Salt Lick should be a Salt Lick, not a Nitre Lick

I think it will be good if Salt Lick will require Salt Crystals instead of Nitre, or at least have it in it's recipe. cuz i don't think that people who uses salt for anything else except seasoning salt or salt boxes exist.

1) If you have a patience to tame beefalo, doesn't it mean that you also have it to swim for salt?
2) It's a motivation to use your beefalo more, so it will eat lick less
3) Salt lick can also be more durable, as a buff

I wish that you could take salt and put it into a pond to make it a temporary salt pond thats gives salt when you fish in it (kinda like marble beans in a sense. That would make this idea and other uses more profitable in my opinion.

While it would make sense to include salt in the recipe, beefalo taming is already a tedious process that takes basically an entire in-game season to complete, adding an out of the way resource to the salt lick's craft would further obscure beefalo taming. :apthy:

10 minutes ago, Owlrus98 said:

I wish that you could take salt and put it into a pond to make it a temporary salt pond thats gives salt when you fish in it (kinda like marble beans in a sense. That would make this idea and other uses more profitable in my opinion.

That would actually be a pretty cool idea, it could stop fish from spawning but allow for salt to be farmed for a duration of time, like a mushroom planter. It could work in a similar fashion to the Gorge's salt ponds, too! 

185?cb=20180708131837

I saw the idea before, but having a tier 2 salt lick (made of salt) would be a great idea.

Having it last longer then a regular salt lick would be nice and would help keeping your beefalo tamed. Would also give another use to salt!

I really don't think it would be that out of the way to get salt.  There are several salt spawns on the map, they aren't that hard to get to.  Provided the salt lick lasted longer, or used less salt, or more wanted - make it refuelable - I would be down for this.

6 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

I really don't think it would be that out of the way to get salt.  There are several salt spawns on the map, they aren't that hard to get to.  Provided the salt lick lasted longer, or used less salt, or more wanted - make it refuelable - I would be down for this.

and let the old one to use it when you havent explore he sea yet

Its honestly NOT that hard as people keep saying it is to get salt...
its very easy to find salt biomes, and you dont need a super advanced boat to mine it either.
And if you want super easy salt mining... just use maxwell with miners, and then just get a lazy forager to pick up the salt easily.
The only POSSIBLE issue with this method is the cookie cutters that you can kill with 2 swigs of a dark sword.
And with just a medium sized salt biome can yield over a stack of salt. letting you make PLENTY of salt licks 

But that requires you to have at least gone to the ruins and upgraded the portal!

You are trying to tame beefalo... thats not a very "first autumn" activity if you ask me...

3 hours ago, Electroely said:

Edit: i'm mad

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.92afd384846810724fd7de7977128d4c.png

Missed opportunity to explain how Salty you were.

I like the idea of an advanced salt lick. There really should be more uses for salt in general beyond just salt boxes that people generally don't go through the effort of making if they've already set up a proper kitchen with ice boxes.

I don't know what's the best option but... making an upgraded Salt Lick sounds unnecessary, we can just build several of them and you will be fine for seasons, Nitre is cheaper than Salt but you can quickly be short for servers with several Beefalos, so I think the best agreement is to upgrade the actual Salt Lick : keep the default nitre recipe but allow players to repair it with salt, doing such will save us the boards that are... vanishing when we destroy a depleted Salt Lick.

I agree salt lick should be used salt crystal to craft or just refueled

but only changing material is really pointless

salt lick should be improved for beefalo taming at the same time

otherwise no one would really want to sail and risk just for salt lick when salt box is better option

1. salt lick should last longer

2. beefalo should receive a buff that effectively slow down its hunger reduction overtime or increase value of food by feeding 

after licking salt lick for a certain time, this buff should be able to stacked up to X days

beefalo taming process is not really fun when it requires a lots of repeat feeding actions

3. Warly may grind powder for much better effective on salt refuel

Archived