also found very few people have the same problem but still didn't find any solution how to launch the game. 

crash.png

Hey Vect, I'm sorry you're having trouble. If you send me your log file here I can take a look. (Also apologies if you sent it in already - it can be next to impossible to link a forum name to a specific report in the crash system)

• Developer
1 hour ago, Vect said:

Hi Kevin, here my log 

https://pastebin.com/qxsMzk27

Thank you! We're looking into it. Do you have the file C:\Users\Vect\AppData\Roaming\Klei\Griftlands\steam-76561198259040626//Griftlands_CRASH_000001592271023.dmp

(This is the crash dump mentioned in one of the logs. )

In the meantime, have you updated your graphics drivers recently? I think it might be struggling to load the game's textures at startup. Updating might help, if you haven't tried it yet.

We've found your submitted dumps in the system. The crash is happening inside your ATI drivers. Can you try updating those to the newest version available?

11 hours ago, Kevin said:

Thank you! We're looking into it. Do you have the file C:\Users\Vect\AppData\Roaming\Klei\Griftlands\steam-76561198259040626//Griftlands_CRASH_000001592271023.dmp

(This is the crash dump mentioned in one of the logs. )

In the meantime, have you updated your graphics drivers recently? I think it might be struggling to load the game's textures at startup. Updating might help, if you haven't tried it yet.

We've found your submitted dumps in the system. The crash is happening inside your ATI drivers. Can you try updating those to the newest version available?

Thanks Kevin, now it works! This was the only thing i forgot to check, my bad.)

On 6/15/2020 at 9:06 PM, pacovf said:

@Kevin: is this still true for *new* people buying the copy on EGS, now that the game is also on Steam?

@Kevin since that may have been missed among the bug reports: could Klei clarify, whether users who buy on EGS still get unlock the game on Steam as well, now that the game is in Early Access? The original wording only mentioned the alpha phase of the game.

• Developer
29 minutes ago, dadadave said:

@Kevin since that may have been missed among the bug reports: could Klei clarify, whether users who buy on EGS still get unlock the game on Steam as well, now that the game is in Early Access? The original wording only mentioned the alpha phase of the game.

We haven't set an end-date for that yet.

Any hints about when the GNU/Linux and MacOS ports will be available? I am super excited that Griftlands is out on Steam and I have been longing for a game that would give more of what Invisible, Inc. had, in terms of immersion and atmosphere (that game is amaaaaazing). A huge thanks and praise to the devs for giving us Griftlands! Can't wait to try it myself! :willow:

13 hours ago, Nino123 said:

so... anything new about mac portage ? Will we be able to play the early access game?

From personal experience with early access games, i doubt this will be accessible to other systems other than PC during alpha. The accessibility of GL to other devices like Mac, Linux and consoles will probably take a while even after the games full release. I havent been following klei much on how they handle the early access and betas but i believe that the games stability, progression and hot-fixing is more important. Not saying that less people playing it the better, just the issue being making stable and specifically optimized versions of an "early access" game that's still developing for other ports that may handle it better or worse.

Archived