All Bosses Guide - Solo

Hello there, i know i'm not active here as much as i used too but i know some of you still appreciate my content here and there and i felt this might help a lot of you, specially those who might play DST alone.

I tend to not reply much on posts anymore, but i will try to answer any doubt or questions that might come up from this video since it's about helping you defeat those big and scary bosses.

Enjoy

Do you have any tips for beating bosses as say, Wendy?

I want to be able to effectively contribute to bossfights and/or be able to solo them without having to think about the debuff for not having abby out. Do you have any suggestions for fighting without her dying?

No shade on you Glermz but I'm really sick of "Oh you want to solo x boss?  step 1 pick Wolfgang."

I really hope Wolfgang's rework completely skewers him so that the first tip to fighting any boss isn't "PiCk WoLfGaNg"

Again - no shade on you - but its been a real turn-off for this game for a long time that every time I look up guides for bosses its pretty much about how OP Wolfgang is, and few people even go into detail on how a character without so much free damage, move speed, and health can deal...

I should mention you can also face tank a Deerclops with a marble suit as long as you are consistently near a camp fire; doing so will clear the freezing effects faster than you could be frozen.

Also I would love a guide on how to solo bosses with reworked characters; mainly for the reason that they will not be changed any time soon. Woodie or Winona would be a good example as they both have default damage modifiers and default health as well. This (in my opinion), would apply to anyone with similar stats (most of the cast) and would stand the test of time for quite some while too. 

This is what you want to do in this fight if you don't want to cheese it. .. But Wolfgang is already a cheese

For most of these fights is it all right but keep in mind for regular character since you don't have a natural speed buff you're not going to be able to get the same number of hits that he mentions here most likely you're going to get one less. Most of the standard bosses you're not going to be able to be fast enough to get behind even with a walking cane so it is true that some of these things that he does are only Wolfgang or WX specific if charge. also remember that you're going to take twice the time since you're doing normal damage.

the only bosses that require special attention for regular players are the shadow pieces since you can kite the Shadowrook on a road with a cane it's better to get those prepared for the fights and if you're going with kiting it's best to kill the Knight first then the bishop then The Rook you will have a much easier time than fighting the  Knight at level 2.

Bee queen as well has a different way to fight her the first phase is pretty much the same you kill all but one bee and then tank bee queen for her second phase run from her and see how far her tether is make sure to mark that spot into directions from the center of the hive bee queen is faster than the Grumble bees so you can cut between these two tether points and tank her a few hits and repeat then you just do the same kiting away the grumbles for phase 3 and tank her repeat until she

Final is the guardian and this could be done with any character it's just you get towards the edge of your melee range for him and you attack them approximately at the moment he's about to charge and you can stun lock him netting for a super easy and quick kill

Who the heck is going to use 4 pan flutes to fight bee queen 

Those are my only notes I can add on for solo characters that have standard damage

5 hours ago, EsaiXD said:

That's a nice point about his guide.

While he isn't using cheesy tactics to fight bosses, some amount of cheese appears to be always required to make the fight effective (e.g. a Wall to counter the minions like in DF), and having access to several Pan Flutes for the fight could also be seen as cheese. Besides that it's an ineffective strategy, you could e.g. use Ice Flingomatics against some bosses to achieve a similar result without wasting Pan Flutes. I do not recommend facetanking Dragonfly since it costs alot of health & armor, compared to kiting Dragonfly.

I also don't like it to use Weather Pains against Toadstool, they ain't available on day 3 unlike Torches or Fire Staffs.

11 hours ago, Shosuko said:

No shade on you Glermz but I'm really sick of "Oh you want to solo x boss?  step 1 pick Wolfgang."

I really hope Wolfgang's rework completely skewers him so that the first tip to fighting any boss isn't "PiCk WoLfGaNg"

Again - no shade on you - but its been a real turn-off for this game for a long time that every time I look up guides for bosses its pretty much about how OP Wolfgang is, and few people even go into detail on how a character without so much free damage, move speed, and health can deal...

I completely disagree. All of this methods are possible with any character you just need to gather more resources. I've done them all several times, including with wes, again just with a lot more resource waste.

