New lore discussion

So with the addition of Compedium we can now learn more about survivors' lore… well the ones that have a cinematic.

For example we now know that Winona was the one who made that 'detective board' in her cinematic.

Use this thread to share and discuss the new lore.

Thanks for the thread!

Wendy...

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.6f3483debf11e94a44cb8cd551f6763e.png

We now know Maxwell lured Wendy into the constant with the promise of seeing her sister again. Saying the Ragtime Tune to imply the Voxola is so good, +1 to whoever wrote this. Still, we know nothing about what happened to Abigail and when did she die.

Woodie...

Spoiler

Hesh damn Woodie that loreless brat
image.thumb.png.33b4023a84316fb505fc666c6b007ca2.png
The moon's power grew, which implies that it is not deteriorating, and that it also affects the survivors. That's really cool.

Maxwell...

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.1de4825a23569bbafcb260e58e8fa7f0.png
So They compelled Maxwell into ensanring more people in the Constant. Notice also that it's refered to as the Constant's trap, implying that the Constant isn't the trap itself, like it has some sort of conscious. That, or the trap is refering to the constant loop of death that the Constant maintains..This also raises the question that They do not affect the world in any way except for Their persuasion, shadow spirits whispering in your ear, demons telling you what to do.

image.png.353588100c2c57077db03cbbf5812c3b.png
I love this paragraph.

Winona...

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.bfc6010d267110225f9fb73184eaa47c.png
She looked for Charlie for over a decade. Let that sink in.

image.png.61b798de18d9ffa6a04311f0c1f80a28.png
This really makes it seem like Charlie is being controlled, but not possessed...  at least for me but english isn't my forte

Warly...

Spoiler

image.png.d3b62d0d0703c1afae167bc0bd1e5a5e.png
Now we know why Warly was brought into the Constant. Also, cries.

Wortox...

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.552e0b7fdc000fb6f80e6d8d257731fa.png
This one implies there are more Krampus that make mischief throughout the rest of the worlds (Gate Realms).

Wormwood...

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.cdfda81636496ae8e8ef5881b4e168e8.png
This line "he came to learn what the moon above had always known" always rings alarms, but there isn't enough info here to really know what it is supposed to mean. Time will tell.

That're all my findings

8 minutes ago, Lucenix said:

shadow spirits whispering in your ear, demons telling you what to do.

image.thumb.png.1c736660bc5724c6277518726213b6b8.png

From the blindbox description. With the keyword of "Demon", it seems like Maxwell is not a demon but the entity is using MAxwell's image as a costume while the real Maxwell is used as a battery. Charlie might be the new battery...

But again, this is inferred but I am interested by the use of the word Demon.

4 minutes ago, minespatch said:

image.thumb.png.1c736660bc5724c6277518726213b6b8.png

From the blindbox description. With the keyword of "Demon", it seems like Maxwell is not a demon but the entity is using MAxwell's image as a costume while the real Maxwell is used as a battery. Charlie might be the new battery...

But again, this is inferred but I am interested by the use of the word Demon.

I was just using synonyms really but I didn't know that text even existed... It seems like you could interpret that either Maxwell is the demon being referenced, basing it on his personality, or that They are the demon. The word is probably being used to relate Their power with that of traditional demons, drawing a parallel between both ideas. Whatever it means, it makes it easier to understand what They are all about. 

7 minutes ago, Lucenix said:

They are the demon.

Exactly, hence me scanning this. A friend or two just dismissed this as "they were going in a different route previously", but seeing them use the word "Demon" again seems important to the story.

575635ecb7365_Jahndeesencounterwithmrskits.png.75f1c7704869dc3794e23f039febbeb3.png

4 minutes ago, minespatch said:

but seeing them use the word "Demon" again seems important to the story.

What I meant is that Klei didn't, I did..

29 minutes ago, Lucenix said:

Maxwell...

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.1de4825a23569bbafcb260e58e8fa7f0.png
So They compelled Maxwell into ensanring more people in the Constant. Notice also that it's refered to as the Constant's trap, implying that the Constant isn't the trap itself, like it has some sort of conscious. That, or the trap is refering to the constant loop of death that the Constant maintains..This also raises the question that They do not affect the world in any way except for Their persuasion, shadow spirits whispering in your ear, demons telling you what to do.

image.png.353588100c2c57077db03cbbf5812c3b.png
I love this paragraph.

So its clear that Wendy, Wilson and Warly has been in frustration and been desperate. Wilson not having the knowledge to do science, Warly just want his maman back, and Wendy, desperate to get abigail back.

So maxwell made a deal with them all. snared them but still fufilled his promise. (Hopefully maman is okay)

I wonder if there's gonna be more of the original characters who shares the same fate. (Willow is not one of them for example, still unclear how she came to the constant in the first place.)

My guess is Wolfgang will be one of them as well. Perhaps he wasn't the strongman in the beginning, in his circus promotion poster he seems very skinny (and not at all like the strongman they intend him to be on the promotional poster.) You could argue that he becomes skinny in-game cause he's starving but that's in the constant, and since the constant has some magical properties and unflawless logic in its world it might just be a side effect.

