Dear Klei, can we have Saladmander younglings as critters?

Perhaps this has been requested by other users previously, but we figured there's no harm in making it a public suggestion. 

3 summers ago, my friend and I explored the Lunar Biome with the intention of getting some Moon Moths to have Mothlings for critters. It was meant to be a grab n go journey/expedition, but when we arrived at the island, we fell in love with the place so much so we stayed there for the entire summer just exploring the place and watching the inhabitants on the island interact. 

One creature that particularly caught our eyes and gave us many d'aww moments were the Saladmanders that inhabited the island. While they weren't exactly appealing to us at first sight, they grew on us over time that we made frequent trips to Lunar Island just to see them once in awhile. We like how these somewhat feisty creatures look when they sleep and how cute they are when they run , and those very adorable moments when you have a thermal stone on you and it follows you for a bit until the stone wears out its power. 

We can't say this enough, we think these reptiles are extremely cute and they would make such good bois in the form of babies. Though they are pretty smol already, we do hope we can see a critter form of these guys. Our take on the saladmanders?

They could have the ability to scare off creatures their size if they ever attack you, a nod to their rather feisty natures when enraged, though one at a time and it won't deter naturally hostile mobs from following you. We think it might be a tad bit OP if your critters could scare off small mobs like Spiders, Catcoons, Frogs, though we hope the one-at-a-time mechanics is a good balance. Not sure about Bees, but if they do, they'd probably be only to scare one at a time until they're dead too. 

It's totally fine if they don't have any special abilities like the Mothlings, we just want to interact with these good bois without having to kill them.

We just want the devs they've made our day with the creation of Saladmanders in the game. Thank you for reading!

latest?cb=20190907125606

Hmm. A mini Saladmander. A Salizard or Saladizard, if you will. 

While I think pets have a few other issues at the moment, and certainly even more if they all had abilities, I made a quick sketch to help illustrate your point on potential adorable-ness of such a critter:

902362B5-45C0-415E-995F-4F2EA08E3D0C.jpeg

6 hours ago, CorsairsEdge said:

Hmm. A mini Saladmander. A Salizard or Saladizard, if you will. 

While I think pets have a few other issues at the moment, and certainly even more if they all had abilities, I made a quick sketch to help illustrate your point on potential adorable-ness of such a critter:

902362B5-45C0-415E-995F-4F2EA08E3D0C.jpeg

Thanks for taking the time to draw @CorsairsEdge ! Wished I could draw to give people a better idea too but I lack talent in that department. I was gonna suggest allowing the critter rest on your shoulders as compared to the other critter but I figured that would be way too complicated. 

14 hours ago, PastaFreak said:

We just want the devs they've made our day with the creation of Saladmanders in the game. Thank you for reading!

Ooof, just realized I made a typo in my last sentence too. Meant to say *We just want the devs to know that they've made our day*.

4 hours ago, PastaFreak said:

I was gonna suggest allowing the critter rest on your shoulders as compared to the other critter but I figured that would be way too complicated. 

A critter rest on our shoulders!? As much as I love this idea I can’t help but think the survivors would be driven mad by their hunger cries every five minutes!

2C1C533D-41B2-479E-B999-C2ED49BEA0F0.jpeg

Saladmanders are adorable, but they're already little friends that you can keep as pets just by plopping down a scaled furnace. The best critters imo are the ones based on mobs that normally hate you and want to kill you: broodling, vargling, and ewelet. I'd personally prefer more like those, rather than more already-cute mobs that are babbified a bit.
(There's also mothlings I guess but ??? what is it ???)

2 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

Saladmanders are adorable, but they're already little friends that you can keep as pets just by plopping down a scaled furnace. The best critters imo are the ones based on mobs that normally hate you and want to kill you: broodling, vargling, and ewelet. I'd personally prefer more like those, rather than more already-cute mobs that are babbified a bit.
(There's also mothlings I guess but ??? what is it ???)

I'd like to think when it comes to pets, there's something for everyone, and perhaps not everyone is into cutesy, adorable critters and that's okay. And, in response to your question about keeping pets, I doubt having a creature follow you around for food for a brief period constitutes as a pet really. 

If any, I guess you could say the same could be applied to pigs and merms if we were to feed them food and have them follow us until the timer runs out. Personally, I think it's fine for critters to have some variety. Not all critters need to be based on ugly, menacing creatures that people have to learn to appreciate, and not all critters need to be adorable ones that gets people squealing in joy. A mix is always a welcomed addition. 

Here here!  I've thought that saladmanders and carrats would make great pet candidates since the first time we saw them.  (And we KINDA got that with Carrats earlier this year...except not really, 'cos they were the type of "pet" that the second it follows you onto the tooth traps when dogs are coming, WHAM! and your heart is broken.  I mean, yeah, it's just a cartoon thingie, but that's still kinda depressing and nobody needs more depression in their lives right now.)

As for Saladmanders...YES, and when in their fiery form, can you think of a more appropriate pet for Willow?  (Well okay, the broodling.  But that one's obnoxious to get legitimately since you have to fight a raid boss and even then, it's not GUARANTEED you'll get the drop).  I mean heck, I even nicknamed Willow's charcoal-black kitty in my current game "Charmander", since if this was Pokemon her first, most loyal follower-creature--her starter, in other words--would of COURSE be that one.  : P 

(If I had an ACTUAL saladmander in the game, what would I name it? I dunno.  A spicy plant, maybe? C'mere, Habanero!  Who's a good lizard?)

P.S. : Also Grass Geckos.  :-)

...Notorious

On 4/12/2020 at 4:25 PM, PastaFreak said:

Perhaps this has been requested by other users previously, but we figured there's no harm in making it a public suggestion. 

3 summers ago, my friend and I explored the Lunar Biome with the intention of getting some Moon Moths to have Mothlings for critters. It was meant to be a grab n go journey/expedition, but when we arrived at the island, we fell in love with the place so much so we stayed there for the entire summer just exploring the place and watching the inhabitants on the island interact. 

One creature that particularly caught our eyes and gave us many d'aww moments were the Saladmanders that inhabited the island. While they weren't exactly appealing to us at first sight, they grew on us over time that we made frequent trips to Lunar Island just to see them once in awhile. We like how these somewhat feisty creatures look when they sleep and how cute they are when they run , and those very adorable moments when you have a thermal stone on you and it follows you for a bit until the stone wears out its power. 

We can't say this enough, we think these reptiles are extremely cute and they would make such good bois in the form of babies. Though they are pretty smol already, we do hope we can see a critter form of these guys. Our take on the saladmanders?

They could have the ability to scare off creatures their size if they ever attack you, a nod to their rather feisty natures when enraged, though one at a time and it won't deter naturally hostile mobs from following you. We think it might be a tad bit OP if your critters could scare off small mobs like Spiders, Catcoons, Frogs, though we hope the one-at-a-time mechanics is a good balance. Not sure about Bees, but if they do, they'd probably be only to scare one at a time until they're dead too. 

It's totally fine if they don't have any special abilities like the Mothlings, we just want to interact with these good bois without having to kill them.

latest?cb=20190907125606

I like the sound of salamanders being created as pets

On 4/12/2020 at 4:25 PM, PastaFreak said:

latest?cb=20190907125606

great idea!

if they could cook for you they would be amazing to

15 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I would like Saladmander pet.. Carrats stopped being my friends after year of Carrat ended :( 

They even out right crash your game now on Xbox One when you place Carrat onto Performance pedestal & try to examine him.

Yes! Saladmanders would be adorable!

Archived