Jump to content

Stable, Grooming Station, Light bonus?


Recommended Posts

I'm coming back to ONI after about nine months away.  Right when I stopped playing there was several changes to the Stable, Grooming Station etc.

What's the current status?  Does the Grooming Station need to be inside a stable to function?  does the lit workspace 15% speed bonus apply to the grooming station?

I've done searches and found a lot of old info....  I'm planning out my base expansion and would rather know for sure than build this all out and find out differently.

thanks

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The grooming station must be inside a valid stable in order to function.  Light levels do not affect grooming speed.

Ranching skill level affects how long the critter stays groomed for.  I am not certain of light or skill effects on the incubators though.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's a mod on the workshop that allows ranchers to levelup with grooming as well. My current base I'm using it and at cycle 700+ now, my ranchers have raised their levels considerably. So much so that when they groom/lullaby a critter/egg it stays groomed/lullabied for 3+ cycles. :)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 20/3/2020 at 6:17 PM, Denisetwin said:

I'm coming back to ONI after about nine months away.  Right when I stopped playing there was several changes to the Stable, Grooming Station etc.

What's the current status?  Does the Grooming Station need to be inside a stable to function?  does the lit workspace 15% speed bonus apply to the grooming station?

I've done searches and found a lot of old info....  I'm planning out my base expansion and would rather know for sure than build this all out and find out differently.

thanks

 

husbandry is awfully slow to level, my rancher has lvl 9 husbandry after 1840 cycles of ranching xD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The game mechanics gives us unlimited time and I've never seen a human that could tell the difference between a lit and unlit workplace, so maybe this isn't really worth thinking about?

 

It's just one of those features that doesn't really work for a human player, because we can't feel the effect.

 

You need a game like factorio, where you can do things like making raw resources be gather faster, then reduce the amount of input resources it takes to make a certain output by using a combination of production and speed modules and do a lot of silly math to optimize production lines perfectly, nothing like this is in play in ONI, so it's not really a feature we can feel or use to optimize game play, sure I sometimes put up light's at random machines, but any benefit most likely is lost due to the extra time my dupes spend gathering coal to power the lights.

 

You will just never sit back and enjoy that the dupes do 10% (or whatever the effect is) less work or faster toilet visits, because there is no way as a human to actually tell that we saved 10-15% on every frost burger.

 

I do try to link up production machines to storage and stop them from making food when we have enough of a surplus, but it's mostly impossible to hit perfect food production ratios because there is way to much give in the system, so you can't be sure that a plant is harvested every X second, because one day a dupe might take longer to travel to harvest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 25.3.2020 at 8:43 AM, Miravlix said:

You will just never sit back and enjoy that the dupes do 10% (or whatever the effect is) less work or faster toilet visits, because there is no way as a human to actually tell that we saved 10-15% on every frost burger.

Just to add my 2 cents:

1. I always considered duplicant time as a resource. So beeing able to do the same chores with less duplicants in the same time frame does matter.

(For me mostly game performance wise^^)

 

2. A long time ago I did the math on power positive metal refining and it all came down to how high does the tinkering stat need to be to make a specific refining process power positive.

=> The time a machine needs to run determines it´s power consumption, not the amount of completed tasks.

 

PS:

 
 
 
 
On 25.3.2020 at 8:43 AM, Miravlix said:

it's mostly impossible to hit perfect food production ratios because there is way to much give in the system, so you can't be sure that a plant is harvested every X second, because one day a dupe might take longer to travel to harvest.

If you rely on the automatic "harvest" after 4 cycles and time the irrigation and fertilization of your farms you can produce at perfect conversion ratios.

[The only downside is a not perfect space utilization.]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...