This game is is catered for Multiplayer, if you have 2 people you can do all of this methods, this early, without any of you being Wolfgang. This is not something you HAVE to it's something that will help you do stuff faster and quicker.

I don't think nerfing a character, in a PVE game, serves any good just because some people are tired of the "Pick Wolfgang".

It's optional as it should be, i made a guide catering Wolfgang, because i love playing him. I love that i can do stuff faster and quick, witch allows me to within 72 days basebuild and kill everysingle boss. 

I understand people not enjoying Wolfgang, but its Optinal, and just because we might not agree with it doesnt mean we need to ruin the fun for those who agree and enjoy :)

Still thank you for sharing your thoughts, and no problems, i know it was not any sort of shade whatsoever, and like you there are others who think a link, i just disagree, wich is healthy, we don't all think alike ;) 

Forgot to mentioned, i do love the aspect of the game of having specific characters for specific tasks and change to them whenever i want to do what they are good at. Wolfgang is good at fighting, MAxwell at gather, Wickerbottom at Growing farms, Wormwood at mass ingredient production + living logs, Warly at making everyone else stronger, Wortox at healing others, wendy at clearing huge ammount of spider nests farm, bee biome sets, Willow for a super relaxing nightmarefuel farm, woodie to explore the entire sea or just get a bunch of treeguards for livinglogs, and so and so on...

Also more than nerfing Wolfgang because of SOLO, would be nice that Klei made an option for you to tune HP for Singlepalyer mode. That way, even with all the multiplayer mechanics would make it possible for you to play whatever character and still do every boss with a bigger challenge than any bosses in singleplayer :) Again that is just my opion and point of view. 

53 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

That's a nice point about his guide.

While he isn't using cheesy tactics to fight bosses, some amount of cheese appears to be always required to make the fight effective (e.g. a Wall to counter the minions like in DF), and having access to several Pan Flutes for the fight could also be seen as cheese. Besides that it's an ineffective strategy, you could e.g. use Ice Flingomatics against some bosses to achieve a similar result without wasting Pan Flutes. I do not recommend facetanking Dragonfly since it costs alot of health & armor, compared to kiting Dragonfly.

I also don't like it to use Weather Pains against Toadstool, they ain't available on day 3 unlike Torches or Fire Staffs.

Several panflutes? How come when 3 Mandrakes + Glommer FLute is the normality of any world? Sometimes you're unlucky and get 2 madrakes + flute (wich is doable as shown in the video) and sometimes you get lucky and get 4 madrakes + Glommer flute. They only require Prestihatitator, how is that a hard requirement once you learn the first steps of the game? :) 

Several people here tend to think Panflutes are a super expensive item when i think they are super cheap and renewable once you learn how to clear Ruins/Fuelweaver easily. All it's costs is 1 green gem and you have 5 panflute deconstructions. Also the more you progress in your game the less you need, because you can add voaltgoatjelly + fight all bosses in one spring and get it down to 1 panflute for BeeQueen and zero for others. 

Also if you want to rush Toadstool at day 3 solo it's your option, my point of the video as stated was how I do them and normally WHEN i do them. If it was to cater other so used tactics i wouldn't have made the video :) 

To summarize, reason i did this is because i got tons of messages of people that always struggled with bosses and they started to do what they saw on stream and started to defeat them one by one, because of their messages i decided to do a compilation to help even further people. My opinion is that this game is even more fun once you are comfortable "farming" the bosses.

6 hours ago, EsaiXD said:

This is what you want to do in this fight if you don't want to cheese it. .. But Wolfgang is already a cheese

For most of these fights is it all right but keep in mind for regular character since you don't have a natural speed buff you're not going to be able to get the same number of hits that he mentions here most likely you're going to get one less. Most of the standard bosses you're not going to be able to be fast enough to get behind even with a walking cane so it is true that some of these things that he does are only Wolfgang or WX specific if charge. also remember that you're going to take twice the time since you're doing normal damage.

the only bosses that require special attention for regular players are the shadow pieces since you can kite the Shadowrook on a road with a cane it's better to get those prepared for the fights and if you're going with kiting it's best to kill the Knight first then the bishop then The Rook you will have a much easier time than fighting the  Knight at level 2.

