DLC release date?

15 minutes ago, SharraShimada said:

We will know, if and when they announce the open beta for it, not a second earlier. As always.

Do you think they'll have an open beta for paid DLC?? I assume its paid since its not like the typical free updates and packs they've been adding to the game pre and post launch.

There are 2 ways, they can do it.

Either early access style, and you have to buy the DLC to participate.

Or they make a public open beta as always, with the note to not use it with current save game, because if you dont buy it, the content will be removed after beta.

I think it will be the first, as you could potentially "do all the new things" without ever paying for it. Obviously there would be some stuff changed for launch and the replay-ability in this game is a huge factor. I think one would have to buy it to participate in the beta.

10 hours ago, liaukaixian said:

I want to ask the new DLC of Oxygen Not Included already have any release date or season? I am very excited to the DLC.

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/115715-oxygen-not-included-roadmap-february-2020/

In a stream they say they will probably able to show first informations about the DLC this summer. But it was before the covid.

So assuming, their plan didn't change, here's a personal estimation :

- End of august : first sneak peak.

- October - november : alpha version

- January : early access

- April : release

6 hours ago, Dovahbeast said:

I think it will be the first, as you could potentially "do all the new things" without ever paying for it. Obviously there would be some stuff changed for launch and the replay-ability in this game is a huge factor. I think one would have to buy it to participate in the beta.

I would have absolutely no problem with paying for early access to the DLC.

1 hour ago, SamLogan said:

In a stream they say they will probably able to show first informations about the DLC this summer. But it was before the covid.

So assuming, their plan didn't change, here's a personal estimation :

- End of august : first sneak peak.

- October - november : alpha version

- January : early access

- April : release

I think it depends. Personally, I have gotten more efficient now, no reason to go to the office for meetings. And in those endless meetings I can now simply play ONI on a different machine.

On 5/29/2020 at 4:51 AM, SamLogan said:

IIRC they said they were gonna have the DLC in beta for this summer, and then have it release in fall.

I thought I had clipped it...but I can't seem to find it.

1 hour ago, watermelen671 said:

IIRC they said they were gonna have the DLC in beta for this summer, and then have it release in fall.

It is in the roadmap under "DLC":

17 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

Yes, this was before the covid. As Canada is still confined, I think there will be delay.

1 hour ago, SamLogan said:

Yes, this was before the covid. As Canada is still confined, I think there will be delay.

Lucky for us, jobs that one does on computers are not as much affected. I do exactly the same work, just don't need to drive to work nor attend useless meetings. I might say I am more effective than before covid, so this whole situation may even accelerate the DLC.

Of course I don't know the details how KLEI handles this, maybe they struggle, I hope not... I wish them everything best!

18 minutes ago, pether said:

Lucky for us, jobs that one does on computers are not as much affected. I do exactly the same work, just don't need to drive to work nor attend useless meetings. I might say I am more effective than before covid, so this whole situation may even accelerate the DLC.

Of course I don't know the details how KLEI handles this, maybe they struggle, I hope not... I wish them everything best!

Looks like Klei has different opinion: 

22 hours ago, Gurgel said:

It is in the roadmap under "DLC":

Look at me galaxy brain over here! :wilson_ecstatic:

They did give themselves a broad timeline to work with...given the vague estimate of "Summer", so I'm not entirely sure if it'll be delayed by too much. But then again I'm not a dev, so I dunno how this'll impact it.

Archived