Change Pumpkin Cookie Recipe

Since the new boy scout character is coming to the constant soon, I think it would be logical to also change the food that is closely related to them. In short pumpkin cookies are a scam and serve little benefit in the making of them. cookies.png.d09cfa72f4ad16e0ae112bc56f1fcf4f.png

In the pic above, pumpkin has the same food value as cookies, the only difference is in the sanity values (15 sanity). It requires 2 honeys and one pumpkin, as a sanity food item it isn't bad, BUT the problem is getting enough of pumpkins. It is better to mass produce taffy which only requires honey and restores 10 sanity. So why would anyone go through such a hassle to make them? Even the cooked pumpkin provides a small benefit of hp restoration. Cookies don't offer a good value into making them. Please consider making pumpkin more available or adding cookies more value. I am aware that Hollowed Nights is a thing and there is a ton of pumpkin early game, but this event only lasts a month and pumpkin supplies still run out quickly.

A lot of the recipes are sort of meant to be semi-scams, that dumb eggplant one for example or monster lasagna. I'd say pumpkin cookies falls into that category at least a little bit, even though make em for some aesthetic flavor. Tbh I was a little sad that the new crops weren't like the old ones that had basically one corresponding recipe since that gave every crop a unique flare to them and now all I see is "whoah cooked potato 20 health, whoah Toma Root 20 health"

I always see the "inferior" crock pot foods as kinda a last resort "the ingredients are spoiling" thing that prolongs the life of your food.

Might I also add I think it's kind of weird to be asking for a change in recipe when way better alternatives already exist. There is actually almost always a better alternative to an item or food or method when it comes to DST. Does that mean we should demand changes to every single little thing that we deem "not worth the hassle"? It's one thing to ask to make Walter's favorite food Pumpkin Cookies and give him a special bonus when eating them, but a completely different one to ask to have the whole recipe changed to be more beneficial when we have already been given these things in other recipes.

27 minutes ago, Ninja Survivor said:

Not everything has to be 100% efficient. I make Pumpkin Cookies all the time because quite frankly they look yummy as hell.

But there is no harm in making it efficient, especially in the context of buffs. Making Pumpkin Cookies restore more isn't going to make them look any less yummy. Increasing their stats will only appease both parties.

3 hours ago, Bluepufferfish said:

A lot of the recipes are sort of meant to be semi-scams, that dumb eggplant one for example or monster lasagna. I'd say pumpkin cookies falls into that category at least a little bit, even though make em for some aesthetic flavor. Tbh I was a little sad that the new crops weren't like the old ones that had basically one corresponding recipe since that gave every crop a unique flare to them and now all I see is "whoah cooked potato 20 health, whoah Toma Root 20 health"

More like a meh dish

I always just assumed the math worked out to make pumpkin cookies worthwhile, but even ignoring stuff like cooked cactus and mushrooms that is just BAD.

Im all for a buff, too specific of a recipe to deserve being this mathematically bad.

(Also going to just buff them in Uncompromising Mode)

If Walter has pumpkin cookies as favorite dish, he will get about 52,5 hunger from them, plus the 15 sanity, so it would probably be worth making just for him.

5 hours ago, Slagger said:

15 extra HP would be cool

Although adding to the recipe 15 hp for everyone would be much better, of course.

If the recipe were tweaked to require only 1x Honey instead of 2x, and have the hunger value increased to a flat 50, then you would make a profit of about 4 hunger if you used 2x twigs/ice as fillers. Slap on some added health benefits like say 10 or 15 health restored per cookie, and you'd make bank. 

All in all though, I feel that the farming system could use some minor tweaks to growing crops in both terms of selective growing and plot building to make these recipes a bit more viable in my opinion.

The thing about pumpkin cookie is that it's better to eat the pumking cooked and use the two honeys from it's recipe to make something else, like a taffy for example. In the situation you decide to make a taffy you'll be getting +25 hunger +15 sanity for just one more honey.

Following this line of though you'll notice that instead of getting just +37,5 hunger +15 sanity from one pumpking cookie, you could instead get +37,5 hunger +8 hp from the cooked pumpkin plus +25 hunger +15 sanity -3 health from a taffy, for a total of +62,5 hunger +15 sanity + 5 health.

Archived