Bee queen as well has a different way to fight her the first phase is pretty much the same you kill all but one bee and then tank bee queen for her second phase run from her and see how far her tether is make sure to mark that spot into directions from the center of the hive bee queen is faster than the Grumble bees so you can cut between these two tether points and tank her a few hits and repeat then you just do the same kiting away the grumbles for phase 3 and tank her repeat until she

Final is the guardian and this could be done with any character it's just you get towards the edge of your melee range for him and you attack them approximately at the moment he's about to charge and you can stun lock him netting for a super easy and quick kill

Those are my only notes I can add on for solo characters that have standard damage

Just going to do a quick reply since we clearly have different points of view in the game, wich is ok.

All of these tactics I've done them with Wes, just taking more time and a lot more resources. If you like to wast more time, resources or not fight the boss yourself or face his abilities there is plenty you can do outside of the ways i shown. 

Also these are MY methods, not saying they are ONLY ones and i dont expect everyone to follow. It's a guide, it will for sure help a lot of people wich is the point of my video :)

ps. you can always choose to have a stack of gunpowder for each of the big boss if you don't want to cater to the Wolfgang Meta. 40 eggs (small bunny farm is easy to make for this) 40 charcoal and 40 nitre it's pretty ez to mass produce. 

21 minutes ago, GLERMZ said:

Sometimes you're unlucky and get 2 madrakes + flute

And sometimes you can be very unlucky and get 2 mandrakes only (without the flute since the Glommer's Statue didn't spawn).

All it's costs is 1 green gem and you have 5 panflute deconstructions.

Actually it does cost 1.2 Green Gems since you also need 20% of the Construction Amulet to make a Deconstruction Staff with only 1 Green gem, and 20% of a Construction Amulet are 0.2 Greem Gems. And for those who don't fight Fuelweaver but only rely on Dragonfly to get Green Gems, it's 1.35 Green Gems per Decon Staff, since creating the 0.4x Thulecite by con & decon costs ~0.15 Green Gems.

Also the more you progress in your game the less you need, because you can add voaltgoatjelly + fight all bosses in one spring

I do actually consider Volt Goat Jelly-Wolfgang as even more cheese compared to using Catapults, Ice Flingomatics, Lureplants or Bunnyman. Just a single food item to gain +800 dps: Goats do make your life too easy in DST.

10 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

And sometimes you can be very unlucky and get 2 mandrakes only (without the flute since the Glommer's Statue didn't spawn).

Restart your world? I've done hundreds of worlds, hundreds not a single time that happen to me, unless you are messing up with default settings. Not saying it's impossible, but never in 4000 hours of DST i had that happen to me :) 
ps. Still possible to do my method with just one panflute, i just need to alter the second phase and just use road and distance and take more damage from tanking her :)

Actually it does cost 1.2 Green Gems since you also need 20% of the Construction Amulet to make a Deconstruction Staff with only 1 Green gem, and 20% of a Construction Amulet are 0.2 Greem Gems. And for those who don't fight Fuelweaver but only rely on Dragonfly to get Green Gems, it's 1.35 Green Gems per Decon Staff, since creating the 0.4x Thulecite by con & decon costs ~0.15 Green Gems.

Still point stands, it's cheap.

I do actually consider Volt Goat Jelly-Wolfgang as even more cheese compared to using Catapults, Ice Flingomatics, Lureplants or Bunnyman. Just a single food item to gain +800 dps: Goats do make your life too easy in DST.

It's your opinion just like i have mine ;) Not facing any mechanics and just literally do nothing during a fight but watching, that for me is the true cheese :)  It's even cheaper with the methods you stated! (no goat farming, no pepper farming, no weapon farming, no healing required, no flutes/deconstructions) Just sit back and relax.

image.gif

image.gif

On 4/19/2020 at 12:08 PM, Spaartan said:

Do you have any tips for beating bosses as say, Wendy?

