[Game Update] - 397125

3 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Updated artwork for the AND gate, to make its function more concrete. (More coming!)

Love the new artwork. It is far more intuitive and newbie-friendly for people who don't know anything about logic operations.

@Ipsquiggle

Would you guys be so kind and implement ribbon bridges and a ribbon comparator? I would like to be able to compare multiple sensor values without having to build basically one of these shown in the pictures.

Spoiler

Here, both compare only two thermo sensor signals (<100/<80) in two tanks with each other and activate the pump in the tank with the lower temperature.

image.thumb.png.371233c518420540c55e64f9facf42c2.png

image.thumb.png.9665d5a154997f879ab52c0c3129a4de.png

By the way: are there wifi-channels or dupetooth™ connections planned in the future?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, SL33PW4LK said:

Ghost replicas of liquid and gas cylinders are everywhere now (no MOD's).

I have that too. 

20 minutes ago, aresd said:

The gas sensors stopped working correctly. Immediately after the update, my base broke down.

Liquid sensors on pipes as well. I have an oscillating liquid sensor on a pipe with no fluid movement. This kills the overflow automatics on my bathroom loop. Free-air gas sensors seem to still work. Is that pipe gas sensors that are broken for you?

Edited by Gurgel

6 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

I have that too. 

Liquid sensors on pipes as well. I have an oscillating liquid sensor on a pipe with no fluid movement. This kills the overflow automatics on my bathroom loop. Free-air gas sensors seem to still work, is that pipe gas sensors that are broken?

Yes =( Everything that worked perfectly 600 cycles with the patch turned into complete chaos and hell.

2020-02-29_2-42-33.jpg

Edited by aresd

• Developer
16 minutes ago, aresd said:

The gas sensors stopped working correctly. Immediately after the update, my base broke down.

2 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

I have that too. 

Liquid sensors on pipes as well. I have an oscillating liquid sensor on a pipe with no fluid movement. This kills the overflow automatics on my bathroom loop.

This bug has been fixed, and we're seeing if we can get a patch out by end of day.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Is there still time for a small request? I would like automation wires to be replaceable just like pipes and power wires.

The reason is that usually you don't have good materials at the start of the game, and you end up building automation from lead, iron, etc. But then at the later game you want to replace with steel/tungsten for high temperature resistance and you need to delete everything and build again.

Well I just found the suggestions forum and added it there.

Edited by MrGuga
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Alexander Block said:

With old logic: 3 gates on 1 pulse divider. Buffers sets to 0.1 s

20200229070749_1.jpg

You don't need the buffer, nor indeed the second memory toggle and AND gate. It works perfectly fine without them. However, as I illustrated earlier, you actually only need a single XOR with one input tied to the output (after the mandatory positive edge detector obviously).

6 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

You don't need the buffer, nor indeed the second memory toggle and AND gate. 

Second memory toggle for second pulse divider. 3 elements for one divider (In your scheme too 3). To transfer to the next divider, one element must be triggered - AND. How many in your scheme? And my scheme is more simple and understandable, and yours is more refined.

15 minutes ago, Alexander Block said:

And my scheme is more simple and understandable, and yours is more refined.

I doubt many will find the AND plus memory toggle more easy to understand, and it's certainly more complex. The only thing you have to remember to make the single XOR toggle understandable is that all gates have a 1 tick propagation delay. With that in mind it's easy to understand how a single tick pulse input can make a XOR gate into a toggle switch.

Before the game remembered automation states on save/reload then we had to use the memory toggle plus AND gate set up as that was persistent on save/reloads. The only advantage the memory toggle plus AND gate toggle now has is that it's resetable (which is important in binary counters).

However, now we have the counter so that's obviously more intuitive to understand, and is also externally resetable.

Edited by Saturnus
  • Like 1