I love the new Clean Sweeper except....

Klei I LOVE the new Clean Sweeper item in the beta. Its really usful for changing skins for items without recrafting them. But i have one small problem with it. You cant change berry bushes to thier second variant, sapling to thier moon counterpart, nor change evergreens into thier lumpy variant. This item would be 100% 10/10 if i could change bushes with it. 

11 minutes ago, Nickolai said:

nor change evergreens into thier lumpy variant.

I quite sure they wouldn't allow this in the future because the clean sweeper seems more changing an object/item/structure's appearance more than it's functionality and since evergreens drop pinecones and lumpy variants do not I don't think they'll implement it.

11 minutes ago, Nickolai said:

You cant change berry bushes to thier second variant

If you mean this berry bush

Spoiler

Berry Bush | Don't Starve game Wiki | Fandom

Then I think that's a fantastic idea if you could change normal berry bushes to spiky/tropical berry bushes I know some people like how they look and would appreciate that being a feature of the clean sweeper

but if you mean changing them to juicy berry bushes that wouldn't fit the perceived purpose of the clean sweeper which is to change the appearance of items/objects/structures/entities

49 minutes ago, GiddyGuy said:

I quite sure they wouldn't allow this in the future because the clean sweeper seems more changing an object/item/structure's appearance more than it's functionality and since evergreens drop pinecones and lumpy variants do not I don't think they'll implement it.

If you mean this berry bush

Reveal hidden contents

Berry Bush | Don't Starve game Wiki | Fandom

Then I think that's a fantastic idea if you could change normal berry bushes to spiky/tropical berry bushes I know some people like how they look and would appreciate that being a feature of the clean sweeper

but if you mean changing them to juicy berry bushes that wouldn't fit the perceived purpose of the clean sweeper which is to change the appearance of items/objects/structures/entities

I exactly meant the different skins of the bush not juicy berry bushes. Also i felt iffy on the lumpy trees but i went why not since all it changes if it drops pinecones.

6 minutes ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

The berry bushes are different in than one can be used to make bush hats while the other can’t. 

Berry bush is still my preferred hounds defense.

I believe you can use those berrybushes for the bush hat, only juicybushes cant. I still want to see skins for bush hats since you use a straw hat for it.

Sorry but no... There is not a single chance for this to happen for many reasons.

On concert to the evergreens, they're just not the same tree, one drop pine cones, the other don't, it's pretty much the same for the berry bushes that have the same properties but aren't the same item so you can't craft the Bush Hat even if that is a very unimportant problem. Also, the Moon Sapling suggestion is from far the one that I would just not accept : The Hallowed Nights event have a dedicated potion for this purpose and you can now farm Moon Saplings with sunken treasures so I'd be extremely confused if the game makes it so easy to us to have an item with no durability doing the same thing than a time-limited potion.

But the most obvious reason is that you're not making the good suggestion, I would rather like to have a tool that is focused on plants and gardening than using something only related to skins to do something on a... not-skin-thingy.

So yeah, the sweeper is such an amazing thing, but THIS is not what it is intended to so, let's see what the devs have in mind for plants for the next updates !

32 minutes ago, ADM said:

-snip-

I understand your reasoning for the saplings and the lumpy trees, I 100% agree with you there. But i believe it would be amazing for things like bushes since you can decide on which style you want. Even if the bush hat requires the default bush you can just use the staff on the alternate bush so you can use it for the recipe.

Flowers would be amazing for this item also. You can finally make symetrical flower gardens and beefarms with the flowers of your choosing. I personally belive that you cant convert the flower into a rose since its important to lore. Being able to make roses would make that flower not special.

44 minutes ago, Nickolai said:

latest?cb=20200416185043 snippy sweep

When I've noticed the Clean Sweeper, I immediately started to wonder if we're gonna have skins for uncraftable objects like Tam'o or Krampus Sack, so you know what ?

If there is a skin for Berry Bush, this would be fine for me with some conditions, but I don't know if everyone is okay to have a skin of something you can have naturally.

31 minutes ago, ADM said:

When I've noticed the Clean Sweeper, I immediately started to wonder if we're gonna have skins for uncraftable objects like Tam'o or Krampus Sack, so you know what ?

If there is a skin for Berry Bush, this would be fine for me with some conditions, but I don't know if everyone is okay to have a skin of something you can have naturally.

Well i doubt skins for natural things for plants would happen but being able to change the appearence the plant can spawn with would be great.

I hope they may improve the farm mechanic in the future

maybe 1% dropping berry bush seed

and 0.01% juicy berry seed or different variant dropped when you eat or harvest berry

or depend on some condition (season, planted near/next to something) so the seed has a chance to drop 

changing a skin of plant sounds strange to me

Okay heres my retake for this idea.

The clean sweeper can change the appearence of the berry bush to its tropical variant and vice versa. They are exactly the same in functionality. Flowers can be changed by clean sweeper to cycle through the flower variants. 

The sweeper cant change things like berry bushes to juicy berry bushes since it would go against the sweepers design.

On 4/17/2020 at 10:47 PM, Nickolai said:

[...] sapling to thier moon counterpart

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Lunar_Experiment

Yes I know ADM mentioned this potion in his opinion, but if anyone doesn't want to read whole text and doesn't know about this feature can skip a bit important information.

BTW. I want to notice that still we don't have anything to heal infected plants. Or we don't have sprouting for grass, saplings or berries. With Stone Fruit plant I had - and still have - small hopes for getting sproutings for impossible to get / renew plants.

Archived