I want to be able to effectively contribute to bossfights and/or be able to solo them without having to think about the debuff for not having abby out. Do you have any suggestions for fighting without her dying?

You can actually do all of these methods with Wendy you will just requires almost double the resources i use or wait for spring (wet damage) with morning starts to make a bigger dent. Maybe wait and focus on upgrading the Portal first just so you can do some Voaltgoatjelly with Warly and that way you can even surpass Wolfgang double damage as wendy.

Again this tactics are doable with every character, they will just not be done as quick & cheap without Wolfgang :)
ps. Abigail is actually insane against beequeen since she keeps killing the bees pretty fast and stunlocking her in position while she continues to spawn more, therefore less panflute use (but more damage take)

Hope that helps. 

@GLERMZ

Hi man, after reading all of this thread i would have one request. Would it be possible for you to do mini guides for all bosses as Wilson? It would be a more fair representation of what one can achieve day one. Yes i know your guide is to showcase how to clear all bosses by day one and to waste as less ressources possible by playing as Wolfgang. But considering that nearly all the character cast does normal damage and has normal speed boost it's safe to say that the video you made isn't a fair representation. It is a really good video don't get me wrong. It would be even better to teach new comer though that you dont "need" wolfgang to accomplish stuff.

I know you accomplish all that as Wes and that it's doable (i main the little buddy so i do know that boss killing isn't a problem if you prepare properly) , i've seen your latest Wes run and it was really impressive. Only thing is you were already in a late world where you already had everything in your possession to do it as Wes. But doing everything you mentionned from day one as Wes seem to me pretty undoable. Do correct me if i'm wrong. A guide as Wilson, would show me how closer to the reality i need to prepare or change my tactics if i wanna do all the bosses from day 1.

On this i hope you have a nice day and keep up the good work.

7 minutes ago, Moonatik said:

Did you use C_give on that run ? You did this on the same game right ?

There's live footage of Glermz doing this same style of boss rush without console commands, even if he did end up using some commands in the guide, I don't see how it would be relevant since it's just for demonstration purposes.

7 minutes ago, Moonatik said:

According to the fact that he did the run alone ("Guide - Solo") and does neither have access to the Crock Pot nor to the Boat Kit (but he has access to Honey Ham and to Boat Kit, Steering Wheel, Skinned Sails, etc.), he did make use of the console for his run.

46 minutes ago, fluffytail said:

There's live footage of Glermz doing this same style of boss rush without console commands, even if he did end up using some commands in the guide, I don't see how it would be relevant since it's just for demonstration purposes.

Thanks for the video, I'll watch it.

But it is revelant in my opinion, if a guide shows how to fight every bosses on the first 70 days, with specific items, it's good to know if we can properly have all this specific items during this time. It's a legit question.

If this video is the answer, well thanks once again.

1 hour ago, Moonatik said:

I did use commands to spawn the items and speed up the seasons to the recording as any other tutorial/guide video.

If you want to see my fastest run, 49 days (no Antlion/Bearger/Malbatross/Crabking) in my twitch go to highlights and you will have my 6 and half hour stream from day one to day 49 in a row :) 

17 minutes ago, Superlucas1231 said:

What if I wanted to go fight BQ more than once

How do you get 4 panflutes in a  in-game month?

The forest biome mandrakes spawn in sometimes are many in the same area, often a good 2 or 3 mandrakes.

Plus the glommer flute.

56 minutes ago, Superlucas1231 said:

What if I wanted to go fight BQ more than once

How do you get 4 panflutes in a  in-game month?

First the video was only with 2.5 panflutes im not understanding where the 4 panflutes come from to bee queen, i said it just if you want to be safe, but you dont need 4. 

If you want to fight her again in 20 days, just go to the ruins after her instead of going for shadowbosses, get the deconstruction staff, destroy your 10% panflute and make them again.

39 minutes ago, Well-met said:

The forest biome mandrakes spawn in sometimes are many in the same area, often a good 2 or 3 mandrakes.

Plus the glommer flute.

They do not regrow. You have to destroy the panflutes at 10% with decon staff and craft them again :)

Archived