Why does polluted water create Polluted Oxygen,but water does not create Oxygen?

Polluted water giving off polluted oxygen is indeed a wrong physics model. Agree with OP.

In real physics, evaporation of water does not separate the atoms of the molecules into Oxygen and hydrogen.  Rather the H20 changes form from liquid state to gas state. 

Water turning to gas only via high temp of boiling is a fallacy, liquid water will turn into gas state (water vapor) at a much lower temperature then 212F. This evaporation of liquid water to water vapors is one of the factors that drives life on planet earth, for without the evaporation of the oceans/lakes turning into water vapor and forming clouds life(plants and animals) inland would not have a ready supply of H20 so critical for the sustaining of life.

I agree with the OP, polluted water giving off polluted oxygen is not realistic at all. But until ONI can correctly simulate water vapor and not just steam...

Real world physics are tough to put in a computer simulation and would it even be fun is the question? As ONI is a game and not a simulation, maybe the real answer to the OP  is "ONI is game".

Edit: 

Unless ONI can somehow be changed to a physics model where multiple molecules can occupy the same game square, don't really see how ONI could ever approach real world physics. So alas, a game is a game is a game.

because in reality the polluted water releases polluted oxygen to give us the impression that the polluted water is stinking, and not for any other reason, just that it is giving off stink, the same thing polluted dirt, rot pile and etc.

I always imagined that polluted water is full of algae and microbes that produce oxygen.That it is also full of rich sediment speaks to its being used as the primary component in fertilizer. Don't forget that much of our oxygen on earth is produced in our oceans by small organisms.

why change oni to fit the real world can't we do te opposite?

it would be cool if we can store 2000c lava in  plastic bottle and display it floating on a pedestal near our desk and having a pip as domestic animal !

9 hours ago, Badpip said:

it would be cool if we can store 2000c lava in  plastic bottle and display it floating on a pedestal near our desk and having a pip as domestic animal !

exactly, i have never understood why people is so obsessed with games fitting real life so much, its almost as if they want a real life simulator, in wich case they can just go out and live real life instead? xD

22 minutes ago, PIRATE D KING said:

exactly, i have never understood why people is so obsessed with games fitting real life so much, its almost as if they want a real life simulator, in wich case they can just go out and live real life instead? xD

Same here. Obviously ONI is a game, you, know _entertainment_. It takes some inspiration from the real world, but the realism stops right there at the start: There is no known way to print living, let alone thinking (well, somewhat) organisms. The list of things that ONI simplifies or does in its own way is massively longer than the list of things that are modeled on the real-world and there is no way to change that. Hence complaining that some specific aspects are not "realistic" pretty much misses the point.

But the OP's issue isn't that the game doesn't mimic real life, but that the game's internal systems are inconsistent. It's not "Why does water not offgas into oxygen like it does in real life?" (it doesn't), it's "Why does Polluted water offgas to polluted oxygen, but clean water not offgas into clean oxygen?"

True. 

I like consistency in the game mechanic but it doesn't need to be realistic.

That's also my grieve with regolith and ethanol atm. You gain or lose massive amount of heat be melting them. that should not happen. Not because it is not realistic, just because it is inconsistend with the rest of the game.

13 hours ago, Badpip said:

Where can I request mod for that?

Why ask why.          If we're talking about how unrealistic things are..  How about dupes conjuring up bottles out of then air when mopping.        I mean what are these bottles made of plastic      or glass.            Early game they haven't even researched glass or plastic    let alone   how to make use of Glass or plastic to produce bottles.         

Realism is good in two ways: one is that you have an intuitive understanding of what should happen, and that is helpful in learning the game. It is a complex game, and making it easier to understand is useful. The second that is whatever you learn is also useful for your life outside of the game. For example, I learned counter-flow heat exchangers as a concept from playing with oil boilers in the game.

I understand that deviating from realism is needed to make a game due to various constraints, but the more that you stick to reality, the easier the game will be to understand.

4 hours ago, lee1026 said:

I understand that deviating from realism is needed to make a game due to various constraints, but the more that you stick to reality, the easier the game will be to understand.

I doubt that. Physics is actually pretty hard to understand in a lot of places, even if you ignore the completely insane quantum stuff. Simplification does not only serve to make the simulation run at a game-appropriate speed. It also serves to make things easier to grasp and to control. And it allows for inclusion of things that could never work in the real world, like infinite volcanoes, ATENs, critters that survive 100 cycles without being fed, etc, etc, and, you know, _dupes_.

I must say, ranching is woefully scary to newcomers precisely because it deviates from our expectations in so many ways (self regenerating pacu takes a while to figure out). AETN only deviates from our expectations in clearly spelled out ways, which makes it much harder to understand. 

17 hours ago, lee1026 said:

I must say, ranching is woefully scary to newcomers precisely because it deviates from our expectations in so many ways (self regenerating pacu takes a while to figure out). AETN only deviates from our expectations in clearly spelled out ways, which makes it much harder to understand. 

I do agree on that. Ranching is pretty tricky. I worked for some months on figuring it out and since then (mid of last year or so) I basically stopped doing it at all except for Shove Voles and The Regolith Problem.

My point is just that there are trade-offs with regards to performance, complexity, realism and, most important, entertainment value. Any individual complaint of "this is not realistic" is pretty much ignoring the other aspects and all the other unrealistic aspects, especially as Klei has made a very good effort for a game here. Now, if this was aimed at education or actual real-world simulation, things would be different and this would not be adequate, no argument about that. But it is not.

On the other end, I am an engineer and a scientist (CS, but still). I _know_ how physics works (well, on this level, don't expect me to understand the quantum stuff or general relativity), I have experience with simulations, I like building physical stuff and electronics. Somehow I have absolutely no problem with ONI not being modeled closely on actual Physics. I really do not get the claims of inadequate realism. What is their point? The context seems not to support this type of complaint at all. Is the problem that Klei has made this already too realistic and some people feel like they are in realistic Physics and then get their immersion broken when they stumble over specific non-realistic things? I really do not get it.

For one example, oil is somehow heavier than water in this game. switching the order around will do nothing to the playability of the game or make the game any more complex, but it would make the game easier to understand and reason about.

8 hours ago, lee1026 said:

For one example, oil is somehow heavier than water in this game.

Actually, crude oil can vary in density.  Refined petroleum is less dense than water, at about 800 kg per cubic meter, but crude oil can range from under 870 for light crude, to over 1000 for heavy crude.  (Water is exactly 1000 kg per cubic meter because a gram was originally defined as the mass of 1 cubic centimeter of water.)  Depends on the formulation, where it is from.  For example, oil from Venezuela is heavy crude and would actually sink in water.

Archived