5 minutes ago, PunkShark said:

So its clear that wendy, Wilson and Warly has been in frustration and been desperate. Wilson not having the knowledge to do science, Warly just want his maman back, and Wendy, desperate to get abigail back.

So maxwell made a deal with them all. snared them but still fufilled his promise. (Hopefully maman is okay)

I wonder if there's gonna be more of the original characters who shares the same fate. (Willow is not one of them for example, still unclear how she came to the constant in the first place.)

My guess is Wolfgang will be one of them as well. Perhaps he wasn't the strongman in the beginning, in his circus promotion poster he seems very skinny (and not at all like the strongman they intend him to be on the promotional poster.)

Plot Twist- maybe Wolfgang is actually very skinny, and very wimpy and not mighty at all.. maybe he was lured in with promises that in the constant he can be mighty.

Maybe Willow was promised she could burn whatever she wanted and not have to suffer any consequences like going to jail for arson.. 

*Shrugs* and somewhere equally lost with them is still Walani, Wilbur, Woodlegs, Wheeler, Wilba, Wagstaff, and what was his name again uhm uhh I forget..

oh yeah Warbucks, who was shot and replaced by Wheeler. ;) 

1 hour ago, Lucenix said:

Winona...

Hide contents

image.png.61b798de18d9ffa6a04311f0c1f80a28.png
This really makes it seem like Charlie is being controlled, but not possessed...  at least for me but english isn't my forte

This part is confusing, does this refer to Charlie's old "shadow half" ? Before her 2 personas merged into a stable one? Or does it refer to something... more sinister...? Is she still being controlled or not? I hope we find out... Plus If she's only controlled and not possessed... How did she become a "demon" ? How can she become a "shadow person" ? This is confusing! She could be both controlled and possessed.

1 hour ago, Lucenix said:

Winona...

Hide contents

We already knew that! Although it was an obscure detail before, going back to a single dev post on the forums that a wiki editor made a note of. Charlie (and Maxwell) disappeared in 1906; the factory fire and therefore Winona's disappearance happened in 1919. 13 years.

11 minutes ago, Charlie Dark said:

This part is confusing, does this refer to Charlie's old "shadow half" ? Before her 2 personas merged into a stable one? Or does it refer to something... more sinister...? Is she still being controlled or not? I hope we find out... Plus If she's only controlled and not possessed... How did she become a "demon" ? How can she become a "shadow person" ? This is confusing! She could be both controlled and possessed.

It probably does refer to pre-throne Shadow Charlie, yeah.

1 minute ago, CameoAppearance said:

We already knew that! Although it was an obscure detail before, going back to a single dev post on the forums that a wiki editor made a note of. Charlie (and Maxwell) disappeared in 1906; the factory fire and therefore Winona's disappearance happened in 1919. 13 years.

It probably does refer to pre-throne Shadow Charlie, yeah.

I'm now positive for something... Since Winona kept trying to find Charlie for over a decade, I'm sure she'd not stop now, since she has come close enough.

It says that Wes' birthday is April 16th. This feels like a missed opportunity when it could have been the first of April. T___T

Does the 16th of April have any significance pertaining mimes or France?

This comes up on Wikipedia:

"World Voice Day (WVD) is a worldwide annual event that takes place on April 16 devoted to the celebration of the phenomenon of voice.[1]The aim is to demonstrate the enormous importance of the voice in the daily lives of all people. "

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Voice_Day)

In one or two older games (like Dungeon Keeper; oh, those days) there were a few calendar days that would unlock secret levels and secret messages when starting the game at said dates (this could of course be achieved by changing the clock on the computer), which was actually pretty neat and helped to set the unique atmosphere for the game, even though probably many players never found the secret dates (one level would only show up and be playable during days with a full moon, and this was way before permanent connections to the net was a common thing in households).

3 hours ago, PunkShark said:

All the Woodie lore frustrations with the community in one.. big.. tease

It's gonna end up with us knowing the names of every survivors' great, great grandma and Woodie will be like ''Yes, yes he's very mysterious indeed. We still don't know anything about him"

Maybe I'm a bit of an optimist, but the fact that Woodie had two separate paragraphs in his Compendium, one for his short, and the other for his ‘Mysterious Past’ gives me the impression we might EVENTUALLY get a follow up on this. Possibly indirectly and maybe not through a short, but so far he's the only character who has this. 

3 hours ago, Charlie Dark said:

Yeah it refers to pre-Queen Charlie, as you can see both halfs not merged yet and it happened in 1919, while Charlie's transformation comes after Adventure Mode

3 hours ago, Charlie Dark said:

I'm now positive for something... Since Winona kept trying to find Charlie for over a decade, I'm sure she'd not stop now, since she has come close enough.

She will never give up on saving her sister, but what governs this world isn't her, not anymore...

7 hours ago, Captain_Rage said:

"World Voice Day (WVD) is a worldwide annual event that takes place on April 16 devoted to the celebration of the phenomenon of voice.[1]The aim is to demonstrate the enormous importance of the voice in the daily lives of all people. "

Archived