What type of berry bushes do you prefer?

Which type of bush do you prefer?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Juicy or Red berry bushes?

I really like having compact base design for my everyday needs and then expands with decorative setpieces.

Juicy berries are the best  for their ratio of crockpot filler / space occupied and I really find the fast spoil time as an advantage when I need rot to fertilize things. (early game they are great, I prefer them than lightbulb)

Even better to cook and let it on the ground :eagerness:

I think it's interesting that so many more comments are justifying juicy berries yet the votes are in favor of red berries. I personally prefer the latter because I need the long rot time for my trail-mix boss rush. I also hate it when juicy berry bushes are planted in a way where you can't fertilize some of them because the "tall" fertilized berry bushes surrounding the unfertilized ones block you.

Juicy Berries are better for when you're exploring or nomadic, but when you're actually farming, Red Berries win out with their shorter growth time (3-5 days to JBB's 9-13 days) and longer spoilage time (raw 6 days to raw juicy's 2 days), making them easier to stockpile efficiently. The extra 3.125 hunger per juicy berry does not change this.

Speaking of all these berries, apparently Juicy Berries are the same species as Red Berries, according to Wickerbottom.

It depends of the character:

Say I lost my marbles and decided to play Wicker, I would prefer to use juicy berries as I could be able to get much more bang for my buck much easier with applied horticulture

If I was playing Wigfrid, I would prefer normal berries as I would be able to get more leg meat that way

Generally, I would prefer Juicy for other reasons people mentioned above, quick access to rot to fertilize more stuff, quick boosts in hunger that you can keep on the bush until you need it, and being able to not spend a entire day just harvesting the berries.

Overall, It's a matter of opinion and usage but I feel that Juicy berries beat out normal berries for the wider range of quick uses and ability to have more profit within the same space normal berries would, or having the same result but with a lot less upkeep.

On 6/5/2020 at 1:06 AM, Frashaw27 said:

Say I lost my marbles and decided to play Wicker, I would prefer to use juicy berries as I could be able to get much more bang for my buck much easier with applied horticulture

wicker loses more sanity from stale and spoiled foods, though, and juicy berries spoil much faster, unless you're using them exclusively as meatball filler.

Archived