Summer will never be an issue again!

In DST, summer is by far the most annoying season you will have to deal with. Overheating, wild fire, all crops dying, and so many other reasons make this season a real annoyance to deal with. However, there is something that completely negates summer's bad effects: the caves! While in the caves, there is no overheating and no wild fire. This is why the best way to deal with summer is by far spending it into the caves. Not only do you get all of the caves goodies, but in addition, you avoid wasting a whole season doing nothing. For those who never thought about it, give it a try!

1 hour ago, chenais said:

@JosePapp well most players don't do this.

Most players don't use the forum either. Plus, there are plenty of suggestion in here on how to make things in DST harder, not easier, so making guides for basic things isn't that helpful here and spamming those guides for every little thing in DST makes it worse.

But if you want to make an in depth guide on surviving in a single thread you're welcomed. There are plenty of those already, but eh, if you want to discuss about it there is nothing stopping you from making it.

Except being forced to live in the caves where activities are somewhat limited compared to the overworld is only somewhat less boring anyway. You can spend maybe 1-2 first summers in caves but after that what is there left to do other than killing fuelweaver and clearing ruins? Not much.

2 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

ye but you dont have to spam guides for known things. Maybe make 1 thread with all you knowledge so if anoyone wants to learn can find it in 1 topic and not filling the whole main page with guides :)

Especially when it drops important threads with developer responses in them asking us the community for help in helping them to solve the games bugs & glitches.

(If I could help in anyway at all with that I would.. Sorry Klei ! :( hope you figure out those issues soon.)

10 minutes ago, chenais said:

@Charlie Dark yea but are you spending that time efficiently?

@shadowDigga you can builds a mega-base underground.

Now I'm getting confused, is it a thread for beginners teaching the basics or survival, or is it a pro guide about playing "efficiently" and building megabases in the caves? 

2 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

filling the whole main page with guides

I said it before, and I'll say it again; we would really benefit from a category like "Guides & Useful Information" on the forums so that knowledge can consistently be added from everyone- to help "anyone".

28 minutes ago, Owlrus98 said:

I said it before, and I'll say it again; we would really benefit from a category like "Guides & Useful Information" on the forums so that knowledge can consistently be added from everyone- to help "anyone".

That's an argueable matter. It kind of falls into commitment of the community about guides rather than devs and mods making a new subforum about it. I doubt alot of people read guides these days since there's a ton of videos, tutorials on YouTube, Steam etc. Unless they want to drill deeper for some details or things they couldnt find in those videos. The best way of learning the game is by simply playing it.

On 3/28/2020 at 12:53 PM, chenais said:

@Charlie Dark yea but are you spending that time efficiently?

If you're prepared, yeah. You can pretty much ignore some of the dangers if you're prepared.

On 3/28/2020 at 12:53 PM, chenais said:

@shadowDigga you can builds a mega-base underground.

Sounds a massive amount of time actually doing so. Is the time and resources worth it just for one season.

1 hour ago, bruhmoment23 said:

Doesnt sound that ,,pro" to me but aight 

11e8zh.jpg

dst is a casual sandbox, not a competitive game. The 'pro-noob' term is redundant in this series imo. I just feel cringe whenever someone uses it.

Archived